XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

The @acdc reference might be they're back in black. Maybe a 2001 logo return from the red white and blue?

Would be cool to see an 8 team league be

New York Hitmen, DC Defenders, Orlando Rage, Seattle Dragons, San Diego Demons, St. Louis BattleHawks, San Antonio Renegades, and Houston Roughnecks. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DDR said:

Rumored new logo. 

FPnfj4wXMAAPiJI?format=jpg&name=900x900

Hyped for the new XFL body spray

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Its just the intro to the new logo set to stock footage of XFL 2.0 games
https://twitter.com/XFL2023/status/1511735486825390080?s=20&t=OiJ0JbL896FzwT-JJYBT1g

Reverse color image on the website:
spacer.png

Media Assets page: https://xfl.photoshelter.com/galleries/C0000OKu6bQBZ4OY/G0000uqVSqWlSPmM/XFL-2023-Brand-Identity

Marketing Speak for logo:

New Logo and Visual Identity
The new visual identity centers around the idea that the XFL is the intersection of opportunity and captures the essence of the league’s vision: the XFL is pushing football forward. To do that, the brand needs to be modern, dynamic and inviting.

The “X” represents those intersections, the point at which everything comes together: sports and storytelling, players and fans, partners and a passion for innovation. We elevate it to unlock the opportunities that will push football forward, so that together, we can build tomorrow’s league.

As a platform for co-creation, the XFL’s new identity seeks to elevate the stories and communities that enhance the game. Built as a platform, the league’s black-and-white color palette ensures the individual personalities of the teams are able to seamlessly coexist and stand alongside the league as partners versus separate organizations.

It's a good look, but not better than the previous logos. I'm guessing this will just go on the collar like they did in 2020, so there won't be a big issue there. I'd just prefer they encapsulate that within a shape and place it on the collar, but if they are going with Under Armour, as rumored, this on my side and the UA logo on the other with the secondary logo in the middle still looks decent. I think we may see ads as well, but hopefully that doesn't occur. 

Under Armour - Wikipedia

NtkO4h8.png

I can kind of see a relationship to the letters here. obviously they aren't in the same group, but it does have a similar feeling. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

34 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:

Marketing Speak for logo:

The “X” represents those intersections, the point at which everything comes together: sports and storytelling, players and fans, partners and a passion for innovation.

Except the "X" doesn't, you know, intersect.

• Like 9

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

8 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Just get rid of the damn wildcats. This ain't high school.

I'll take this logo over a wannabe USFL logo.

They'll most likely be on the move so I'd expect at least a new helmet logo.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

59 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Just get rid of the damn wildcats. This ain't high school.

To this day (taking the colors into consideration), I still think the LA team was going to be called the LA Wildfire.  The year prior to the team names being announced had some major damage caused by wildfires, so I suspect a name change happened last minute.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

To this day (taking the colors into consideration), I still think the LA team was going to be called the LA Wildfire.  The year prior to the team names being announced had some major damage caused by wildfires, so I suspect a name change happened last minute.

It was also rumored they swapped Houston and Dallas' names too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:

It was also rumored they swapped Houston and Dallas' names too.

I could have seen this. The Renegades light blue color would have gone over very well in Houston (luv ya blue and all that).

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's a good look, but not better than the previous logos. I'm guessing this will just go on the collar like they did in 2020, so there won't be a big issue there. I'd just prefer they encapsulate that within a shape and place it on the collar, but if they are going with Under Armour, as rumored, this on my side and the UA logo on the other with the secondary logo in the middle still looks decent. I think we may see ads as well, but hopefully that doesn't occur. 

Under Armour - Wikipedia

NtkO4h8.png

I can kind of see a relationship to the letters here. obviously they aren't in the same group, but it does have a similar feeling. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Under Armour ends up being the supplier, seeing as The Rock has a personal brand with them. I'm not expecting anything other than recolored catalogue designs though.

I am iffy on the new logo. I like the direction, but it's very simple, and I don't know if that really makes it better. I would have loved to see another color too. Red, volt, or blue would have worked well IMO.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

I don't know if the style guide allows for abbreviated versions of the logo, but they could go with just the "X" under the collar.

At the end of the day, the league branding isn't that critical to its initial success or failure, so the fact that it looks like the logo for software that used to be sold at Babbages shouldn't be a big deal.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

I don't know if the style guide allows for abbreviated versions of the logo, but they could go with just the "X" under the collar.

At the end of the day, the league branding isn't that critical to its initial success or failure, so the fact that it looks like the logo for software that used to be sold at Babbages shouldn't be a big deal.

I think they'll be going with the 2020 look, with the league logo on the right chest and the manufacturer logo on the left chest. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png