XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

20 minutes ago, schlim said:

I missed something there. I mean Disney started his career in KC, but is there another connection? Hallmark just laid off another couple thousand people here, so I guess they won't bring an XFL team here either.

Edit:

He's from Missouri? Like St Louis is also in Missouri?

Guardians of the Galaxy. Main character is from a farm near Kansas City. Personally, as someone from there? I'd probably call them the Kansas City Viceroys to keep the city-wide theme of teams being named after rulers.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

As great as the BattleHawks look, I wish they’d find a use for their fantastic secondary logo. It would work great on the collar, like the Guardians and Vipers do with their secondaries.

Put it on the sleeves? Would be an improvement of the two tone sleeve caps they have now

• Like 2

Hotter Than July > Thriller

4 hours ago, Tygers09 said:

It doesnt matter if its an alternate uniform, orange and green trim or they have a white helmet. I'm just stating they're similiar and finally I dont care if they are, READ my last sentence in my last post!!

So it doesn’t matter what anyone else says about how they don’t look alike, theY have blue and orange and a pointy stripe so they remind me of another team that uses blue and orange and a totally different pointy stripe while having no green, and a different colored helmet. You might want to calm yourself down a bit man this isn’t the first tread you’ve been like this.

• Like 2

Wildcats remind me a lot of the old AFL New York Dragons in their home uniforms. Having a number 8 under center probably enhances the similarity.

• Like 3
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

41 minutes ago, BigEd76 said:

ERfi-nMWAAEhY_O?format=jpg&name=small
ERftCPGW4Ac8_ER?format=jpg&name=small

Really seeing the blue now. I thought it was purple for the longest time. Mostly in their logo.

32 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Wildcats remind me a lot of the old AFL New York Dragons in their home uniforms. Having a number 8 under center probably enhances the similarity.

That’s what it is! I knew they reminded me of something. Garcia used to be the man for the Dragons. I miss AFL 1.0 so much.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tygers09 said:

It doesnt matter if its an alternate uniform, orange and green trim or they have a white helmet. I'm just stating they're similiar and finally I dont care if they are, READ my last sentence in my last post!!

So, if I’m hearing this right, it:

1) doesn’t matter if one team wears the uniforms you’re comparing as the primary and the other as an alternate 

2) the color scheme doesn’t matter

3) and the coloring of one of the most noticeable pieces of the uniform doesn’t matter

Yet you consider them to be similar? I’m truly confused as to what you’re getting at, as I don’t see the similarities in the slightest

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JLJ said:

Really seeing the blue now. I thought it was purple for the longest time. Mostly in their logo.

That’s what it is! I knew they reminded me of something. Garcia used to be the man for the Dragons. I miss AFL 1.0 so much.

If they had orange helmets they'd be knockoffs. 

20 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Guardians of the Galaxy. Main character is from a farm near Kansas City. Personally, as someone from there? I'd probably call them the Kansas City Viceroys to keep the city-wide theme of teams being named after rulers.

Other potential "rulers" nicknames that could be used:

KC Sovereign

KC Emperors

KC Majesty

KC Conquerors / Conquest (not really a "ruler" but could use a monarch of some sort in imagery)

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

11 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

I know it's not part of their official uniform, but I'd kinda like to see the Guardians wear red socks with the Blk/Gry/Blk combo

They'd stand out like a sore thumb. Sorry, but this wouldn't look very good at all.  The Black pants didn't even look good with the Grey tops and they wouldn't even with Grey socks due to the pant stripe.  The Grey pants might look fine with the Black tops, but either way, they should always be wearing Black socks.

6 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

St. Louis needs to get rid of the all-blue look. This is the first time we're seeing this, and it really hurts the team that would otherwise be the league's best-dressed team. 

I think for home games, they need go either blue/silver/blue or blue/blue/dark blue