XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

The Oilers colors plus Black will go to Tampa Bay.....mark my words!'

Reason being, they reached deep into the history books and found there was a 
Tampa Bay team to be in the PSFL(1992, but league folds 2 weeks before kickoff), same exact colors, the Tampa 
Bay Outlaws.....

My other predictions::

The LA team will probably be the blue silver white, paying homage to the old USFL Express minus the ugly maroon thank god!

The 3 greens goes to Seattle

The Blue orange green to St Louis

Black and Silver to New York

Red and White to Dallas

Red Orange and Black to Houston

Blue Grey Red to Washington

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

6 hours ago, B-Rich said:

THIS IS FUN.

I like Crimson Bull's "picture puzzle" approach.

Using it and IceCap's possible prescience regarding wrestler names being adapted to team names,  I submit the following. 

Team One:   spacer.png = spacer.png + spacer.png Seattle Sea Dragons

Team Two:    spacer.png = spacer.png + spacer.png New York Gargoyles 

Team Three:  spacer.png = spacer.png + spacer.png  Houston Wildcats

Team Four:    spacer.png =  spacer.png + spacer.png St. Louis Werewolves

Team Five:    spacer.png =  spacer.png + spacer.png Dallas Thunderbirds

Team Six:      spacer.png =  spacer.png + spacer.png Washington Warriors

Team Seven:  spacer.png = spacer.png + spacer.png Tampa Bay Vipers

Team Eight:    spacer.png = spacer.png + spacer.png  California Hell's Angels

Some of the cities can be interchanged; you can probably put Vipers in Houston (not too far from bayou country; it was founded on Buffalo Bayou) IF you put the Wildcats in Dallas; Thunderbirds can go anywhere, as can Werewolves.

The night aerial shot is not St. Louis.  If you look closely there are palm trees visible.  That would represent Tampa most likely.

mizzoufb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Could they get away with calling the NY team the Gotham Gargoyles? Or would DC comics have a fit about that

And for those with Washington Warriors guesses, Dan Snyder owns that name for a failed AFL start up, also he keeps it for potential Redskins replacement names if he has to. But that's a completely different discussion. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LogoMark said:

spacer.png I think I might have Tampa and Seattle logos switched

I'm thinking the LA Renegades.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

31 minutes ago, LogoMark said:

spacer.png I think I might have Tampa and Seattle logos switched

This is a nice layout that makes a lot of sense.  Selfishly hoping the Light Blue/Red/Black is for Houston and not LA.  Houston Highwaymen?

I also still think it makes sense for the Red/Orange/Black to be Tampa in large part because of Raymond James Stadium.  It also seems like some of these color combos relate to the cities' other athletic histories (Seattle's Green/Yellow, Houston potentially in Light Blue/Red) so that would align.  But, as you laid out, the video teases don't line up.

It's fun to guess.  Anxiously awaiting 12:30pm.  I hope they also unveil an official licensing/apparel partner (UA would be great for them) and have good merch ready to go.  

Slightly off topic:

Looking back at past XFL pictures, I stumbled upon this.  I can't believe they practically filled Pac Bell Park!  The AAF would have killed for that kind of turn out.  In my head I've always remembered the XFL as a catastrophic failure, but it looks like it had some potential.  

Image result for san francisco demons

90758391980.gif

3 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

XFL definitely started out high in week 1 and then declined from there.

That was largely because of the gimmicky, wrestling-style action of making everything "extreme" and "ultra-2000s." In terms of gameplay and presentation (at least execution, not style), the XFL did a good job. 

If McMahon can be believed, and the 2019 XFL has a straightforward, non-gimmicky presentation, it'll have at least a little bit of success, IMO. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

22 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

That was largely because of the gimmicky, wrestling-style action of making everything "extreme" and "ultra-2000s." In terms of gameplay and presentation (at least execution, not style), the XFL did a good job. 

If McMahon can be believed, and the 2019 XFL has a straightforward, non-gimmicky presentation, it'll have at least a little bit of success, IMO. 

Not if this tweet is indicative:

• Like 1

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

36 minutes ago, buzzcut said:

He then tweeted this:

OHNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like 1

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Slightly off topic:

Looking back at past XFL pictures, I stumbled upon this.  I can't believe they practically filled Pac Bell Park!  The AAF would have killed for that kind of turn out.  In my head I've always remembered the XFL as a catastrophic failure, but it looks like it had some potential.  

The XFL did reasonably well at the gate.  I think they were on par with USFL season 1 for attendance.  The television part of it was the catastrophic failure   In fact. The lowest atttended XFL game was around 10,000 and change.  A figure is sure the AAF would’ve killed for.  😂😂😂

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

44 minutes ago, buzzcut said:

To be fair, we have no idea what this guy's taste in names is. You can find thousands of tweets talking about how great uniforms and logos supposedly suck. Same principle could apply here.

That being said, I'm perfectly willing to give a mea culpa to this guy when he's 100% correct

• Like 1

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

So names like the hotshots fleet and legends will look hall of fame in comparison huh?  Great just great!  Well spring football is officially dead now 🙄

edit.  I can take one or 2 bad names maybe. Not a league full of them. No matter how great the uniforms might be. I’m praying to god these next 2 hours !!

1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Slightly off topic:

San Francisco had strong support in 2001 - the Demons led the league in attendance with an average of over 35,000 fans. Presumably some of that can be attributed to a brand new stadium and non-Candlestick weather. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 minutes ago, mkg74 said:

The XFL did reasonably well at the gate.  I think they were on par with USFL season 1 for attendance.  The television part of it was the catastrophic failure   In fact. The lowest atttended XFL game was around 10,000 and change.  A figure is sure the AAF would’ve killed for.  😂😂😂

They also advertised locally much better than most of the AAF teams did.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

They also advertised locally much better than most of the AAF teams did.

Hell yes. Even the Washington Federals had better Marketing than the whole AAF put together. Lol.  Believe me. I live in a former AAF town. It was frustrating to me how they weren’t marketing the franchise here. Well now we all know why they weren’t. 😛