XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 10:23 AM, CrimsonBull9584 said:

My high school football stadium was over 100 years old and was like a city historical site. Naturally, we took pride in our stadium. One thing that pissed us off was that the Catholic high school would play all their "home" games at our stadium. Besides the issues of pride and the Catholic school's staff during game days, there were two main points that annoyed us. 1) Our field was grass and every week the stadium was hosting us or them. I recall one time where it had been raining the week before and the Catholic school tore up the field so bad, that by the time our game rolled around next Friday, in which it was also raining, the entire field was a mud pit. It was so bad that our team got false start penalties that cost us the game, because out players were sliding in the mud while just trying to get into a three point stance. 2) The Catholic high school had more that enough money to build their own stadium. The school had been around for more that 60 years at that point and never build one, despite being the 2nd richest private school in the state. They refused to build their own stadium, but used outs. Eventually they did build their own stadium, but not until years later.

In relation to the soccer teams and the XFL; I don't see what the soccer teams would have to get upset about. Ok there is the issue of tearing up the field if it was grass, but these are pro franchises that spend millions of dollars for professional upkeep, so they should be able to do a better job at keeping the field green over our high school volunteers. And if it's turf? So what?

it's not the teams, it's the fanbase of those teams. 

I'm concerned with the visuals for the Sounders, I believe March 21/22.

Sounders play a 7pm game on the 21st and then the Dragons play a 12 noon game on the 22nd. If it's dumping rain, they may not be able to repaint the field for the football game. In that case, they may have both football and soccer lines painted prior to the weekend just in case. I hope I'm wrong. 

On 1/28/2020 at 3:12 PM, GDAWG said:

Not surprisingly, DC United Fans are angry.

The XFL is dumb, but I have no sympathy. I saw this in Toronto when the Argos moved out of the Rogers Centre and into BMO Field. Toronto FC fans had a fit, as if it was a crime the soccer team and the football team of the same city would share the same field.

"Oh no, it might possibly potentially make our pitch not pristine...sometimes."

Get over it.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, IceCap said:

The XFL is dumb, but I have no sympathy. I saw this in Toronto when the Argos moved out of the Rogers Centre and into BMO Field. Toronto FC fans had a fit, as if it was a crime the soccer team and the football team of the same city would share the same field.

Get over it.

I was one of those guys. 

I was so scared the cleats used in football would destroy the grass.

Admittedly, outside of some complaints during MLS Cup in 2016 (which was played within days of the Grey Cup), I haven't really heard any lingering stories about players complaining about the field quality.

BMO has some of the best equipment in the world to manage the condition of the field and it has been a non-issue.

I'm not sure if Audi Field has the same capabilities but I can't imagine that a brand new stadium (and one that the club has trying to get built for so long) would not be properly prepared. 

• Like 2

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

5 hours ago, IceCap said:

Get over it.

It's the elitist mentality that a lot of MLS fans have.  They don't want their precious soccer stadiums ruined by a barbaric sport such as football...or by any sport for that matter, including rugby and lacrosse.  They just want the soccer stadiums to host soccer only and nothing else.  No football, lacrosse, rugby or even concerts, just soccer.  The teams on the other hand want to make money and if that means leasing their stadiums to host football, rugby or lacrosse as well as concerts, then so be it. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Jer15 said:

I was one of those guys. 

I was so scared the cleats used in football would destroy the grass.

Admittedly, outside of some complaints during MLS Cup in 2016 (which was played within days of the Grey Cup), I haven't really heard any lingering stories about players complaining about the field quality.

BMO has some of the best equipment in the world to manage the condition of the field and it has been a non-issue.

I'm not sure if Audi Field has the same capabilities but I can't imagine that a brand new stadium (and one that the club has trying to get built for so long) would not be properly prepared. 

The pitch at Audi Field was noticeably worse after the Premier Lacrosse League came to DC. Granted, a heavy rainstorm hit the area at the same time. The grass had to be replaced before the season ended.

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I have no sympathy for soccer fans that think any sport being played on their pitch other than soccer will somehow destroy their field. I know football tears up fields down the middle but when you complain about every little thing even lacrosse that doesn’t tear up a field anymore than soccer, I say go shove it and play and if a field gets too tore up then replace it. I’m sure they can pay to replace it even if Vince doesn’t want to foot the bill (from looking at Houston he’s more than willing)

• Like 4

As I admitted, I was one of those people and I was wrong. BMO has proven that a field can (and has) been well maintained with the right equipment. 

The "just replace it" argument doesn't quiet work though.  You can't just replace it overnight. It takes a few days, after laying the sod, for the grass' roots to grow and properly be rooted in the ground. Otherwise it just gets torn up easily. The turn around time just doesn't always work. 

Another point everyone seems to be forgetting is that it's important that the soccer field is in good shape because any deformations/imperfections will make the ball bounce or roll incorrectly where as with rugby, lacrosse and, football the ball is carried in hands/sticks or thrown. A few imperfections is not as damaging to the game.

Not trying to get in a fight about it because, as I said, with the right equipment in place a stadium can manage it.

That said it's not people just being winy bitches. (Yes, there are some people who are like that but as the saying goes "there's always one".) The majority of real fans aren't just yelling ":censored: every other sport only soccer!" they have a reason behind their concern.

One more time, for the sake of clarification and to avoid having a bunch of "you're wrong! suck it up!" responses; I now stand on the side of the fence of "give the stadium a chance first" and I think that's what people should do but just saying people are entitled or "winy bitches" is dismissive and unfair. 

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Because high school teams have such a hard time playing on football fields/unmaintained fields due to lack of resources. It really is fans being whiny thinking that a ball won’t roll the same on a still flat pitch. Now if you want to say the footing won’t be a good sure but a ball is going to roll the same way regardless, it gets affected more by the wind than it does by the pitch.

On 2/1/2020 at 1:19 AM, GDAWG said:

Team 9 announced, with jerseys behind coach Bart Andrus:

https://www.xfl.com/teams/team9/team-9-articles/team-9-dallas

I'm really going to date myself, but if they're only going to be called Team 9, the look should be modeled after this guy.*

* -- Racer X for you young'uns.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Nothing tops my high school, whose football coach used to complain about the marching band using the field prior to the football team. The. Band. Pretty sure band shoes are flat as a pancake on the bottom.

• Like 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

On 2/3/2020 at 9:50 PM, TenaciousG said:

Nothing tops my high school, whose football coach used to complain about the marching band using the field prior to the football team. The. Band. Pretty sure band shoes are flat as a pancake on the bottom.

I know that guy. A tuba player stole his girl in high school. You don't move on from that. It sticks with you. 

• Like 1