-  grassy field

- the fan of a plane engine

- a fighter pilot flying

- a cavalier statue

- US Marines

- fallen leaves in a forest

- a tattoo

- a pack or bikers

Some of this surely combines ideas into a name, but Washington might be the Marines.  Cavalry might be another name, as is something oil industry related (Roughnecks, Wildcatters, etc).  Gargoyles is likely there too.

Any other suggestions?

Good rundown, but you missed a few.

A key part of this is there are two quick shots (for each team, I presume), each separated by the stadium entry:

Team One - (crashing) wave (from under the water)  + reptilian eye  -- educated guess is (Seattle) Sea Dragons.

Team Two - gargoyle face + gargoyle head - New York Gargoyles

Team Three - refinery worker (with flare) + grinding tool emitting sparks -  educated guess of  Houston Wildcatters/ Wildcats/Roughnecks/Roustabouts; something in that vein.

Team Four - a city street at night (from the air) + grassy field at night, with a sort of roar or animal sound at the end - Night Beasts? City Beasts?

Team Five - the fan of a plane engine + a fighter pilot flying -  Fighters? Pilots? ....Thunderbirds? That last name would go with the red and white "lightning" logo...

Team Six - a cavalier statue (actually, civil war soldier statue with US capitol in background) + US Marine - obviously Washington; maybe Sentries, Soldiers? Or as was pointed out as "confirmed" name, Warriors?

Team Seven  - bayou swamp scene + fallen leaves in the forest (from a low ground view) - Likely Tampa Bay, maybe either Vipers or Gators

Team Eight -  (Winged) tattoo + a pack of bikers - Hell's Angels? Outlaws? 

• Like 4

It is what it is.

2 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

Now will they have Art Deco uniforms?

I think this could happen if someone like Under Armour, Starter or Champion made the uniforms. If it's adidas or Nike I think they'll have a brick pattern on the yokes or numbers and the helmet and that's it. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think this could happen if someone like Under Armour, Starter or Champion made the uniforms. If it's adidas or Nike I think they'll have a brick pattern on the yokes or numbers and the helmet and that's it. 

Well based on the images I’m thinking this is leaning more gothic and less Art Deco.

My guesses based on the images in the video and the teases:

1. spacer.png = spacer.png + spacer.png  Los Angeles      Something to do with bikers: Angels?
  2. spacer.png = spacer.png + spacer.png Tampa      Something to do with the swamp: Vipers/Crocs/Leatherheads
  3. spacer.png = spacer.png + spacer.png Seattle Dragons
  4. spacer.png = spacer.png + spacer.png Dallas      Something about oil or blue color factory work: Wildcatters, Roughnecks, Drillers
  5. spacer.png = spacer.png + spacer.png New York   Gargoyles or Sentries
  6. spacer.png = spacer.png + spacer.png Houston   Something to do with the Air Force/NASA?
  7. spacer.png = spacer.png + spacer.png Washington   Military theme: Generals/Soldiers/Marines/Calvary
  8. spacer.png = spacer.png + spacer.png St. Louis     You got me! No idea what this could be.

3 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

It would be hilarious if, after the song and dance about the new XFL not having anything to do with WWE this time around, Vince just named all the teams after wrestlers. 

I swear, after seeing the teaser video and doing a little interwebs research (I'm not a big wrestling fan) I think this is actually happening

All of the following were wrestler names:

-- Viper

-- Gargoyle

-- (Chief) Thunderbird

-- (Ultimate) or (Road) Warriors

-- (Super) (Ultimo) Dragon

-- Wildcat

-- (California's) Hell's Angels

-- The Wolfman

• Like 2

It is what it is.

25 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

My guesses based on the images in the video and the teases:

1. spacer.png = spacer.png + spacer.png  Los Angeles      Something to do with bikers: Angels?
  2. spacer.png = spacer.png + spacer.png Tampa      Something to do with the swamp: Vipers/Crocs/Leatherheads
  3. spacer.png = spacer.png + spacer.png Seattle Dragons
  4. spacer.png = spacer.png + spacer.png Dallas      Something about oil or blue color factory work: Wildcatters, Roughnecks, Drillers
  5. spacer.png = spacer.png + spacer.png New York   Gargoyles or Sentries
  6. spacer.png = spacer.png + spacer.png Houston   Something to do with the Air Force/NASA?
  7. spacer.png = spacer.png + spacer.png Washington   Military theme: Generals/Soldiers/Marines/Calvary
  8. spacer.png = spacer.png + spacer.png St. Louis     You got me! No idea what this could be.

Those are some bad guesses, no offense.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

1 minute ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

How so?

Well that was a little harsh. Not all of them but some.

The refinery one definitely will be with Houston likers the Oilers. The flying one has nothing to do with NASA; if so it would be more spaced themed. And some of the city associations are off to me

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Just now, jus2damcrazey219 said:

Well that was a little harsh. Not all of them but some.

The refinery one definitely will be with Houston likers the Oilers. The flying one has nothing to do with NASA; if so it would be more spaced themed. And some of the city associations are off to me

My thought behind that was that before NASA took over space exploration, it was part of the US Air Force. So, to me at least, there is some connection there, especially if it is in Houston. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

So I screenshotted the images and these were what I saw in order:

- a wave

- a reptilian eye

-  gargoyle statue

- someone working at a refinery

- a city street at night

-  grassy field

- the fan of a plane engine

- a fighter pilot flying

- a cavalier statue

- US Marines

- fallen leaves in a forest

- a tattoo

- a pack or bikers

Some of this surely combines ideas into a name, but Washington might be the Marines.  Cavalry might be another name, as is something oil industry related (Roughnecks, Wildcatters, etc).  Gargoyles is likely there too.

Any other suggestions?

Those two could be a nod to three of their cities.

Seattle for Boeing

Los Angeles for Lockheed, Douglas, Northrup, and Hughes.  Not to mention the JPL

St. Louis for McDonnell

• Like 1