XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

23 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Those DC United fans will be complaining about that.

A lot DCU fans raised hell about the XFL team when it was announced that they'd be playing at Audi Field. Hell, when the Premier Lacrosse League's tour came to DC last year, they raised hell about the damage those games did to the grass.

There's a big portion of the fanbase that doesn't want anything besides soccer being played at Audi Field. On the other side, club's ownership really likes money. At one point before Audi Field opened DCU's website flat out said other sports would be played at the stadium, so it really shouldn't be a surprise when it happens.

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

18 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

A lot DCU fans raised hell about the XFL team when it was announced that they'd be playing at Audi Field. Hell, when the Premier Lacrosse League's tour came to DC last year, they raised hell about the damage those games did to the grass.

There's a big portion of the fanbase that doesn't want anything besides soccer being played at Audi Field. On the other side, club's ownership really likes money. At one point before Audi Field opened DCU's website flat out said other sports would be played at the stadium, so it really shouldn't be a surprise when it happens.

Same can be said for all other MLS fanbases, not just DC

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I think that's any fanbase. There was a rock concert at Jacobs Field that ruined the outfield grass in the late 90's/ early 2000's. Fans were against the team doing that ever again. But since team's need to pay the bills that still happens. It's partly why Mapfre Stadium has a stage for their summer rock concerts, at the cost of permanent seating. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The Sounders and Seahawks have gotten really good at turning the stadium over between games, so I'd expect the XFL Dragons to be just as good. If not, Sounders fans are going to be pissed if we have to deal with this :censored: again:

football-lines.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

14 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think that's any fanbase. There was a rock concert at Jacobs Field that ruined the outfield grass in the late 90's/ early 2000's. Fans were against the team doing that ever again. But since team's need to pay the bills that still happens. It's partly why Mapfre Stadium has a stage for their summer rock concerts, at the cost of permanent seating. 

My high school football stadium was over 100 years old and was like a city historical site. Naturally, we took pride in our stadium. One thing that pissed us off was that the Catholic high school would play all their "home" games at our stadium. Besides the issues of pride and the Catholic school's staff during game days, there were two main points that annoyed us. 1) Our field was grass and every week the stadium was hosting us or them. I recall one time where it had been raining the week before and the Catholic school tore up the field so bad, that by the time our game rolled around next Friday, in which it was also raining, the entire field was a mud pit. It was so bad that our team got false start penalties that cost us the game, because out players were sliding in the mud while just trying to get into a three point stance. 2) The Catholic high school had more that enough money to build their own stadium. The school had been around for more that 60 years at that point and never build one, despite being the 2nd richest private school in the state. They refused to build their own stadium, but used outs. Eventually they did build their own stadium, but not until years later.

In relation to the soccer teams and the XFL; I don't see what the soccer teams would have to get upset about. Ok there is the issue of tearing up the field if it was grass, but these are pro franchises that spend millions of dollars for professional upkeep, so they should be able to do a better job at keeping the field green over our high school volunteers. And if it's turf? So what?

33 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

My high school football stadium was over 100 years old and was like a city historical site. Naturally, we took pride in our stadium. One thing that pissed us off was that the Catholic high school would play all their "home" games at our stadium. Besides the issues of pride and the Catholic school's staff during game days, there were two main points that annoyed us. 1) Our field was grass and every week the stadium was hosting us or them. I recall one time where it had been raining the week before and the Catholic school tore up the field so bad, that by the time our game rolled around next Friday, in which it was also raining, the entire field was a mud pit. It was so bad that our team got false start penalties that cost us the game, because out players were sliding in the mud while just trying to get into a three point stance. 2) The Catholic high school had more that enough money to build their own stadium. The school had been around for more that 60 years at that point and never build one, despite being the 2nd richest private school in the state. They refused to build their own stadium, but used outs. Eventually they did build their own stadium, but not until years later.

In relation to the soccer teams and the XFL; I don't see what the soccer teams would have to get upset about. Ok there is the issue of tearing up the field if it was grass, but these are pro franchises that spend millions of dollars for professional upkeep, so they should be able to do a better job at keeping the field green over our high school volunteers. And if it's turf? So what?

Just because they are pro franchises doesn't mean they won't face the same issues high schools face. I'm watching Man United at Tranmere Rovers and that field looks worse than some American high school football fields. Manchester United fans also get cranky when the Rugby League final gets played at Old Trafford. 

Tranmere Rovers v Manchester United - FA Cup Fourth Round : News Photo

Tranmere Rovers v Manchester United - FA Cup Fourth Round : News Photo

For those teams with grass, bad weather can overtake the best field crews in the business. IT's the reason the NFL used to have a grass guru go to the host stadiums and install brand new grass. As far as turf, it comes down to having something that looks like a XFL/NFL/AAF field rather than looking like they borrowed someone else's field. In the AAF, San Antonio was able to use UTSA's field and have it look like there's, while Salt Lake was stuck with Utah Utes field due to everything being stitched in. Dallas will be using field turf as well as Globe Life will also have a USL soccer team playing there this year. As for that Catholic school, that was the case where I used to live as well. The only Catholic high school rotated games between the two biggest stadiums in the county until they finally built there own stadium less than a decade ago. As soon as they moved to their own stadium, those two stadiums were converted to turf, mainly to help for bids for state playoff games.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Just because they are pro franchises doesn't mean they won't face the same issues high schools face. I'm watching Man United at Tranmere Rovers and that field looks worse than some American high school football fields. Manchester United fans also get cranky when the Rugby League final gets played at Old Trafford. For those teams with grass, bad weather can overtake the best field crews in the business. IT's the reason the NFL used to have a grass guru go to the host stadiums and install brand new grass. As far as turf, it comes down to having something that looks like a XFL/NFL/AAF field rather than looking like they borrowed someone else's field. In the AAF, San Antonio was able to use UTSA's field and have it look like there's, while Salt Lake was stuck with Utah Utes field due to everything being stitched in. Dallas will be using field turf as well as Globe Life will also have a USL soccer team playing there this year. 

As for that Catholic school, that was the case where I used to live as well. The only Catholic high school rotated games between the two biggest stadiums in the county until they finally built there own stadium less than a decade ago. As soon as they moved to their own stadium, those two stadiums were converted to turf, mainly to help for bids for state playoff games.

The long term speculation is that eventually Globe Life Park will be the new home of Arlington ISD football and eventually would be the home of UT-Arlington if they get football back, which seems doubtful.  The stadium is right next door to the new Rangers Ballpark Globe Life Field and across the street from Jerry World.  The XFL is the reason Globe Life Park is still in use as a sporting venue.

5 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

The long term speculation is that eventually Globe Life Park will be the new home of Arlington ISD football and eventually would be the home of UT-Arlington if they get football back, which seems doubtful.  The stadium is right next door to the new Rangers Ballpark Globe Life Field and across the street from Jerry World.  The XFL is the reason Globe Life Park is still in use as a sporting venue.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/synthetic-field-installed-for-soccer-football-at-globe-life-park-new-ballpark-nears-completion/2297086/?_osource=db_npd_nbc_kxas_twt_shr

The synthetic field to be used by the new tenants at Arlington's Globe Life Park is installed and got its first use Thursday.

Students with the Arlington Independent School District were treated to a clinic by the North Texas Soccer Club and were running through drills with the team when NBC 5 stopped by Thursday morning.

The former home of the Texas Rangers will now host the XFL's Dallas Renegades and USL League One's North Texas Soccer Club, a reserve team for FC Dallas.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

21 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/synthetic-field-installed-for-soccer-football-at-globe-life-park-new-ballpark-nears-completion/2297086/?_osource=db_npd_nbc_kxas_twt_shr

The synthetic field to be used by the new tenants at Arlington's Globe Life Park is installed and got its first use Thursday.

Students with the Arlington Independent School District were treated to a clinic by the North Texas Soccer Club and were running through drills with the team when NBC 5 stopped by Thursday morning.

The former home of the Texas Rangers will now host the XFL's Dallas Renegades and USL League One's North Texas Soccer Club, a reserve team for FC Dallas.

This was always a possibility since the XFL was announced for Globe Life Park.  The unlikely part to me is UT-Arlington getting football back.

3 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I thought that Globe Life Park was going to be the Renegades' stadium. As in they (the XFL) owned it.

23 hours ago, GDAWG said:
23 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

There's a big portion of the fanbase that doesn't want anything besides soccer being played at Audi Field. 

Have the Chargers' games resulted in any damage to the field in the Galaxy's park?

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 1/24/2020 at 2:38 PM, GDAWG said:

All of the teams are owned by Vince McMahon, who owns WWE. 

Technically they're owned by Alpha Entertainment.  Technically.

7 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

It was so bad that our team got false start penalties that cost us the game, because out players were sliding in the mud while just trying to get into a three point stance.

Interesting that the other team didn't play on the same field.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

38 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Technically they're owned by Alpha Entertainment.  Technically.

Interesting that the other team didn't play on the same field.

I should clarify. The penalties were being called on us and not on them. They too were slipping out of their stances all night, it just wasn't called on them because they were the #2 team in the state and we weren't. 

4 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

I thought that Globe Life Park was going to be the Renegades' stadium. As in they (the XFL) owned it.

Doesn't make sense to buy stadiums when renting out 5 games is better on the wallet. If $37,500 is the standard per game it's cheaper to rent than buy. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 1/25/2020 at 8:24 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Yep, I cannot wait till MLS gets out of Yankee Stadium. It destroys the field and it just looks awful with those faded soccer lines on the field. Plus I hate seeing the MLS logo given equal billing to the Yankees all over the place - even a lot of the cups only say "Yankee Stadium" on them now instead of being the cool collector cups we used to have.

• Like 1

Anubis.png

On 1/24/2020 at 8:12 PM, gosioux76 said:

I know nothing about modern turf technology, but doesn't it seem more than reasonable to make turf in which design elements can be interchangeable? Like, replaceable endzone designs, etc. I might be asking too much. 

On 1/24/2020 at 9:31 PM, MJWalker45 said:

MetLife does this for Jets and Giants. Most field turf builds don't take that into consideration. 

AT&T Stadium does the same thing for Cowboys games and switching to whatever college football game is going on