XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

Just to address the LA helmet stripe, if they wanted to go with a clawmark motif I still would argue that this idea (one of my concepts, sorry to toot my own horn) would have been a better way to go because it lets them get both the orange and red into the stripe.  Note the black facemasks here too.  I just think that works better. 

spacer.png

• Like 7

1 hour ago, WideRight said:

Just to address the LA helmet stripe, if they wanted to go with a clawmark motif I still would argue that this idea (one of my concepts, sorry to toot my own horn) would have been a better way to go because it lets them get both the orange and red into the stripe.  Note the black facemasks here too.  I just think that works better. 

spacer.png

Agree its a cleaner more refined stripe, theirs has lie 4 stripes or something like that is way too much! I dont mind the orange oir black face, i think either one works but thats my opinion

• Like 1

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

13 hours ago, Volt said:

These look like a super bush league high school now.  The Orange mask at least gave it some sort of a custom, major league finish.

My guess is they didn't have enough made and maybe they are ordering more.  Instead of mixing & matching for the player helmets they had now, maybe they pulled the Black that they acquired from the AAF and are just using them temporarily.  Hopefully the Orange mask returns but that custom paint can take a minute.

The XFL didn't purchase the AAF equipment, Major League Football did.

I think the black looks more polished and "major league" while the orange looked like a high school trying too hard. But that's merely my opinion. I totally agree on the side panels YUCK!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, OchentaYOcho88 said:

The XFL didn't purchase the AAF equipment, Major League Football did.

I think the black looks more polished and "major league" while the orange looked like a high school trying too hard. But that's merely my opinion. I totally agree on the side panels YUCK!

You are correct, I didn't see the final result of that sale, only that the XFL wanted it in May.  

I think the Black on Black looks as basic and "stock" as anything could be after a White/Grey Facemask combo.  They could've at least used a different finish in order to differentiate themselves from New York.  They both have Gloss Black helmets with Black facemasks now.  If you put these two pictures side-by-side in grayscale, you'd barely be able to tell the 2 teams apart, especially with how similar their number fonts are:

ELeQzRYWwAESk9B?format=jpg&name=mediumELjsaFFUUAA6KYP?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Just really poor vision, planning and execution.  They are about 1 color, 1 helmet stripe, a slight number font tweak, and a different logo away from being identical.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Volt said:

And yes....no football team in 2020 should have side panels on their jerseys, at any level.  It's as bad as piping on a football jersey or pant.  They just don't belong.

i agree 1,000% on the piping.  Piping was a dated look in the 70s and did NOT need to make a comeback.  Side panels, however, I have zero issue with.

On 12/11/2019 at 10:45 AM, WideRight said:

spacer.png

Yes, I like this!

• Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 4:03 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The New York helmet logo is great.  But the logo doesn't really stand out on the black helmet.  The helmet, when you look at it, appears simply to have three stripes.

Image result for new york guardians helmet

You have to stare pretty intensely in order to make out the lion's face.

I think the helmet should be grey, and should feature the outlined logo.

imagined-guardians-helmet.png

There the lion's head really stands out.

I'm partial to red with a black facemask.

spacer.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Volt said:

You are correct, I didn't see the final result of that sale, only that the XFL wanted it in May.  

I think the Black on Black looks as basic and "stock" as anything could be after a White/Grey Facemask combo.  They could've at least used a different finish in order to differentiate themselves from New York.  They both have Gloss Black helmets with Black facemasks now.  If you put these two pictures side-by-side in grayscale, you'd barely be able to tell the 2 teams apart, especially with how similar their number fonts are:

Just really poor vision, planning and execution.  They are about 1 color, 1 helmet stripe, a slight number font tweak, and a different logo away from being identical.

the NFL doesn't even do this. The Bears and Steelers do have black helmets and facemasks, but on the rare chances that they play each other, one of them wears white.   Earlier this year, the Cowboys and Lions played each other, and while both have gray helmets and facemasks, the Lions wore blue jerseys and the Cowboys were in white. 

4 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

the NFL doesn't even do this. The Bears and Steelers do have black helmets and facemasks, but on the rare chances that they play each other, one of them wears white.   Earlier this year, the Cowboys and Lions played each other, and while both have gray helmets and facemasks, the Lions wore blue jerseys and the Cowboys were in white. 

The Bears have black helmets?

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

I never stated that these teams would both play each other wearing black.  Ever.  Anywhere.

What I said was, with LA going to Black facemasks, these teams are nearly identical outside of 1 of 3 team colors, the logo and name, and a slight variation of the number font.  It's inexcusable team brand planning for an 8-team league.   They could literally remove the decals and swap helmets if needed.

New York should've had Houston's Silver helmets.  At the very least, one of the Black helmeted teams could've chosen a matte/satin finish or a tasteful two-tone paint/stripe scheme.  

I just can't believe this league's aesthetic decisions.

Except for one thing:  the Dallas Renegades helmet may be one of the nicest football helmets ever designed.  It's absolutely gorgeous.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

For an eight team league, they could've got away with having one team be purple or teal.

Or both.

"Not that there's anything wrong with that."

There's also maroon, which is very underused.

Hmm...also just occurred to me they didn't use any metallic gold, either.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LogoFan said:

Side panels, however, I have zero issue with.

My problem is that they never work in practice. Sure you can get the side panels and pants stripes to line up for a photo shoot, but once you get players playing on the field? It's impossible and it just looks bad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LogoFan said:
On 12/5/2019 at 4:03 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I think the helmet should be grey, and should feature the outlined logo.

imagined-guardians-helmet.png

There the lion's head really stands out.

I'm partial to red with a black facemask.

spacer.png

I have to say that I like grey more than red for the helmet.  The lion statues are grey; so I'd like to see grey be more prominent.  And I also think that red should remain just an accent colour.

Still, I like the red helmet more than the black one.  And of course I like the logo as a defined form placed on the side of the helmet, rather than as a disjointed group of oversized shapes that cover the helmet from front to back.

• Like 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

3 hours ago, Volt said:

Those are practice jerseys. Remember NY will have shoulder stripes, to begin with. 

• Like 1