XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

19 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

I have a friend who is the Head Equipment Manager for the DC Defenders. I spoke to him yesterday, asking him if he could give me any "hints" about their uniforms. His response; "no idea". 

Rather odd that the equipment manager, in November, doesn't know what the uniforms will look like.

That is very, very odd.

• Like 2

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

1 hour ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

I have a friend who is the Head Equipment Manager for the DC Defenders. I spoke to him yesterday, asking him if he could give me any "hints" about their uniforms. His response; "no idea". 

Rather odd that the equipment manager, in November, doesn't know what the uniforms will look like.

You think they would've done something along the lines of "prototype" jerseys that would have been unveiled until the real things came out. Ala the Nike/NFL deal, granted not all the teams then changed but they showcased something, even if it's like the AAF with dummy uniforms made by Starter.

2 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Does he actually have equipment to store in a room in DC or has he been told that it will be waiting for him in Houston? 

Hell, is he even in the Beltway now?

2 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Does he actually have equipment to store in a room in DC or has he been told that it will be waiting for him in Houston? 

Hell, is he even in the Beltway now?

My understanding is that yes he is in the DC area. Where? I don't know. 

When we were in the AAF together, we were given information about our uniforms, mockups and such, before we left for training camp in December and we got the uniforms and helmets delivered to us once we got to San Antonio. I would imagine that something similar is happening with the XFL, but by this point last year we at least knew we had purple helmets. He can't even tell me the helmet color at this point. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

My understanding is that yes he is in the DC area. Where? I don't know. 

When we were in the AAF together, we were given information about our uniforms, mockups and such, before we left for training camp in December and we got the uniforms and helmets delivered to us once we got to San Antonio. I would imagine that something similar is happening with the XFL, but by this point last year we at least knew we had purple helmets. He can't even tell me the helmet color at this point. 

That is weird.  I would have thought that they would have their uniforms done by now and were waiting for them to be released in time for Black Friday, if not at least by Christmas. 

• Like 2

Just now, GDAWG said:

That is weird.  I would have thought that they would have their uniforms done by now and were waiting for them to be released in time for Black Friday, if not at least by Christmas. 

It's entirely possible that the uniforms are indeed done and they they simply haven't informed the teams or, at least, the EQ managers. Why the secrecy? Beats me.

4 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

It's entirely possible that the uniforms are indeed done and they they simply haven't informed the teams or, at least, the EQ managers. Why the secrecy? Beats me.

Who does your friend think the uniform supplier is going to be?  Nike? Reebok? Adidas?  New Era?

I did read somewhere that the team presidents know what the uniforms look like.

• Like 1

https://www.frntofficesport.com/xfl-starter-apparel-deal/

The XFL is finalizing a deal with athletic apparel brand Starter, sources tell Front Office Sports.

The sports brand is expected to design and supply the off-the-field apparel for the reborn XFL and its eight new teams.

The XFL, meanwhile, is also working on a separate deal for an on-field uniform supplier, said sources.

Starter, now owned by Iconix Brand Group, previously outfitted the defunct Alliance of American Football, which filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy on April 17.

The XFL declined to comment. Starter executives could not be reached. The XFL is expected to announce its apparel, uniform and equipment partners over the next few weeks.

During its first incarnation in 2001, the XFL teamed with Champion for the league’s official on-field uniforms, practice wear and replica jerseys. BIKE was the league’s official helmet supplier.

In January, Iconix and former NFL star Carl Banks’s G-III Sports announced a five-year extension of its licensing deal with Starter, known famously for its ‘Starter Jackets’ in the 1980s and 1990s.

G-III Sports’ licensing deal includes all co-branded Starter product lines for pro and college sports, ranging from the NFL and NBA to MLB and NCAA.

Founded in 1971, Starter was one of the first athletic brands to forge partnerships with pro teams and leagues. By the 1990s, Starter was manufacturing licensed uniforms and other gear for NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL as well as individual clubs such as the New York Yankees, Mets, and Knicks.

As Starter boomed in the early 1990s with athletes to entertainers wearing the brand, it reached $350 million in sales. The hip hop community embraced Starter, with DJ Jazzy Jeff starring in national ads. Even Bill Belichick posed for ads in his Starter gear while coaching the Cleveland Browns.

But Starter fell on hard times in the late 1990s and was later acquired by Nike. Iconix bought the Starter brand back from Nike in 2007. Since then, Starter has been slowly expanding back into pro sports.

Banks’ G-III brought back the retro Starter Jackets in 2013. For this year’s NFL games in London and Mexico, Starter created limited-edition satin jackets for each team to commemorate the games. They sold for $169.99.

After the failure of the first XFL, which was a joint venture between WWE and NBC,  WWE Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Vince McMahon is personally funding version 2.0 through his Alpha Entertainment.

https://www.frntofficesport.com/xfl-starter-apparel-deal/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GDAWG said:

What stuns me is this line from the article:  "The XFL, meanwhile, is also working on a separate deal for an on-field uniform supplier, said sources."

They don't have a uniform supplier yet?  They start minicamp in January!!!   

This does not bode well, and certainly means that the odds of being able to buy replica or authentic jerseys for Christmas are not good. 

Is it me or is this something that should have been locked down maybe in June or July, to giver the companies time to make unique uniforms.  I am afraid we are going to see some generic-looking template jerseys this season.   

Very disappointed, because for me (and I doubt I am alone in this) the look of the team (helmets, uniforms, logos) is perhaps the #1 factor in determining if I take the league seriously, and if I do, which team I root for. 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, WideRight said:

What stuns me is this line from the article:  "The XFL, meanwhile, is also working on a separate deal for an on-field uniform supplier, said sources."

They don't have a uniform supplier yet?  They start minicamp in January!!!   

This does not bode well, and certainly means that the odds of being able to buy replica or authentic jerseys for Christmas are not good. 

Is it me or is this something that should have been locked down maybe in June or July, to giver the companies time to make unique uniforms.  I am afraid we are going to see some generic-looking template jerseys this season.   

Very disappointed, because for me (and I doubt I am alone in this) the look of the team (helmets, uniforms, logos) is perhaps the #1 factor in determining if I take the league seriously, and if I do, which team I root for. 

I am guessing that Vince McMahon wanted Nike (as he prefers to have this version of the XFL as a major league, which is the reason for 7 of the 8 teams in markets already occupied by the NFL and their TV deal with Fox and ESPN) but Nike didn't feel it was worth it, so they were left scrambling.

10 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I am guessing that Vince McMahon wanted Nike (as he prefers to have this version of the XFL as a major league, which is the reason for 7 of the 8 teams in markets already occupied by the NFL and their TV deal with Fox and ESPN) but Nike didn't feel it was worth it, so they were left scrambling.

I don't know how the business works these days, but I'd imagine the XFL is in the position of paying the supplier, rather than the suppliers bidding on the deals.  I can't imagine having the ad space on an XFL jersey is worth companies outbidding each other for.  

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I don't know how the business works these days, but I'd imagine the XFL is in the position of paying the supplier, rather than the suppliers bidding on the deals.  I can't imagine having the ad space on an XFL jersey is worth companies outbidding each other for.  

Vince McMahon will want the supplier to pay him because that is how his brain functions. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Vince McMahon will want the supplier to pay him because that is how his brain functions. 

That's how any businessperson's brain functions.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."