XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

I keep on seeing comparisons with the Seattle Dragons and UAB Blazers, but not a comparison of the two. Here you go, in case you were curious like me:

1280px-uab_blazers_logo-svg.png

screen_shot_2019-08-21_at_12.34.18_pm.pn

...and, yep, those are pretty similar. But Seattle has a fin!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I keep on seeing comparisons with the Seattle Dragons and UAB Blazers, but not a comparison of the two. Here you go, in case you were curious like me:

1280px-uab_blazers_logo-svg.png

screen_shot_2019-08-21_at_12.34.18_pm.pn

...and, yep, those are pretty similar. But Seattle has a fin!

I really do not think they are that similar other than profile is basically the same. I think an argument could be made this would be a good update for UAB though. The unnecessary second green is my only complaint with Seattles.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, j'villejags said:

Thanks! For some reason I had UA in my head but couldn't find anything to corroborate that.

UA had to drop out of the MLB contract because they’re struggling and couldn’t handle the volume.   Do we think they minor league football is small enough that UA could actually follow through?

8 hours ago, hugevolsfan said:

I really do not think they are that similar other than profile is basically the same. I think an argument could be made this would be a good update for UAB though.

I'd say Seattle's logo was definitely inspired by UAB's. At the end of the day there's only so many things you can do with a dragon logo that haven't already been done. It's hard to top what Mortal Kombat and UAB have done for the category.

• Like 2

Hotter Than July > Thriller

19 hours ago, j'villejags said:

Thanks! For some reason I had UA in my head but couldn't find anything to corroborate that.

Did Champion have the contract the first time? Might not be a bad idea to go with them again if an agreement can be made. They are a trendy brand with the younger crowd. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Brandon9485 said:

Did Champion have the contract the first time? Might not be a bad idea to go with them again if an agreement can be made. They are a trendy brand with the younger crowd. 

Yes, Champion was who did them the first time. I still have my replica Hitmen Jersey in my closet.