XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Thank god we're going to get actual field designs for the teams this time around. The original XFL had generic end zones for every single team and it sucked.

att-park-xfl-2001

And if I recall correctly this stadium the teams had to share the sidelines. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kmccarthy27 said:

And if I recall correctly this stadium the teams had to share the sidelines. 

Correct, San Francisco shared a sideline at that time, but I think ion recent years when the Redbox Bowl and Cal Football played there they figured out a way for two sidelines to work.

• Like 1

XFL is a bad name. Considering the X doesn’t stand for anything since legally they cannot use the name Extreme. Not that that would make sense anyway since extreme doesn’t begin with an x. Its a league without a real name, it’s also attached to a history of failure and embarrassment. Having said that I hope they do well, I just think they would have been better off with a different name, or an actual name.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, daniel75 said:

XFL is a bad name. Considering the X doesn’t stand for anything since legally they cannot use the name Extreme. Not that that would make sense anyway since extreme doesn’t begin with an x. Its a league without a real name, it’s also attached to a history of failure and embarrassment. Having said that I hope they do well, I just think they would have been better off with a different name, or an actual name.

If the ECHL can not mean anything for all this time the XFL is fine. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daniel75 said:

Just awful, ads need to stay off of uniforms. They look terrible.

I get it. From a purist’s standpoint, this is a logical take. But most uniform purists don’t have any skin in the game. And we’re also the types to collectively mock these spring football leagues that fail after a season or two. 

If convincing Bud Light to fork over thousands of dollars to stick a small logo on the back of a helmet helps keep XFL around a bit longer, I’ll deal with it.

Looks won’t matter to a dead league.

• Like 6

XFL 2020: Every Team, Their Logos and Uniforms

February 7, 2020 - 19:09 PM

Yes, the XFL is back this weekend! The inaugural games of the (second) inaugural season of the league will be played on Saturday with the Seattle Dragons visiting the DC Defenders at 2 pm ET followed by the LA Wildcats […]

Read More...

The Guardians have the best look in the league and it's not even close.   There's a lot of generic, create-a-team crap happening in this league that feels extremely hollow.  It's too bad, but maybe daylight and game reps will help salvage some dignity.

• Like 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I would say that most of the looks are between passable and quite good.  I would argue that if they quickly give up the unitard (all white or all dark) uniform schemes and match the white pants with dark jerseys and vice versa, this would be a very solid-looking league.  I like the Guardians in general, but I find the half-arsed shoulder stripes annoying.  Dallas looks pretty solid, Seattle has potential.  DC is pretty basic, but not in a bad way. Not a fan of Tampa. 

• Like 1