8BW14

I think the Eagles have a great logo and I'm a big fan of their midnight green color, but I think they just have too much going on with black, charcoal gray and silver accompanying the green. In my opinion, the Eagles look best when they are wearing only green, silver and white, so this concept is more of a clean-up than a full on rebrand. I was also inspired by what the Detroit Lions did with their logo an uniforms this past season. Those are not perfect, but I really like the idea of what the Lions did.

Here's my take on the logo: nothing too exciting, the green is a touch more green and the black is gone.

6WnaEIJ.png

5oe4Wp9.png

The new wordmark is my take on a simpler, less "XTREME" version of the current wordmark and is more in line with the contemporary branding in the NFL: bold, single color lettering with some serifs and a bridge shape to give it some character.

Here are the new home and road uniforms. Less is more as the uniforms are reminiscent of the current duds but are without the needless clutter of superfluous colors and embellishment.  

KZJhirH.png

bFyUTVW.png

The Color Rush uniform is gray in the same style of the primary uniforms and the regular alternate uniform is a midnight green version of the classic throwback uniforms thanks to the one-helmet rule.

So, thats it. Thanks for taking a look and I'm definitely open to any and all C&C and feedback.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Dan O'Mac said:

I'm not a fan of the horizontal stripe on the road/color rush uni socks.

I think adding something to the socks would improve Color Rush uniforms instead of being a monochrome mess from the neck down. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

33 minutes ago, jc... said:

You need to spell Philadelphia correctly in your wordmark. 

Geez. Thanks for pointing that out. I can't believe I didn't catch that. Too much time staring at it I guess.

Fixed it, thanks

13 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

I think the Eagles have a great logo and I'm a big fan of their midnight green color, but I think they just have too much going on with black, charcoal gray and silver accompanying the green. In my opinion, the Eagles look best when they are wearing only green, silver and white, so this concept is more of a clean-up than a full on rebrand. I was also inspired by what the Detroit Lions did with their logo an uniforms this past season. Those are not perfect, but I really like the idea of what the Lions did.

Here's my take on the logo: nothing too exciting, the green is a touch more green and the black is gone.

6WnaEIJ.png

5oe4Wp9.png

The new wordmark is my take on a simpler, less "XTREME" version of the current wordmark and is more in line with the contemporary branding in the NFL: bold, single color lettering with some serifs and a bridge shape to give it some character.

Here are the new home and road uniforms. Less is more as the uniforms are reminiscent of the current duds but are without the needless clutter of superfluous colors and embellishment.  

KZJhirH.png

bFyUTVW.png

The Color Rush uniform is gray in the same style of the primary uniforms and the regular alternate uniform is a midnight green version of the classic throwback uniforms thanks to the one-helmet rule.

So, thats it. Thanks for taking a look and I'm definitely open to any and all C&C and feedback.

The silver pants and numbers is something I've been wanting for a long time.  Nice job!

1.  Wordmark works, but is in the same general style as many other NFL wordmarks - Falcons for example.  I still like it though, but I might accentuate the spikes a little more, and possibly even skew it towards the middle a little bit - kinda like today's, but your version would definitely look less cartoony.

2.  The helmet wings and logo NEED BLACK.  They were SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR BLACK, and removing black changes the entire thing.  If you want to remove the black, you need to redesign the logo and wings.  Honestly - I'd just go with solid silver wings, or remove the outline from the current wings (so they're just silver and white.  That might actually look better.

3.  Along the same lines as #2, if you do choose to go with the white-silver wings (which is what I'd like to see), you should remove any pants-colored stripe from the pants, so that on the silver pants, the stripes are simply green+white, and on the green pants, just silver+white.  It's a little less important on the green pants though.

4.  I like the idea of a midnight-green fauxback alt.  The white pants work really well with it - that being said, I could do without white pants at all, but if they are necessary, limit them to just the fauxback.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

1.  Wordmark works, but is in the same general style as many other NFL wordmarks - Falcons for example.  I still like it though, but I might accentuate the spikes a little more, and possibly even skew it towards the middle a little bit - kinda like today's, but your version would definitely look less cartoony.

2.  The helmet wings and logo NEED BLACK.  They were SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR BLACK, and removing black changes the entire thing.  If you want to remove the black, you need to redesign the logo and wings.  Honestly - I'd just go with solid silver wings, or remove the outline from the current wings (so they're just silver and white.  That might actually look better.

3.  Along the same lines as #2, if you do choose to go with the white-silver wings (which is what I'd like to see), you should remove any pants-colored stripe from the pants, so that on the silver pants, the stripes are simply green+white, and on the green pants, just silver+white.  It's a little less important on the green pants though.

4.  I like the idea of a midnight-green fauxback alt.  The white pants work really well with it - that being said, I could do without white pants at all, but if they are necessary, limit them to just the fauxback.

1) Yeah, its pretty cookie cutter as far as the styling goes, but to be honest with you, I really like the Falcons style wordmark. I like your suggestion of skewing it like the current wordmark to give it some more character. I'll try that out.

wYYrl7U.png

2) I don't quite understand this gripe. Green works the same way black does, IMO, serving as the darkest color and subtracting an unnecessary color from the color scheme. 

3) I think it's worth a shot. I'll change up the pants stripe and lose the extra outline on the helmet wings.

4) Yeah, silver/gray pants would probably be just as good with the fauxback, but the kelly green version has white pants so that's why i went wit white pants for the alt. Did the Eagles ever wear silver pants with that jersey style?

pvsTAXz.png

6Jcf4Gw.png

wYYrl7U.png

I just made a couple small changes per a suggestion from BringBackTheVet and I think they were all improvements. I simplified the wings on the helmet, changed up the pants stripe by removing the center pants-colored stripe and I added the new wordmark to the uniforms. Speaking of the new wordmark, I skewed it toward the center to be more reminiscent of the current wordmark and I made the "spikes" a little more prominent. Once again, Please feel free to offer any C&C and feedback of any kind. Thanks for having a look.

4 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

pvsTAXz.png

6Jcf4Gw.png

wYYrl7U.png

I just made a couple small changes per a suggestion from BringBackTheVet and I think they were all improvements. I simplified the wings on the helmet, changed up the pants stripe by removing the center pants-colored stripe and I added the new wordmark to the uniforms. Speaking of the new wordmark, I skewed it toward the center to be more reminiscent of the current wordmark and I made the "spikes" a little more prominent. Once again, Please feel free to offer any C&C and feedback of any kind. Thanks for having a look.

If you're going to update the Eagles, this is how you do it! Perfection!!

Great concept here! I think it definitely looks cleaner, and I think simply relying on the contrast of the grey/white against the midnight green was a strong choice. On the uniforms, I think the numbers may be a little big? not sure how it would look with larger width numbers like "88." As far as the logo, I definitely think you are on to some here! I've even spotted the Eagles using this rendered color combination on their social media videos and graphics (its at the end of the video). Great execution overall and foresight towards future design trends.

spacer.png

27 minutes ago, Red-Knight said:

Great concept here! I think it definitely looks cleaner, and I think simply relying on the contrast of the grey/white against the midnight green was a strong choice. On the uniforms, I think the numbers may be a little big? not sure how it would look with larger width numbers like "88." As far as the logo, I definitely think you are on to some here! I've even spotted the Eagles using this rendered color combination on their social media videos and graphics (its at the end of the video). Great execution overall and foresight towards future design trends.

Thanks, appreciate the compliment. A social media screen grab someone posted with the double green logo was actually part of my inspiration to start this little project. As far as the numbers go, I wanted them to be big and bold, but looking back, they might be too big. Anyway, thanks again and I'm glad you like the concept.

Speaking as a diehard Eagles fan, I love this concept. I do kind of like the black in their current uniforms, but I love this version, love the wordmark as well. I'm not a fan of color rush uniforms in general, but the all-gray is an interesting concept that actually works. Great job!

22eb89183f6e207bcbce03d4e0b1474d.jpg

Archived