Jump to content

XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms


The Golden One
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, McCall said:

Doubtful. Seattle still appears to be the Dragons, Orlando the Vipers and some are very generic or just lend to being new, like Las Vegas "There's a brand new game in town".

 

It's possible. The taglines just seem a bit forced, like they are a single breadcrumb clue. Why would a team about Dragons be talking about anchors? Or the Vipers talking about Magic? I guess we wait and see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, harney said:

 

It's possible. The taglines just seem a bit forced, like they are a single breadcrumb clue. Why would a team about Dragons be talking about anchors? Or the Vipers talking about Magic? I guess we wait and see.

Seattle is on the sea, anchors correlate the sea and therefore to the city, not necessarily the nickname. Orlando has Disney World. Again, the city itself, probably not the name.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not sure we can presume that they intend to recycle the XFL 2.0 names. I can see keeping BattleHawks, because of the way it resonated with its fanbase. But why wouldn't the new owners want to put their own stamp on the branding? I could easily see them looking at some of the previous league's looks and thinking they could upgrade them. 

 

I also wouldn't assume this shift from Tampa to Orlando is all about Tampa's tepid fan reaction. Disney is a partner in this league, so I wouldn't be surprised if the reference to "Magic" in that tagline isn't a hint toward a new brand. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm not sure we can presume that they intend to recycle the XFL 2.0 names. I can see keeping BattleHawks, because of the way it resonated with its fanbase. But why wouldn't the new owners want to put their own stamp on the branding? I could easily see them looking at some of the previous league's looks and thinking they could upgrade them. 

 

I also wouldn't assume this shift from Tampa to Orlando is all about Tampa's tepid fan reaction. Disney is a partner in this league, so I wouldn't be surprised if the reference to "Magic" in that tagline isn't a hint toward a new brand. 

 

The moving of the Vipers to Orlando was mentioned in May 2020 before the bankruptcy and subsequent auctioning of the league, which I believe was before any Disney involvement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, harney said:

"Anchored in greatness".

"We are the law around here".

"Football and Florida. It's a magical combo".

"One giant leap for H-Town".

"Football just got even bigger in Texas".

 

I'm betting that these quotes are hinting at the team nicknames.

@LAWeaverHouston Orbiters? Hahahahahaha!!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, McCall said:

The moving of the Vipers to Orlando was mentioned in May 2020 before the bankruptcy and subsequent auctioning of the league, which I believe was before any Disney involvement.

The team is moving there, sure. But has the league said anything specifically about the name moving, too? 

 

Again, I'm not suggesting it won't either. But to my knowledge, they've said nothing publicly to suggest they would re-apply the XFL 2.0 names. So it seems presumptuous to assume that this would be the case. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wonder if the Arlington team will have a "Texas" moniker instead of "Dallas". During the Q&A they always used the Arlington XFL team phrase and the slogan is "Football just got bigger in Texas".

 

Texas Renegades or whatever?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Cujo said:

Houston's not getting this identity back, are they? -- By far they best uni of XFL 2.0

 

02_HOU_hitgoq.jpg

Maybe the uniform design but not the logos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:

I am curious if they will even get team names and identities this season other than being Washington XFL team in Red, and San Antonio XFL team in Yellow/Gold. You can see here each team is color coded:

https://www.xfl.com/teams

I can't see them taking the route of "City Football Team" instead of using nicknames for each team. Each team will have some set of logos and a distinct color, so having a generic name is not the best way to go. Better they all have plain names like Tigers, Wildcats and Bears than just San Antonio American Football Club. Which is what they'd have to be called to not be sued by San Antonio Football/Futbol/Fussball Club. Arlinton won't even be called Arlington, they'll still be the Dallas Renegades again, if the XFL does the right thing and brings that name back. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.