XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

14 hours ago, GDAWG said:

So basically, we should expect the XFL uniforms to be more like the 200 or so uniforms that the Oregon Ducks have had in the last few years. 

Yea, I was thinking that, if they handed it off to Nike or UA with the rule that they are allowed to use experimental designs like Nike does with Oregon and UA (sadly) does with Maryland. 

28 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Definitely not Nike.  Initially I thought there was a small chance they could be UA based on the front neck/collar stitching, but if it is, it's not one of their high-end/collegiate-level templates based on the ridiculously-aged mesh on the upper body.  The sleeves and yokes appear to be a standard matte cordura fabric at least.  Unless it's a brand-new template, these aren't Under Armour, either.  

That leaves Adidas, which my company does not sell, so I'm not as familiar with.  From the looks of their Team Catalog, these could potentially be either the Techfit All-American template.

Either way, very disappointing it's not Nike or UA; not surprised at all that it's not Nike, but given Duane Johnson's connection to UA, and UA having almost no major presence in American football anymore outside of their select college programs, I thought we had a chance at that, would've brought about some great team merch.  

These also do not match up with the New Era CFL uniforms, though I can't remember if the CFL was wearing Adidas/Reebok uniforms with New Era badging in 2019.  

New Balance is a dark horse as they just got into the football uniform game with football cleats coming in 2021 or 2022, but this doesn't line up with their uniform either.

They also do not match the AAF template badged by Starter.

Judging from this video, these are probably generic uniforms made offshore that the XFL will not badge with an official uniform partner for the 2020 season.  That would line up with the leaks we've seen. 

I hope I'm wrong, we'll find out tonight.

• Like 2

I thought that the Roughnecks and the Wildcats will wear navy blue and red respectively. Welp, I was wrong. Plus, the XFL logo placement is now confirmed. It might just be me, but I think that the Guardians' light jersey will be grey instead of white, based from the teaser.

• Like 1

What we can tell so far:

DALLAS RENEGADES

Home:  

Away:  White body, Black trim, Light Blue/Black numbers

DC DEFENDERS

Home:  solid Red body, 1-color White numbers

Away: 

HOUSTON ROUGHNECKS

Home:  Red body, Navy trim, Navy/White numbers

Away: Grey body, Navy/Red numbers, Red yokes/sleeves/side panels

LA WILDCATS

Home:  Black body, Gold/Red numbers (these have major potential)

Away: 

NY GUARDIANS

Home:  

Away:  Grey body, Black/Red numbers

SEATTLE DRAGONS

Home:  Navy body, Dark Green trim, White/Orange numbers (these will suck)

Away: 

ST LOUIS BATTLEHAWKS

Home:  Royal body

Away:  White body, Royal/Grey numbers

TAMPA VIPERS

Home:  Kelly Green body, Lime Green trim

Away: 

Houston, New York and LA might have some great looks.  

All of the uniforms feature a mascot name above what might be custom number fonts. 

3 minutes ago, edjb93 said:

I thought that the Roughnecks and the Wildcats will wear navy blue and red respectively. Welp, I was wrong. Plus, the XFL logo placement is now confirmed. It might just be me, but I think that the Guardians' light jersey will be grey instead of white, based from the teaser.

With what looks like 2 Light Grey uniforms, I wonder if some team's Away sets will be Light Grey instead of White, namely Houston & New York.  Those 2 teams have color sets (Navy/Red, Black/Red) that will look excellent with Light Grey, but they are also similar.  

Still, it would be a slightly original thing to do.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

These also do not match up with the New Era CFL uniforms, though I can't remember if the CFL was wearing Adidas/Reebok uniforms with New Era badging in 2019.  

No change in the CFL this year with the move from Adidas to NE. Same factory, different logo embroidered on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kmccarthy27 said:

Yea, I was thinking that, if they handed it off to Nike or UA with the rule that they are allowed to use experimental designs like Nike does with Oregon and UA (sadly) does with Maryland. 

Don't forget Nike's NFL Color Rush. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Volt said:

Definitely not Nike.  Initially I thought there was a small chance they could be UA based on the front neck/collar stitching, but if it is, it's not one of their high-end/collegiate-level templates based on the ridiculously-aged mesh on the upper body.  The sleeves and yokes appear to be a standard matte cordura fabric at least.  Unless it's a brand-new template, these aren't Under Armour, either.  

That leaves Adidas, which my company does not sell, so I'm not as familiar with.  From the looks of their Team Catalog, these could potentially be either the Techfit All-American template.

Either way, very disappointing it's not Nike or UA; not surprised at all that it's not Nike, but given Duane Johnson's connection to UA, and UA having almost no major presence in American football anymore outside of their select college programs, I thought we had a chance at that, would've brought about some great team merch.  

New Balance is a dark horse as they just got into the football uniform game with football cleats coming in 2021 or 2022, but this doesn't line up with their uniform either.

They also do not match the AAF template badged by Starter.

Judging from this video, these are probably generic uniforms made offshore that the XFL will not badge with an official uniform partner for the 2020 season.  That would line up with the leaks we've seen. 

I hope I'm wrong, we'll find out tonight.

Any chance it could be something like Puma?

Just now, GDAWG said:

Any chance it could be something like Puma?

I don't believe Puma has put their brand on a football uniform since the late 90's (I could be wrong).  Starter or New Era would be more likely, though the XFL did start selling some '47 Brand apparel recently, so I would think that if it was New Era, they would have exclusivity on headwear & apparel.  There was a Starter rumor bouncing around a week ago. The XFL made sure not to show the upper left chest of these jerseys in this teaser video (opposite the XFL logo), so there is a spot for a manufacturer's mark and quite frankly, if there's not one opposite the XFL logo, the front of the jersey will look unbalanced, considering they're foolishly putting the team logo at the homeplate spot instead of the league logo.

If New Balance had their football footwear ready, this would've been a prime spot for them.  I don't love some things about their new template, but the quality is good.

44 minutes ago, jonny24 said:

No change in the CFL this year with the move from Adidas to NE. Same factory, different logo embroidered on.

I'm beginning to wonder if the XFL's plan was to manufacturer these in Mexico or offshore as a non-branded uniform, and then try to bid out a partnership, leaving a spot on the upper left chest open for that mark to be easily added.  Would explain the leaks we've seen with no brand logo, and that empty space, as well as the recent rumor that they were trying to finalize a deal with a uniform brand.

Make a uniform, slap someone's logo on it, kind of like the CFL this year.

16 minutes ago, Volt said:

I don't believe Puma has put their brand on a football uniform since the late 90's (I could be wrong).  Starter or New Era would be more likely, though the XFL did start selling some '47 Brand apparel recently, so I would think that if it was New Era, they would have exclusivity on headwear & apparel.  There was a Starter rumor bouncing around a week ago. The XFL made sure not to show the upper left chest of these jerseys in this teaser video (opposite the XFL logo), so there is a spot for a manufacturer's mark and quite frankly, if there's not one opposite the XFL logo, the front of the jersey will look unbalanced, considering they're foolishly putting the team logo at the homeplate spot instead of the league logo.

If New Balance had their football footwear ready, this would've been a prime spot for them.  I don't love some things about their new template, but the quality is good.

If it's New Era, it looks nothing like how they do CFL uniforms. 

I am guessing it's Adidas. 

27 minutes ago, Volt said:

I'm beginning to wonder if the XFL's plan was to manufacturer these in Mexico or offshore as a non-branded uniform, and then try to bid out a partnership, leaving a spot on the upper left chest open for that mark to be easily added.  Would explain the leaks we've seen with no brand logo, and that empty space, as well as the recent rumor that they were trying to finalize a deal with a uniform brand.

Make a uniform, slap someone's logo on it, kind of like the CFL this year.

I think it was more that NE took over buying from Adidas's factory while they spent a year designing. I don't think the CFL is going around sourcing jersey factories and designing them themselves.

1 minute ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Vipers are dark green (not light) and metallic gold.  Dragons are navy and orange.  I don't think I'm going to like this.

Pretty sure the Vipers' "Gold" will be Bright/Yellow-Gold ala Pittsburgh/Green Bay.  

1 minute ago, daniel75 said:

So the XFL site doesn’t give a time or where/how to see them. Smart.

I'm not too sure about this new and improved XFL you guys...

EDIT: it's so bad. Their website's two lead "stories" are "Uniforms coming soon" and a baby Yoda meme.

Yikes.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags