XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

On 3/7/2020 at 12:38 PM, DouglasQuaid said:

Roughnecks look to be wearing their navy road pants with their home uniform.

Pants aside, I'd hate the Roughnecks look far less if they removed that gigantic star from the shoulders. It's unnecessary, overly simple and, yet, somehow garish. And while they're doing that, they can also remove the star from the logo. I see no visual benefit to having an oil derrick topped by a star. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

Pants aside, I'd hate the Roughnecks look far less if they removed that gigantic star from the shoulders. It's unnecessary, overly simple and, yet, somehow garish. And while they're doing that, they can also remove the star from the logo. I see no visual benefit to having an oil derrick topped by a star. 

How else would you know they're from Texas?  🙃

• Like 5

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

18 hours ago, WideRight said:

LA is still a total disaster.   

LA needs light orange pants(facemask color?) at home, black pants on the road

problem solved!

I still want to see DC with white pants at home

Honestly, the 'Necks need to stick to silver pants at home. As the game went on i was digging the blue less and less. too dark when your helmet is the lightest color(credit goes to fellow board member jn8 who mentioned this flaw first before me!)

That kind of look only worked for the USFL Breakers

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

On 3/9/2020 at 9:26 AM, gosioux76 said:

Umm...Texas? The Lone Star State? 

Btw, I received this yesterday from https://www.gridironfootballhelmets.com/xfl.html

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3

On 3/9/2020 at 7:26 AM, gosioux76 said:

You obviously aren't a Texan. 

Dallas Cowboys - Star

Dallas Stars - yeah you get this one

Texas Rangers - yep a star (on and off as a primary in logo)

Houston Astros - Star

Texas is the Lone Star State... it gets tied into Everything... EVERYTHING. 

Hence the Star.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, FFWally said:

Dallas Cowboys - Star

Houston Astros - Star

Hence the Star.

Houston Texans - Star

spacer.png

• Like 5

spacer.png

1 hour ago, FFWally said:

Dallas Cowboys - Star

Houston Astros - Star

Hence the Star.

You guys, this isn't that hard. I wasn't questioning the relevancy of a star for the Houston franchise. I get why they would have a star. It's Texas. You're big on stars. 

I was questioning the necessity of it.  There's already too much going on with that uniform and logo. The star is extraneous. Not every Texas team needs to shoehorn a star into their look.

On 3/9/2020 at 10:26 AM, gosioux76 said:

It helps keep the logo legally distinct from the old Houston/Tennessee Oilers logo. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

You don't think the big, giant H on the front is distinct enough?

Honestly it's a complete play on the original Oilers logo, which is why I love it; and I was not an Oilers fan... but the silver helmet, if only they had gone powder blue! 

What blows my mind is how thought out the Oilers, er, Roughnecks logo is, while the Vipers have a generic logo with little stroke weight that could have made it an interesting logo. 

As for the Star, its inherent to Texas, and its distinct enough to keep them out of hot water. 

1 hour ago, FFWally said:

Honestly it's a complete play on the original Oilers logo, which is why I love it; and I was not an Oilers fan... but the silver helmet, if only they had gone powder blue! 

What blows my mind is how thought out the Oilers, er, Roughnecks logo is, while the Vipers have a generic logo with little stroke weight that could have made it an interesting logo. 

As for the Star, its inherent to Texas, and its distinct enough to keep them out of hot water. 

It's also a nice callback to this look:

spacer.png

• Like 3

16 hours ago, IceCap said:

I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know. 

Better to be safe than sorry I guess. 

14 hours ago, rjrrzube said:

It's also a nice callback to this look:

spacer.png

I actually am a lawyer and I'm surprised the NFL hasn't raised the issue . . . particularly because the Oilers used to wear this helmet.

My guess is that the NFL doesn't want to dignify and/or call more attention to the XFL by pressing the issue. That said, any concerns to that effect didn't stop the NFL from taking action against the Baltimore CFL Colts.*

* -- The "CFL" was part of the name in an ultimately unsuccessful effort to provide a defense against likelihood of confusion claims.

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

32 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

I actually am a lawyer and I'm surprised the NFL hasn't raised the issue . . . particularly because the Oilers used to wear this helmet.

My guess is that the NFL doesn't want to dignify and/or call more attention to the XFL by pressing the issue. That said, any concerns to that effect didn't stop the NFL from taking action against the Baltimore CFL Colts.*

* -- The "CFL" was part of the name in an ultimately unsuccessful effort to provide a defense against likelihood of confusion claims.

I'd also think that if the NFL wanted to take this on, that slapping an H and star onto the logo wouldn't be enough to deter them. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 11:24 AM, FFWally said:

Dallas Cowboys - Star

Houston Astros - Star

Hence the Star.

San Antonio Spurs, yup there's a star in there too. Just not a five star this time. 

Image result for san antonio spurs logo

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png