XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

On 9/16/2022 at 11:14 AM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

It's the same reason that the new USFL used the established USFL team names, even after the league decided not to refer to the histories associated with those names. The recognition and the goodwill associated with those USFL names was enough reason for the USFL to use them

Similarly,  every team in the upper Pacific of the MLS (now) uses the old NASL name -Vancouver Whitecaps,  Seattle Sounders, Portland Timbers, and San Jose Earthquakes because those teams were so fondly remembered and soccer fans wanted those names back. 

If Tampa Bay could ever get back in  to the MLS (unlikely with Orlando in there now) they would no doubt want to go with the NASL Rowdies name,  which is still in use for their USL team.

(Tampa Bay Mutiny, like many of the original MLS names was STUPID and the logo used  for the name was even worse... by my count only HALF of the original 10 MLS team names remain). 

• Like 3

It is what it is.

5 minutes ago, B-Rich said:

Similarly,  every team in the upper Pacific of the MLS (now) uses the old NASL name -Vancouver Whitecaps,  Seattle Sounders, Portland Timbers, and San Jose Earthquakes because those teams were so fondly remembered and soccer fans wanted those names back. 

If Tampa Bay could ever get back in  to the MLS (unlikely with Orlando in there now) they would no doubt want to go with the NASL Rowdies name,  which is still in use for their USL team.

(Tampa Bay Mutiny, like many of the original MLS names was STUPID and the logo used  for the name was even worse... by my count only HALF of the original 10 MLS team names remain). 

So is this where we petition for KC to bring back the Wizards name??? 😃

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

26 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

I would think Guardians would be off the table now that the Cleveland baseball team is using it.

A nickname's use in one league would not preclude it being used in another.  The NAL has a team called the Lions; and the IFL has a team called the Panthers and another called the Pirates.  The AIF once had a team called the Raiders.

I am always defending franchise continuity, so in that respect it's nice that the identities of the Guardians, Renegades, and Vipers will survive those teams' moves.  But I had kind of hoped that the Guardians' identity would be retired so that it would be solely a New York thing.  I would hate to think that anyone seeing me wearing my New York Guardians hat would think of it as an Orlando hat.  (Side note: this is the second New York team that has moved to Orlando.  The first one was the NLL's New York Titans.)

An official with the Washington team has already said that it won't have the name DC Defenders.  That is very unfortunate.    Equally unfortunate the nonsensical addition of "Sea" to the name of the former Seattle Dragons.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

3 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Potentially leaked team names:

https://xflnewsroom.com/news/some-xfl-team-names-potentially-leak-prior-to-announcement/

I dunno. Orlando Guardians? Why?

54 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

I would think Guardians would be off the table now that the Cleveland baseball team is using it.

XFL already had rights to both the Guardians from 2020, before Cleveland even started mentioning a change. Probably just recycling something they had easy rights for. Kinda disappointing across the board, but let's see what changes they may make. Might have been a decoy, but I doubt it. Saving money by using previous rights/names isn't a new concept (i.e. new USFL). Glad Wildcats was dropped too, was definitely the weakest/least imaginative of the bunch, and it really showed in the overall brand.

On the other hand, San Antonio Brahmas is a badass name and nice nod to Dwayne Johnson. Really excited to see what that will look like. Should lend itself very well to a Texas team too, although there is a current hockey team in the state that goes by the name of Lone Star Brahmas.

Lone Star Brahmas.svg

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

11 minutes ago, tigers said:

That would make sense if there was five more teams in Texas of the south.

The plan is for the players and coaches to all live in the DFW area and practice at Choctaw Stadium and they fly out for the games.  

That area of Arlington is interesting.  Choctaw Stadium is the former Ballpark in Arlington/Globe Life Park, where the Texas Rangers played from 1994-2019.  Instead of tearing it down, the City of Arlington and the Texas Rangers decided to "Turner Field" it and turn it to a football stadium.  It is the home of Arlington ISD football and soccer games, the ocassional college football game hosted by a Texas based FCS school, the XFL Renegades, North Texas SC (the developmental team of FC Dallas) and the Dallas Jackals (Major League Rugby).  It's also where the XFL is headquartered.  It also happens to be next door from Globe Life Field (the Texas Rangers new home) and across the street from AT&T Stadium.  Basically Choctaw Stadium is "if you want to play football and soccer in Arlington, Texas but the Jerry Dome is too expensive."

• Like 5

13 hours ago, tigers said:

Why still 3 teams in Texas?

Need team's around New York/ New Jersey/New Haven, San Diego or Portland.

New Haven? Where is a team gonna play in New Haven? And when has New Haven ever been thought of as a desirable pro sports market outside of Minor League Baseball? Also, NY/NJ had a team and was a low draw, like LA. They have NFL teams so they're not as inclined to go to an "Indy League" game as those markets without a team. And Texas has 3 because, it's Texas... and football.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Reduces traveling and costs

13 hours ago, tigers said:

That would make sense if there was five more teams in Texas of the south.

Since all of the teams will practice in the Dallas area then head out to games it'll be pretty cheap travel since either Love Field or Dallas International have direct flights to every city in the league.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

>Arlington Renegades - nothing was wrong with using dallas, I assure you. anybody here from DFW, especially fort worth, please tell me if this actually matters to you

>Orlando Guardians - ha ha ha this sucks man

>San Antonio Brahmas - now THIS one's good. thanks dwayne.

>Seattle Sea Dragons - it's alright, imo it works better than just dragons on its own did, but I really feel like you could do something better here

>Vegas Vipers - works significantly better for a vegas team than a tampa team

53Ocz8U.png

18 hours ago, McCall said:

New Haven? Where is a team gonna play in New Haven? And when has New Haven ever been thought of as a desirable pro sports market outside of Minor League Baseball? Also, NY/NJ had a team and was a low draw, like LA. They have NFL teams so they're not as inclined to go to an "Indy League" game as those markets without a team. And Texas has 3 because, it's Texas... and football.

I never said in New Haven, if you look closely it says around.

The reason the NY/NJ team had low numbers was mainly due to the fact they tried to be greedy and include a 300 mile radius. People from Jersey City or Long Island didn't want to travel for something that wasn't theirs.

14 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Since all of the teams will practice in the Dallas area then head out to games it'll be pretty cheap travel since either Love Field or Dallas International have direct flights to every city in the league.

Still makes zero sense.

You have a league wanting to make a dent into areas that football is needed, like Birmingham or Portland yet they stick three within a few hours of each other.

Next season they'll be in their own division.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

5 hours ago, tigers said:

I never said in New Haven, if you look closely it says around.

The reason the NY/NJ team had low numbers was mainly due to the fact they tried to be greedy and include a 300 mile radius. People from Jersey City or Long Island didn't want to travel for something that wasn't theirs.

Still makes zero sense.

You have a league wanting to make a dent into areas that football is needed, like Birmingham or Portland yet they stick three within a few hours of each other.

Next season they'll be in their own division.

Portland hasn't shown it wants pro football and the USFL will still have half of their teams playing in Birmingham. The finances make placing 3 teams in Texas a better option than placing teams in Portland and Birmingham.

• Like 6

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

If these are the names, I'm utterly disappointed. 

Ultimately it will come down to the rest of the package that they put together (colors, logos & uniforms) but if you're going for a fresh start, shuffling the deck on old names ain't it.  

And of course, Dwayne couldn't resist stroking his own ego with the Brahmas name.  God, he's insufferable.