XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

35 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

Use white instead of grey and I think that would look great on a helmet

I mean, it definitely could look nice on the helmet, but why would they do that and abandon the best helmet in the league?

gSKKl7N.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jn8 said:

I mean, it definitely could look nice on the helmet, but why would they do that and abandon the best helmet in the league?

gSKKl7N.jpg

With all respect to those who love it i just think its very busy. I think its cool what they were trying to do but from certain angles its a lot

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

With all respect to those who love it i just think its very busy. I think its cool what they were trying to do but from certain angles its a lot

If it has a flaw, it's in trying to execute the entirety of the primary logo onto the helmet. The sword that runs between the wings could easily be omitted from the helmet. But the more I look at it, the less it bothers me. 

• Like 1

St. Louis is doing so much right aesthetically.

The only thing that could improve their uniforms would be to be the only XFL team to use the standard varsity font.  Their numbers are too thin; and the standard varsity font would be bold enough to complement the team's gorgeous helmet.  Compare the Colts' numbers.

Image result for st. louis battlehawks jordan ta'amu     Image result for indianapolis colts donte moncrief

• Like 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

2 hours ago, jn8 said:

gSKKl7N.jpg

St. Louis is the team that surprised me the most, I wasn’t completely sold on their look till I saw how gorgeous their blue was in game, the grey pants, even though they aren’t what their supposed to wear, look great as well.

• Like 1

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

2 hours ago, rjrrzube said:

AND the fleur-de-lis too ... 

This is the only part that feels kinda forced. I wasn’t sure what it was at first, so maybe it was just my ignorance that made me think it felt tacked on. I love the idea of adding a Fleur, but it seems a bit off.

I don't mind the Wildcats colors, the uniforms could be upgraded. But something about the LA logo on the helmet really bothers me. For some strange reason,  it's trying to be like many of the New York teams that have the NY, but looks like it belongs on a baseball cap. Does anyone agree with me?

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 8:52 PM, DNAsports said:

Have we really gone this far without realizing Defenders and Guardians are pretty much the same thing? Not saying I hate the names. I love them, but for a community like us I figured it would’ve been pointed out a hell of a lot sooner.

Yeah, I didn't really notice that until a couple of days ago. The XFL should have probably just gone ahead and named NY the Gargoyles. Although some people might have complained about the league having 2 teams named after mythical creatures *shrug*

With that said, I think most people would be okay with it if the Guardians were simply renamed the Gargoyles down the line.

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

3 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Yeah, I didn't really notice that until a couple of days ago. The XFL should have probably just gone ahead and named NY the Gargoyles. Although some people might have complained about the league having 2 teams named after mythical creatures *shrug*

With that said, I think most people would be okay with it if the Guardians were simply renamed the Gargoyles down the line.

The XFL would probably say "well, the NFL has five teams named after birds, four named after giant cats, and two after horses"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

The XFL should have probably just gone ahead and named NY the Gargoyles. Although some people might have complained about the league having 2 teams named after mythical creatures *shrug*

I thought they should have gone with the Gargoyles nickname. But I sure wouldn't want them to change the name now.

Anyway, I will mention again something which I have said before, but which is even more obvious with the Guardians' use of the grey jerseys today:

The Guardians' helmet logo should be the one that is on their shoulder. And the helmet should be grey.

imagined-guardians-helmet.png

That oversized logo does not work. It really doesn't look like anything.

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

The XFL would probably say "well, the NFL has five teams named after birds, four named after giant cats, and two after horses"

The NFL also has thirty-two teams.

The eight team XFL having "Guardians" and "Defenders" isn't as bad as the nine team CFL having the "Roughriders" and "Rough Riders," but it's close :P

• Like 1

Think I'm on board the "Seattle Dragons Should Have Gone With Green Home Uniforms" train now. Their helmets look out of place with those navy blue uniforms. I don't think even going white/blue/white would help much.

• Like 4

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The Guardians' helmet logo should be the one that is on their shoulder. And the helmet should be grey.

I disagree. I love the way the Guardians' logo looks on the black shells, and the angle they have it at looks really dynamic.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, IceCap said:
1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I disagree. I love the way the Guardians' logo looks on the black shells, and the angle they have it at looks really dynamic.

That's what they were shooting for. But the oversized logo winds up looking like a disjointed jumble of  shapes; the excessive size robs a good design of its cohesion. This is unfortunate, because the logo as it appears on the sleeves (and on the cap that I just bought) is powerful.