Logos that really need to be updated.

BadSeed84

On 1/26/2018 at 4:02 PM, EddieJ1984 said:

1200px-Pepsi_logo_2014.svg.png

Just go back to the old pepsi globe and all caps wordmark.

Agreed.  This look was dated the second it was unveiled and the resemblance to an obese person in a red shirt makes it look like a joke.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Part of this is ad design, but I don't think the Lyft logo is very good. I saw it on a bus ad the other day, and I don't think it reads very well at smaller sizes. Part of that problem, though, was having a big bus ad and only having a teeny logo.

199px-Lyft_logo.svg.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, Cujo said:

I know it's not going anywhere, but a makeover is 20 years overdue.

blog-1.jpg

Why?

The coloured peacock is a beautiful thing, very iconic and instantly recognizable. 

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

On 5/19/2018 at 1:01 AM, Cujo said:

I know it's not going anywhere, but a makeover is 20 years overdue.

blog-1.jpg

Really not understanding this.  It's the best of all the major network logos.  

6 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

latest?cb=20100323105304

It kind of makes me angry that this farce of a "network" is still a thing.  It never could have existed before television was deregulated.

3 hours ago, NicDB said:

It kind of makes me angry that this farce of a "network" is still a thing.  It never could have existed before television was deregulated.

I don’t really watch the channel, but I’ve of course seen it while flipping through channels. The programming seems...interesting...but aside from that, what’s so bad about it?

10 hours ago, NicDB said:

Really not understanding this.  It's the best of all the major network logos. 

I will give NBC credit for not being 100% boring (ABC, FOX), just have never loved the current peacock.

Pretty sure if NBC were a cable/premium channel, with all the constant rebranding, it'd have been modified and updated long ago.

6uXNWAo.png

On 2/9/2018 at 6:28 PM, EddieJ1984 said:

I agree on panera bread, an update would be good.

Also to prove my point Pepsi lately has been using retro packaging and even the logo's all over their social media and during the super bowl halftime show last week.

And it just looks so much better.

i0OzN93y_400x400.jpg

This is exactly what they should be using.  Just make the bottom portion of the globe the lighter blue and it's perfect.

4 hours ago, Cujo said:

I will give NBC credit for not being 100% boring (ABC, FOX), just have never loved the current peacock.

Pretty sure if NBC were a cable/premium channel, with all the constant rebranding, it'd have been modified and updated long ago.

There's still HBO, CNN and ESPN that have all remained fairly consistent since the early-mid 80s.

But I take it you prefer this peacock?

f3a0341ffb4c9cc96fd24519d878da2d.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2018 at 9:12 AM, BelfourThibault said:

I don’t really watch the channel, but I’ve of course seen it while flipping through channels. The programming seems...interesting...but aside from that, what’s so bad about it?

The big problem in my opinion with MNT is that it couldn't fill the void left by UPN when it merged into the CW with the WB. They had some original shows for at least 6-7 years, but that fell apart and now the network is no different than a local independent station, better yet, more like FX on your antenna without its own shows. There's nothing but TV reruns, the occasional movies, special episodes of Dateline, and whatever syndicated stuff your station brought to the daily schedule.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

Archived