XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

8 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Looks like that earlier Vipers leak was legit.

I'm shocked that the Roughnecks aren't wearing blue. Wearing red kind of downplays the "Dollar Store Oilers" vibe the logo had going for it.

I guess we're getting Chargers-esque lightning bolts for the DC Defenders.

1 minute ago, GDAWG said:

I am a bit surprised that we don't know who the uniform supplier is as I would have thought an announcement was made already. 

They either don't have one or it's a company that's not a big name.

4 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

No supplier marks.

Ya, I find that odd. Are they just waiting on announcing the supplier or do they not even have a supplier contract signed yet? You would think the supplier would want the uniform branded with their logo right off the bat, and somebody has to have made these even if they're just mocks.

Also, mark me down as a fan of the simplicity of the DC uniforms. It could have been easy to overproduce the lightening theme, but even if I'm not big on the lightening in the pant stripe, they pulled it off relatively tastefully. Also like that the obese shield wasn't included in the helmet logo - looks much better with just the internal logo elements.

• Like 4

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

6 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

No supplier marks.

That is weird.  Usually if it's not on the front of the jerseys, it's on the shoulders, like how the Nike Swoosh is on the shoulders of NFL jerseys.  Under Armour and Adidas usually have their logos on the front. 

• Like 1

Just now, Maroon said:

Ya, I find that odd. Are they just waiting on announcing the supplier or do they not even have a supplier contract signed yet? You would think the supplier would want the uniform branded with their logo right off the bat, and somebody has to have made these even if they're just mocks.

Honestly? I don't think the "big three" of Nike, UA, and Adidas want anything to do with minor league football. The AAF could only get Starter, and they're probably not eager to jump in bed with the XFL so soon after the AAF failed. I don't think the XFL had very many, if any suitors. And given what we know about Vince? He probably scoffed at the idea of paying a supplier. So here we are.

My guess is the league is taking the approach of "no supplier until someone comes to us first."

Which is ballsy and full of confidence, but it could also make their gear look minor league. Even the AAF had a brand on their gear people knew. Mostly from nostalgia, but still. It was something.

Champion would probably be perfect for this league, but either they're not interested or Vince didn't think they were big-time enough for his special project.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ice_Cap said:

Honestly? I don't think the "big three" of Nike, UA, and Adidas want anything to do with minor league football. The AAF could only get Starter, and they're probably not eager to jump in bed with the XFL so soon after the AAF failed. I don't think the XFL had very many, if any suitors. And given what we know about Vince? He probably scoffed at the idea of paying a supplier. So here we are.

My guess is the league is taking the approach of "no supplier until someone comes to us first."

Which is ballsy and full of confidence, but it could also make their gear look minor league. Even the AAF had a brand on their gear people knew. Mostly from nostalgia, but still. It was something.

Champion would probably be perfect for this league, but either they're not interested or Vince didn't think they were big-time enough for his special project.

Right, and I get all of that, but if there's no supplier... then who is supplying the uniforms? Are they just getting a custom print job from the team sports shop down the road?

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

Just now, Ice_Cap said:

Watch out for TapOut, which is owned by Vince McMahon.

As for Adidas, they supply the uniforms of the National Arena League:

http://www.nationalarenaleague.com/

And Under Armour apparently supplies the uniforms of the Indoor Football League:

https://goifl.com/landing/index

• Like 1

DC looks awesome. I like the pant aesthetic, and marching the simplicity of the DC flag is a nice touch.

Good work so far.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

24 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Champion outfitted XFL 1.0. I don't know who owns the brand now - is it still Sara Lee? - but it's possible that was not the best of partnerships. Champion basically disappeared from pro sports after that.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Could it be that the area on the chest we assume the suppler opposite the XFL logo is a place for a sponsor patch/advertisement? You could still do branding on the sleeve/shoulders as Nike currently does in the NFL if/once a branding partner is announced.

It's also kind of funny how 25 years ago or so, brands weren't on jerseys and when the logo creeps started to happen people were against them and we've eventually accepted them. Now when a league doesn't have a manufacture logo on the jersey, we're all freaking out!

• Like 1

SEAsig.png