XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

The Twitterverse seems to hate both the names and logos.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

9 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

All of these teams have great logos. I’m loving the Dragons name and colors for Seattle, as well as the Oilers callback with the Roughnecks name for Houston. Los Angeles’ name is meh (and the monogram is lacking in anything referring to a Wildcat), but that’s an awesome monogram. 

What’s worse is that they could’ve just called the Houston team the Wildcatters and kept the same oil industry logo/motif and then come up with a non-generic Be for LA.

8 minutes ago, Gary. said:

Now here’s the question, are these the logos that will be on the helmets? Are we going to get secondary logos?

I was wondering the same thing. I think some solid secondaries could really round out a good set of logos. Monograms for teams like NY and St Louis, more detailed logos for Tampa Bay and Los Angeles. 

I just wish Houston had columbia blue instead of Dallas. I guess they couldn't go that far.

Also everyone (including me) thought for sure it was the New York Gargoyles, but New York Guardians with a gargoyle logo is a lot better.

And best of all, all plural names!

• Like 2

I really like New York's logo.  It won't take the XFL top spot in my heart over the Las Vegas Outlaws but it's pretty solid. I also really like Dallas as well.  Yes it's a masked cowboy look but it works here.

Seattle definitely looks like UAB which bothers me.  Should definitely not try to even emulate an already-established brand.

But overall? Pretty damn solid.  Hopefully the uniforms won't be a hot mess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pharos04 said:

I really like New York's logo.  It won't take the XFL top spot in my heart over the Las Vegas Outlaws but it's pretty solid. I also really like Dallas as well.  Yes it's a masked cowboy look but it works here.

Seattle definitely looks like UAB which bothers me.  Should definitely not try to even emulate an already-established brand.

But overall? Pretty damn solid.  Hopefully the uniforms won't be a hot mess.

Have they signed a deal with a company yet for uniforms?

• Like 1

I like the Guardians logo and the the D.C. shield logo. The rest are not that impressive.

I think they have more character than the AAF logos, but very underwhelming.

The Dragons, Roughnecks, Renegades  logos are "been there done that"

The LA Wildcats? Come on...it looks to close to LAFC..wow.

The Vipers is ok.. BattleHawks....they tried too hard on that..

Seattle Sockeyes 

Los Angeles Cougars

Houston Roughnecks

Dallas Stallions

New York Guardians

D.C. Defenders 

Tampa Bay Breakers

St. Louis Spirits

35 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

AUsiJcm.png

As a Houston sports fan and resident, this is okay, might invoke some nostalgia in older folks, but it just feels really generic. And i feel like some of the really thin lines/strokes are unnecessary. Also, using 'luv ya' blue and red but NOT giving it to the Houston team is a major headscratcher, esp when they chose to go with the colors of the already established NFL team. 

Personally I thought the AAF logos were better executed. 

• Like 2