XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

7 minutes ago, CS85 said:

This is what happens when you commision the same design firm to make all of your uniforms, and consult the WWE sales index for which wrestler's merch has moved the most in the last few years, and then Vince has to sign off on all of it.  It's the samey generic bullcrap that he trots out every Monday and has for the last 15-odd years.

Correct.  This looks like one of those super dumb Wrestlemania football jerseys.

It’s very obvious that they did not have athletic branding people on board...or at least not ones with a great vision that they could get through to Vince.

sigh...I was excited for this.  

At least the Renegades helmet is great.

16 minutes ago, Cujo said:

The proverbial "wet blanket" has been thrown on my interest in XFL 2020. ✌

Looking forward to the end of the season, when you tell us all you were a fan of [insert championship team] the whole time.

• Like 4
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

i think these turned out better than anyone honestly expected. the unis are certainly a step up from the logos / identities. 

still, a lot of repeated ideas; seems the template was really restrictive. you dont see any custom cut and sew or elements breaking from the template, like say the Seahawks stripes. 

color palette overall very limited. but i like what they did with the number fonts which ate well ahead of Nike’s offerings. legible but customized enough

i feel like for every pro theres a con. id say overall its perfectly average. nothing impressive or especially tasteful and only the Vipers feel particularly awful. 

@Old School Fool NFL teams all use their own balls but they all look the same. i wonder if thats the case here, where the offenses will always play with the team ball? i think its a cool idea but, the ball design is just as meh as the rest of it all

• Like 8

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Good

1) St. Louis- The helmet is a bit busy, but the colours work well together and it's a pretty clean look.

2) New York- This would be #1 but the monochrome black knocks it down.

3) DC Defenders- It's a very simple identity, but it's also very clean. Again, held back by monochrome.

4) Dallas Renegades- It's very vibrant and very fun. I like how the colours work together, it's just...monochrome.

Ok

5) Los Angeles Wildcats- I get what they were going for, it just misses the mark. I think it's the LA logo and the colour balance on the road set. Neither of those does anything for me.

Bad

6) Houston Roughnecks- This whole set seems confused. The logo wants to be the Oilers. The uniforms are butchered by the template. The red stars, while sort of matching the logo, don't really work. They're too flat compared to the logo with its multiple outlines. And those just look like the Patriots' pants. Too many ideas here.

7) Seattle Dragons- UAB Blazers infringement aside? It's just bad. Those pants stripes are goofy.

8 ) Tampa Bay Vipers- Gaudy, ugly, trash. Nothing about this works, except the alternate logo they have on the front of the jersey. That's the single redeeming aspect of this identity.

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

My issue is the use of the letters "LA" that is used by the Lakers, Kings, Clippers, Dodgers, Galaxy and LAFC.  They could have used a different symbol, one that stands out, that makes them different. 

How many different ways can you draw a wildcat that does not infringe on the MANY MANY other Wildcat teams out there?????

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

9 minutes ago, Jeffery said:

The AAF had better names, logos, and colors, but the XFL won the uniform battle.

Barely won

whats with all the colored shelve/shoulder caps?

so generic, it’s just nearly at the same AAF level. 

do they not watch football or see what designs are out there? They make college and nfl look like fashion connoisseurs. 

these are horrid. 

seattles side paneling is the only sAving grace here. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Good

1) St. Louis- The helmet is a bit busy, but the colours work well together and it's a pretty clean look.

2) New York- This would be #1 but the monochrome black knocks it down.

3) DC Defenders- It's a very simple identity, but it's also very clean. Again, held back by monochrome.

4) Dallas Renegades- It's very vibrant and very fun. I like how the colours work together, it's just...monochrome.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a fair bit of switching of pants and jerseys between the sets as the season wears on. I don't expect full-time monochrome from all the teams showcasing it tonight.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I want to fight whoever insisted on all of these custom number fonts.

Also, looks like every team has 2-color numbers (not counting DC).

None with 1-color.  None with 3-color.  All the same.

So damn lazy.  Someone fleeced the XFL on this job.

• Like 2