The Golden One

XFL 2020 Logos, Names and Uniforms

Dallas has a great helmet, but needs to rework the color balance. I think swapping the jersey color and yokes would go a long way. 

I agree. They've also done some really cool promo stuff using old-school two-bar helmets. 

5 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I agree. They've also done some really cool promo stuff using old-school two-bar helmets. 

Didn’t the AAF do the exact same thing, they even went all the way and added fauxback designs and logos on the helmets

2 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Didn’t the AAF do the exact same thing, they even went all the way and added fauxback designs and logos on the helmets

They were all made by the same designer

One design the AAF did with their helmets that really irked me was the logo on one side and jersey number on the other. At least that didnt happen with the XFL!

11 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

That was the same designer. But he was only doing it as a fan. The XFL hired him to do these. 

8 hours ago, Tygers09 said:

One design the AAF did with their helmets that really irked me was the logo on one side and jersey number on the other. At least that didnt happen with the XFL!

The XFL was wise to stay away that stupid design trend.

Alabama has numbers on both sides of their helmets, I know it's tradition. But it's better than just one side!

3 hours ago, Tygers09 said:

Alabama has numbers on both sides of their helmets, I know it's tradition. But it's better than just one side!

That's a good college design. AAF teams taking the Boise State helmet idea didn't work. Heck, Atlanta swapped to a more traditional helmet after one game and I hoped the rest would have followed. 

On 2/11/2020 at 1:41 AM, rainmaker17 said:

Dallas has a great helmet, but needs to rework the color balance. I think swapping the jersey color and yokes would go a long way. 

blue pants would look better.

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

That's a good college design. AAF teams taking the Boise State helmet idea didn't work. Heck, Atlanta swapped to a more traditional helmet after one game and I hoped the rest would have followed. 

blue pants would look better.

We never actually used that format. The plan was to always have the crown on both sides. It was just a matter of the marketing department mixing up our intentions. 

25 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

We never actually used that format. The plan was to always have the crown on both sides. It was just a matter of the marketing department mixing up our intentions. 

Too bad everyone else didn't do that. 

I have a theory about the LA Wildcats. Why is their look so "fiery" and why is their name so bland (especially for a city like LA)? My thought is, early on in their design they were called the Wildfires, until they realized the sensitivities a little late and made an easy fix. 

Complete speculation though

Have we really gone this far without realizing Defenders and Guardians are pretty much the same thing? Not saying I hate the names. I love them, but for a community like us I figured it would’ve been pointed out a hell of a lot sooner.

25 minutes ago, Maroon said:

New BattleHawks secondary logo announced:

Nice. A clever nod to Air Force chevrons

2 hours ago, walkerws said:

Nice. A clever nod to Air Force chevrons

The use of the Arch in that secondary is brilliant. I love it.