XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

1 hour ago, daniel75 said:

I’m not sure there’s any really bad uni’s in the entire league.

LA and Tampa Bay, maybe the two best names, but their uniforms are god awful tbh. Tampa should drop that disgusting shade of bright green, and LA should drop black.

Outside of those, DC disappointed me a bit, I would hope the all red look would maybe look better in light, it didn’t. It’s still a nice kit, just either get a white helmet or white shorts. Seattle on the other hand looked much better than I would’ve imagined, they look great! Houston exceeded my expectations as well. Los Angeles however, well I already said, they look pretty rough.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I still think they are a bit over-reliant on templates, with too many teams having matching sleeves & side panels.  It does not make sense for Seattle to have side panels on the jersey and then tapered stripes on the pants that don't continue the stripe.  Houston works because the stripes continue on the pants.  I still think small tweaks could greatly improve all looks.  Of the teams we have seen so far:

1. Seattle:  Drop the side stripe and just go with sleeves in green. 

2. DC: Wear the white pants with red jersey and vice versa.

3. LA: ditch the side stripes and the black from the pants.

4. Houston: either get a more metallic pant or tone down the metallic on the helmet.  The combo does not work together. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:

Was thinking about this last night. Let’s say next season they sign Nike, UA, Adidas or NB for uniforms, now much do they allow them to change what they have with the uniforms and branding. I can’t see them overhauling things after one season. 

That's not how it works.  Unless it's in the contract, it's not like those companies own the designs or individual team branding.  They do what the league tells them to, and just slap their logo on it.  The league can leverage their in-house design teams, but I'm not sure why they'd want to when they just made a sizeable investment in branding.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, WideRight said:

I still think they are a bit over-reliant on templates, with too many teams having matching sleeves & side panels.  

But how could you really expect anything different from a new league in its first year. Particularly when you consider the huge graveyard of failed spring leagues that preceded it.

Vince McMahon has more capital at the ready than the Alliance of American Football, but that doesn't mean the XFL shouldn't be prudent in managing expenses. IF this league continues beyond one season and somehow manages to grow -- which I sincerely hope it does -- then it will have a better chance at parlaying that success into a more favorable deal with an apparel brand that could cater to them with bespoke designs or at least a wider variety of templates. 

Frankly, I'm kind of impressed by how the league was able to trot out better-than-decent identity packages without Nike, Adidas, UA, Champion, Starter, New Balance or some lesser-known brand. Much better to build demand on your own terms and come to those brands with a more valuable product. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cujo said:

GettyImages-1204922173.jpg?w=620

Sans the black, LA's road unis are super creamsicley. Opportunity missed!

I always thought that that Black/Creamsicle/Red would be a good color scheme, maybe for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers if they wanted to go in a different direction.

• Like 5

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

2 hours ago, WideRight said:

1. Seattle:  Drop the side stripe and just go with sleeves in green. 

2. DC: Wear the white pants with red jersey and vice versa.

3. LA: ditch the side stripes and the black from the pants.

4. Houston: either get a more metallic pant or tone down the metallic on the helmet.  The combo does not work together. 

From what I saw on the field, I would legit flip these:

4. SEA-road: Dealt a bad hand by the original designers. Can't imagine the green-orange-navy combo working on anything.

3. DC-home: As stated previously, white pants might help. But when you're going for modern and only using red/white, there's not much you can do.

2. LA-road: Replace the black helmet for a white one and LA's roads are be best of all 16 unis in the league -- this is without even seeing 12 other combos.

1. HOU-home: The sleeve star could use an outline, but that's being picky. Solid look. Definitely a nice, modern blend of old Oliers/new Texans. Translates well on the field.

6uXNWAo.png

These are all still really bad.  New York, one of the better ones, still looks like a Create-A-Team template in Madden.  The number fonts are infuriating, as is all of the side panel bull :censored:.  

Dallas will be the tell tonight.  Their helmet is actually outstanding.  

It just kills me that these are all so similar, and not in good ways.  You can tell these all come from one designer who had a "look" they liked.  Individual design teams should've designed these for each franchise, within a set of rules, and the overseeing art director should've demanded certain teams be traditional, certain modern, certain in-between to give variety.  

Right now, this looks like Arena League on grass.

• Like 1

The Vipers are clearly the worst of the bunch. The most offensive part of it has to be the use of two shades of green. They’re just not distinct enough. 

From a distance, that thin V logo is difficult to make out. Might have been easier had they swapped greens: dark green helmet, light green logo. The better choice would’ve been to swap one of the greens for a different tertiary color..

• Like 1

Neither New York's nor Tampa's are doing much for me.  Tampa's yellow helmet elements are just stupid, and the Guardians' monochrome (like all dark monochrome football uniforms, yes every one, 100 percent, zero exceptions, period, end of story) look bad.

I'm still a big fan of Washington's, from the waist up.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Volt said:

It just kills me that these are all so similar, and not in good ways.  You can tell these all come from one designer who had a "look" they liked.  Individual design teams should've designed these for each franchise, within a set of rules, and the overseeing art director should've demanded certain teams be traditional, certain modern, certain in-between to give variety.  

Right now, this looks like Arena League on grass.

I have to pretty much agree with all of this.  It isn't just the cookie cutter feel in terms of templates (side panels, sleeve caps), but  that every team (with the possible exception of Washington) seems to have been created from an identical philosophy.  It would have been nice to see some teams designed along more traditional lines, some push the envelope, and others fall in between. It's what makes a league look like a league, and not a video game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

really like how from certain angles, the Guardians helmets look like they have just wings instead of the full gargoyle head.

I don't like that at all. The giant logo, placed too high in the helmet, makes the whole thing unrecognisable.

I'll mention again, as I did a couple of months ago, that the helmet logo should be on the side, and it should be the smaller logo that appears on the jersey's shoulder. Also, the helmet should be grey.

imagined-guardians-helmet.png

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png