XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

On 5/11/2019 at 4:24 PM, Denver_The_Sinaloa said:

I’m praying that Seattle goes with the name Seattle Grunge and having 90s grunge like colors. that would rope in the 90s kids and make them wear their Nirvana shirts to their games

Kurt Cobain is rolling in his grave.

• Like 5

On 5/11/2019 at 1:24 PM, Denver_The_Sinaloa said:

I’m praying that Seattle goes with the name Seattle Grunge and having 90s grunge like colors. that would rope in the 90s kids and make them wear their Nirvana shirts to their games

I dig it, Seattle bands play halftime shows.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, you would have loved Vince's original idea to name the Birmingham Thunderbolts the "Blast," then.

Your next smart post on here will be your first. Maybe stop and just read for a couple months here.

• Like 4
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Given the XFL's stated purpose to only imply Honest Americans(TM), it would make sense all the names are simplistic and dignified. Boring, generic, but non-offensive seems to be what they'll want to latch onto.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Quillz said:

Given the XFL's stated purpose to only imply Honest Americans(TM), it would make sense all the names are simplistic and dignified. Boring, generic, but non-offensive seems to be what they'll want to latch onto.

I think a case could be made for picking "boring" traditional names as long as they are not NFL names.  Bring in a nostalgic, olde-tyme football vibe with...

Dallas Mustangs

Houston Outlaws

Tampa Bay Sharks

Seattle Wildcats

Los Angeles Dragons

New York Knights

Washington Warriors

St. Louis Skyhawks

Boring, non-controversial, "classic" and yes, boring.  

I don't think the XFL will go there.  I think they will want names that are "new", "fresh" or wost of all "kewl".  

Hopefully he does not stoop to the degree of having the Seattle Forest Sharks or Washington River Lions or any other minor league baseball BS.   I also hope he doesn't go full MAGA with hyper-patriotic names.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WideRight said:

I also hope he doesn't go full MAGA with hyper-patriotic names.

But given how much emphasis was on the XFL only employing "clean" football players and having "simple" rules, it seems this is exactly what the team names should reflect. Something like "Outlaws" and other names that are "fresh and kewl" would seem to be against the whole purpose of this league.

Or it could be Vince was just riding a trend and doesn't actually intend to follow through on any of his promises.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quillz said:

But given how much emphasis was on the XFL only employing "clean" football players and having "simple" rules, it seems this is exactly what the team names should reflect. Something like "Outlaws" and other names that are "fresh and kewl" would seem to be against the whole purpose of this league.

Or it could be Vince was just riding a trend and doesn't actually intend to follow through on any of his promises.

That has seemed to change.  One of the tryouts had former TCU WR Ka'vonte Turpin, who was arrested for assault of a family member.  He was at the St. Louis tryout this weekend.  The Dallas tryout had Trayvon Boykin. 

25 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

That has seemed to change.  One of the tryouts had former TCU WR Ka'vonte Turpin, who was arrested for assault of a family member.  He was at the St. Louis tryout this weekend.  The Dallas tryout had Trayvon Boykin. 

Oh, so Vince was just riding that "'Murica" wave. Got it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Quillz said:

Vince McMahon pulling a fast one on his customers? Say it isn’t so :P 

• Like 2

On 7/14/2019 at 6:44 PM, Sodboy13 said:

Oh, you would have loved Vince's original idea to name the Birmingham Thunderbolts the "Blast," then.

Your next smart post on here will be your first. Maybe stop and just read for a couple months here.

Maybe point out my mistake without being insulting.  Not everyone can be as smart as you.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

19 hours ago, Quillz said:

I dunno - there are a lot of Americans who manage to thump their chests proclaiming their patriotism while at the same time lionizing armed insurrection against the United States and the killing of American soldiers.  Go figure. 

19 hours ago, Quillz said:

Which would be totally on-brand for both McMahon and the whole ‘Murica! industry. :D 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Quillz said:

Oh, so Vince was just riding that "'Murica" wave. Got it.

I think XFL came out with that strategy at the outset when it was competing with a rival spring league. Now that the AAF is dead, I doesn't really need a gimmick to set itself apart.

33 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I think XFL came out with that strategy at the outset when it was competing with a rival spring league. Now that the AAF is dead, I doesn't really need a gimmick to set itself apart.

But now all the true blue patriots that were going to watch a real league with real Americans playing real football will feel betrayed.