XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

On 12/4/2019 at 10:33 AM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

This was the original announced logo for Las Vegas.

Image result for las vegas outlaws helmet logos

But some people claimed (in my opinion baselessly) that this logo resembled a swastika.  It is to the Las Vegas team's credit that it came up with such a good one so quickly to replace this.

The original Outlaw logo was ditched because some people felt it looked like a Star of David.  The Xtreme logo was the one that some thought looked like a swastika...to me it looked like a weird double boomerang.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rjrrzube said:

Those are practice jerseys. Remember NY will have shoulder stripes, to begin with. 

I'm aware.  From the head up, when those 2 teams play each other, nothing more than decals are going to set them apart.  Idiocy on the league's behalf.

39 minutes ago, Volt said:

I'm aware.  From the head up, when those 2 teams play each other, nothing more than decals are going to set them apart.  Idiocy on the league's behalf.

And from the head up, nothing separates the Broncos, Bears, or Texans, other than decals. The decals ARE there, so pretending they aren’t just for the sake of argument is pointless 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LogoFan said:

The original Outlaw logo was ditched because some people felt it looked like a Star of David.

Ah, right! Thanks for the correction.

That is a pretty silly comparison. (That much I got right.) Though I can see the point that it looked too much like the Louis Vuitton logo, as @rjrrzube suggested.

• Like 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

19 hours ago, jn8 said:

And from the head up, nothing separates the Broncos, Bears, or Texans, other than decals.

And in a league of 32 teams, there will inevitably be a certain amount of overlap. 

But in an 8-team league?  With centralized ownership?  There’s no excuse for that.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

And in a league of 32 teams, there will inevitably be a certain amount of overlap. 

But in an 8-team league?  With centralized ownership?  There’s no excuse for that.  

They could easily have had an 8 team league with no color combo overlap.

DC: Red helmet, red jersey, white pants, red socks

NY: Black helmet, black jersey, grey pants, black socks

TBY: Lime helmet, lime jersey, white pants, lime socks (with darker green & yellow stripes/piping)

STL: Royal helmet, royal jersey, silver pants, royal socks (with some navy piping/stripes)

DAL: Sky helmet, Sky jersey, white pants, black socks (with black and red stripes/piping)

HOU: Silver helmet, red jersey, silver pants, red socks (with royal/navy blue)

SEA: White helmet, green jersey, white pants, green socks (with orange & navy)

LA: Black helmet, orange jersey, white pants, black socks (with red & black piping)

Not that hard.  You could even go more extreme with some makeovers:

DC: Keept the same

NY: Just Black & Grey (matte, non-silver, like a granite grey)

TBY: Keep the same

STL: Keep the same

DAL: Switch jersey to sky with black yoke

HOU: make pants metallic silver not grey

SEA: Change jersey main color to green, not navy

LA: Change jcolors to Red, Black and Metallic Gold.  Gold Helmet, red jersey, gold pants (Too SF 49er??)

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Saw this image of a painted Vipers field rendered for the XFL commercial that aired on FOX last weekend:

fPoe1hl.jpg

Lot's of interesting things in this image. Firstly though, I don't think this is what we would see for a Vipers field come game day, but maybe it shows some hope that the fields won't be XFL 2001 like (which had no team logos at all, just an XFL logo at midfield, and black endzones with XFL logos in the center). The image looks like it came from a Buccaneers game this year, since you can see the NFL 100 logos are still on the field in this image. And there's no way the XFL will be able to fill this size of stadium to capacity (although, in smaller stadiums, like in DC, they should be filling stadiums if they want a chance to make multiple years out of this league). I'd hope to see a bit more creativity for field designs out for the XFL this time around. Hopefully they took notes form the AAF when it comes to field design. 

17 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Saw this image of a painted Vipers field rendered for the XFL commercial that aired on FOX last weekend:

fPoe1hl.jpg

Lot's of interesting things in this image. Firstly though, I don't think this is what we would see for a Vipers field come game day, but maybe it shows some hope that the fields won't be XFL 2001 like (which had no team logos at all, just an XFL logo at midfield, and black endzones with XFL logos in the center). The image looks like it came from a Buccaneers game this year, since you can see the NFL 100 logos are still on the field in this image. And there's no way the XFL will be able to fill this size of stadium to capacity (although, in smaller stadiums, like in DC, they should be filling stadiums if they want a chance to make multiple years out of this league). I'd hope to see a bit more creativity for field designs out for the XFL this time around. Hopefully they took notes form the AAF when it comes to field design. 

the AAF had some worse field designs, especially in Salt Lake City, when the stitching could not be removed from the field.

13 hours ago, GDAWG said:

the AAF had some worse field designs, especially in Salt Lake City, when the stitching could not be removed from the field.

How can you say that Salt Lake had the worst when they could't even change the design? That's not their fault and to say that their field design was bad is not fair to the team. I'm sure had they been allowed to do something with the field, it would have been good.

What fields are you talking about anyway? Honesty the worst of the bunch might have been Orlando, but that's only because their endzones were boring. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

How can you say that Salt Lake had the worst when they could't even change the design? That's not their fault and to say that their field design was bad is not fair to the team. I'm sure had they been allowed to do something with the field, it would have been good.

Exactly.

And unless they lay grass in Houston, it ain't gonna change either.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Honesty the worst of the bunch might have been Orlando, but that's only because their endzones were boring. 

I liked Orlando's endzone design ☹️

On 12/12/2019 at 3:23 PM, LogoFan said:

The original Outlaw logo was ditched because some people felt it looked like a Star of David.

Oh the horror 🙄

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 6:28 AM, Volt said:

Tampa’s stadium will look nothing like that, considering it’s mostly Red in real life.

I still don’t get the color choices of this league.

That is going to look weird since the Vipers do not have any red in them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

You're gonna let uniforms ruin your enjoyment of a new league?

Give the XFL a chance!!!! We need for the NFL to have some competition every now and then.

The NFL already has competition.....sort of:

It is the only Alternative football league that is taken seriously by many of us here.  People tend to forget that and only focus on the United States.   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Volt said:

I am now officially off the XFL bandwagon.

What a debacle.  Vince just couldn't help himself.

I mean, this isn't the greatest design, but I'm not sure it's enough to just outright dismiss an entire league. Seems kinda harsh.

• Like 11