XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

17 hours ago, GDAWG said:

he's one of their top stars.  13 time World Champion in WWE.  He has been criticized at times as not putting in 100% effort in the ring. 

It's not like they're called "The Randy Ortons" lol. So they're not named after him, but his moniker is transferrable to a sports mascot.

18 hours ago, Maroon said:

And he's important enough to name a football team after him?

Probably not actually important enough, but I could see somebody taking inspiration from that. Similarly, I've been joking for a while that Seattle will be the Dragons after famous wrestler Daniel Bryan's indie nickname of the American Dragon.

37 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

[heinous video removed for space purposes]

This is just a friendly reminder about the kind of guy Jim Hellwig was before WWE and his estate whitewashed him.

WWE had a pro-LBTQ+ thing recently that co-opted the Warrior gimmick. On the one hand it feels kind of insulting to use somebody who had such heinous views, but it's also kind of fun that somebody like that had their trademark image used for something they would have hated so much. With WWE I assume it was an embarrassing case of misguided pandering, but hopefully it was expert trolling.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

WWE had a pro-LBTQ+ thing recently that co-opted the Warrior gimmick. On the one hand it feels kind of insulting to use somebody who had such heinous views, but it's also kind of fun that somebody like that had their trademark image used for something they would have hated so much. With WWE I assume it was an embarrassing case of misguided pandering, but hopefully it was expert trolling.

Well, I would show the image from Warrior’s comic where he violated Santa, but I think it violates forum rules. Rumors of a few gay encounters have surfaced over the years about Hellwig, so perhaps he was overcompensating?

Either way, I do enjoy the trolling of a pro-LGBTQ Warrior. I don’t enjoy the whitewashing or the burying (like WWE tried during the mid-00s), but rather I prefer the honest depiction of him as an insane, homophobic, and difficult dick with excellent organizational timing (the cartoony WWF and the “pay them everything” WCW) and good branding sense.

• Like 4

The WWE's claim has been "the views of the Warrior do not reflect the views of his wife" which is why they have been so friendly with his wife. 

On the one hand, they have been known to kiss the butt of a guy who is said to be extremely nice and cool (The Rock, but every movie studio kisses his butt pretty much so I will defend WWE in that case) and on the other hand, they have been kissing Hulk Hogan's butt. 

5 minutes ago, rjrrzube said:

Vipers all but confirmed, gargoyles, some sort of jet, bikers of some sort, and military. Can't tell what the others are. 

That flame shooting out looks like it could be a refinery. I'm thinking Houston.

The swamp towards the end looks like that could be Tampa.

The wing on the tattoo looks like it could be LA.

5 hours ago, Volt said:

I deal with athletic team branding every single day, and in my professional opinion, the only AAF logo & color scheme that was marginally acceptable was San Diego’s.  The rest were a debacle, not even on the level of many MiLB branding, and part of the reason the league didn’t catch fire.

Far be it for me to disagree with a "professional," but I find that to be a remarkably bad take. 

3 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

an embarrassing case of misguided pandering

This could be WWE's corporate slogan, really :P

1 hour ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

What's wrong with Vipers?

Obviously having a team named after snakes is a death sentence for any league 🙃

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Okay... I must not be in on the joke. Explain?

I was joking. Obviously there's nothing wrong with the name Vipers. I was making fun of the guy who thinks the name is a problem. 

1 minute ago, neo_prankster said:

That doesn't seem to stop MLB from using snakes for its Arizona franchise.

Besides, what's wrong with snake names?

See above.

I thought the 🙃 emoji was the universal sign of sarcasm. 

• Like 3

Just now, heavybassX said:

I'm thinking Vipers is St Louis.... then there's only one reason why.

It would be hilarious if, after the song and dance about the new XFL not having anything to do with WWE this time around, Vince just named all the teams after wrestlers. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ice_Cap said:

It would be hilarious if, after the song and dance about the new XFL not having anything to do with WWE this time around, Vince just named all the teams after wrestlers. 

It be a hilarious convience otherwise i'm thinking he's invested part-time

1 minute ago, heavybassX said:

It be a hilarious convience otherwise i'm thinking he's invested part-time

Vince McMahon doesn't do anything part-time. He'll micromanage this thing into the grave like he did the first one. 

• Like 2