XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

I realise now that I posted this in the wrong thread before. So I will mention here that the Guardians alter their uniforms for players with longer names.

For most players, the name goes between the shoulder stripes. But the shoulder stripes are shortened to allow for more space for the name of a player with a long name, such as Askew-Henry.

• Like 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Ive noticed how the Battlehawks have worn different combos each game

1:BWS

2:BWB

3:BBS

4:BBB

i'm not in love with what they wore week 4 but in my mind only all black works

I would like to see:

LA on the road:BWB

LA at home:BBW

TB on the road:GWG

TB at home:GGW

NY:BBS

NY:BSB

DC at home: RRW

DC fullfilled wish week 4 with: RWR

Seattle on the road: WWB

Seattle at home: WBW

Houston at home:SRB

Houston on the road:SWS

Dallas at home:Blue Black White

Dallas on the road:Blue White Black(!!! that would be a huge improvement IMO)

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

9 hours ago, jgiff17 said:

Maybe this has already been stated but who makes the uniforms? They seem pretty decently made and don’t have any weird problems like adidas and UA with stripes or logos being displayed differently with each player

Its a company called Custom Outfitters in Florida, they pretty much are an exclusive contractor to Adidas, but they got them to make them outside that Adidas deal Custom Outfitters has. 

• Like 1

My guess is that Starter was too recently burned by the AAF's collapse, and didn't want to become an "official" supplier of a league that might not make it. 

UA, Nike, and Adidas are, to be frank, too big for the XFL. I suspect that any of them would be willing to be the league's "official" supplier of the XFL paid for it, but the XFL wasn't going to be bid on like the Big Four are. 

As someone who's followed the exploits of one Vincent Kennedy McMahon? I wouldn't be shocked that he balked at the idea that he'd have to pay one of the big three uniform manufacturers for the privilege and just went "goddamn pal, we'll go without an official supplier until we're big enough that they'll want to bid on us!"

I have no proof that's what happened. It just seems like a very Vince move. 

@BringBackTheVet has a point that we should be happy about the only logos appearing on the uniforms being the league and team logos. Ideally? That should be the norm across pro sports. 

The problem is people are so conditioned to expect "official supplier" logos that the lack of them strikes them either as odd or small time (which it is, and that's sad in and of itself). The biggest debate about Nike's swoosh on NFL jerseys seems to be where they should be located (sleeves vs chest) and not whether they should be there at all. 

I kind of like how the XFL unis look sans-supplier mark. Everything looks cleaner, even on the jerseys that aren't good on their own. 

I'm not naive though. Someone will pay to get their manufacturer mark on the uniforms eventually. If the league can survive, that is. 

• Like 4

Frankly, anyone that thinks that uniforms need some ad or supplier mark, and look better with than without, should resign from the forum.  There's opinions and then there's just craziness.

• Like 12

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If you did a shot for every time GDAWG mentioned Vince McMahon in a post, you'd be dead 10x over.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 3/6/2020 at 4:42 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

Frankly, anyone that thinks that uniforms need some ad or supplier mark, and look better with than without, should resign from the forum.  There's opinions and then there's just craziness.

Well, the league now thinks so.  I guess Vince's money ain't enough.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/06/xfl-may-add-jersey-patches-with-sponsor-logos/

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

2 hours ago, DouglasQuaid said:

Roughnecks look to be wearing their navy road pants with their home uniform.

And it looks awful. The helmet should never be the lightest colored element when wearing different colored helmet/jersey/pants

• Like 2

13 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Sideline reporter for today's Dallas vs. New York Game, Saints All Pro DE Cameron Jordan looks quite dapper in a suit.  

I love that they are using the XFL games to scout active players that may have potential for broadcasting. I don’t know how they test them otherwise. 

• Like 1