8BW14

1 hour ago, dsaline97 said:

I really like this concept, it fits the brand of the Browns very well. My only criticism is that because the points of the football are rounded, that white stripe on the inside should be too. If it is and it’s so minor I couldn’t notice, then round it out some more. That being said, I think it’s too vertical to work well as a sleeve patch, not to mention it’s right next to some horizontal stripes and that conflicts. I think this is a logo that could be used like their current primary helmet mark—not used for uniforms. 

0chhzxHg.png

Rounded the point of the white stripe like you said and I do think it is an improvement. I also agree with your sentiment that it doesn't really work on the uniforms either, so I removed it from the chest.

37 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I'd switch the stripes on the brown jersey from mostly orange to mostly white. 

I tried that first off and I didn't really like it. It was too much white. I think the outer orange stripes help tie the jersey to the orange helmet and socks.

vfCiols.png

uBe7eIq.png

Thanks for all of the feedback guys, really appreciate it. 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I have been sitting on this logo for a while and had some time to bang out the uniforms this afternoon. I appreciate the Pittsburgh Steelers logo for what it is and maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think it's untouchable by any means. I don't think it reads well as small sizes or long distances, like say from the stands at a game. I got rid of the roundel ans Steelers wordmark and discovered that a P for Pittsburgh would fit right into the negative space created by the left side of the hypocycloids. The resulting logo is bolder, simpler and a more modern approach at the Steelers logo:

v4LxCeA.png  

As for the uniforms, I didn't try to reinvent the wheel here. I more or less changed out the 90's steel rims with plastic hub caps for some nice polished aluminum rims. The classic stripes are here to stay, but I did swap,out the wonkey italic futura font for a cleaner, bolder sans serif font. I know it makes me  a weirdo around here, but I prefer the Steelers in a more contemporary number font to the 70's block font. Oh and the logo is still on the right side of the helmet only, no need to change now, right.

vndwU8Z.png 

The new alternate uniform is the super cool "Batman" uniforms. I love the pointed shoulder yoke. The Color Rush uniform is essentially the same as the current, except for the new number font.

eRzTFzR.png

Well, as usual, please let me know what you all think and thanks for taking a look.

29 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Good job on the Steelers.

Pretty hard to come up with a Browns logo when they've never really had one. However, if you had to pick between the elf and the dog, which one would you choose?

1999-2002-brownsdawg.gif?w=270&h=286image_400x400.jpg

I'd go with a bulldog, I think. A very simple  logo, not snarling or angry. Maybe just a silhouette of an American bulldog. That being said, I'm not really crazy about either.

iE3THz6.png

New logo for the Vikings: I got rid of all of the black in the logo, which makes the logo feel very dated. After I ditched the black, I beefed up all of the purple lines just a little bit, not a huge update, but an update I think the logo needed nonetheless.

I also created a new secondary logo:

SDyaQeY.png

It's a stylized MV monogram with the V doubling as the horns of the Viking helmet (which I know didn't really exist, but it's cool and its what people think of when they think of vikings.)

The new uniforms are based on that really cool prototype illustration from UniWatch with awesome V stripes. They are pretty straightforward with a double stripe on the sleeves and single color numbers. The facemask is purple and the black outline is gone from the helmet horns. I also continued the V stripes on the socks. I thought it was a cool idea but I'm not sure how it would work in practice.

g3Ckqfd.png

The alternate uniform is the standard Vikings throwback because a yellow, black or gray jersey just doesn't fit the Vikings' identity. The Color Rush uniform is the same idea as the current Color Rush, but I continued the yellow/gold onto the horn to complete the white-less uniform.

jawNrok.png

Thanks for taking the time to have a look and as always, your feedback is more than welcome, especially for the new secondary logo. 

Nice Vikings Concept! But personally, I prefer the current MV logo. 

7620_minnesota_vikings-alternate-2004.pn

Can you could try interlocking the current MV, and getting rid of the outline? I wanna see how it’ll look. Maybe do one where the M is purple, the V is Yellow and vice versa, whichever looks better.

EDIT: How Funny, I just noticed that the M In the logo has the exact same V in it! If you look hard enough, you can see it! Try blocking off the 2 lines on the M to get a better visual. I guess it is kinda already interlocked! Somebody please try the above statement though.

da0Lbhs.png

Thanks for all of the positive feedback on the Vikings guys. I really appreciate.

On 3/16/2018 at 5:47 AM, C-Squared said:

The MV logo and removal of black are home runs, really nice!!

Thanks, that means a lot coming from you. I don't comment often but I always like your logos. Your female NFL and NBA mascots were lots of fun and really creative. I really appreciated those because I struggle with drawing people, especially women.

On 3/16/2018 at 9:09 AM, hecticbro said:

I like this, but I'd like it even more if you turned it 90 degrees. Then it would look like a tasty hamburger.

Yeah that's funny, I originally had it oriented horizontally but I just couldn't see past an ice cream sandwich or hamburger.

So this one is a little bit blasphemous. The design itself is pretty traditional as far as football uniforms go, but it definitely breaks from tradition for this particular team. I was originally inspired by this picture:

uMMNqXS.jpg

And the curiosity of what the 49ers would look like if blue became a complimentary color in their identity as an homage to Levi Strauss' blue jeans and the San Francisco Bay. Red is for the stereotypical bandana or red plaid shirt associated with prospectors and gold is, well, for gold.

rkuCn1g.png

The new logo is a little different than the current logo apart from the colors. The new wordmark and number font is Rockwell bold, which I think has a bit of an old west feel and compliments the logo really well. Some people don't like drop shadows but I think they have their place in sports and I think they work really well with the old west aesthetic of the 49ers.

uIgd2pM.png

I found it somewhat difficult to incorporate blue in a capacity that didn't just feel tacked on or like it was pushing red aside. Blue is an accent stripe on the classic sleeve stripes and used as a dropshadow in the numbers. I'm not sure I like the blue facemask but I know I don't like red, too bright, and grey wasn't right for this look IMO.

z6l54Hz.png

The alternate jersey is just an inverse of the home jersey, paired with blue socks. I think worn once or twice a year it would be a relatively inoffensive alt and way less intrusive than black. The color rush uniform is the standard home jersey paired with red pants and socks.

Im curious to hear what everyone thinks. I think this is a sharp look on its own merits but is it too much of a departure from Niners tradition? As always, thanks for having a look and let me know what you think.

2 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

So this one is a little bit blasphemous. The design itself is pretty traditional as far as football uniforms go, but it definitely breaks from tradition for this particular team. I was originally inspired by this picture:

uMMNqXS.jpg

And the curiosity of what the 49ers would look like if blue became a complimentary color in their identity as an homage to Levi Strauss' blue jeans and the San Francisco Bay. Red is for the stereotypical bandana or red plaid shirt associated with prospectors and gold is, well, for gold.

rkuCn1g.png

The new logo is a little different than the current logo apart from the colors. The new wordmark and number font is Rockwell bold, which I think has a bit of an old west feel and compliments the logo really well. Some people don't like drop shadows but I think they have their place in sports and I think they work really well with the old west aesthetic of the 49ers.

uIgd2pM.png

I found it somewhat difficult to incorporate blue in a capacity that didn't just feel tacked on or like it was pushing red aside. Blue is an accent stripe on the classic sleeve stripes and used as a dropshadow in the numbers. I'm not sure I like the blue facemask but I know I don't like red, too bright, and grey wasn't right for this look IMO.

z6l54Hz.png

The alternate jersey is just an inverse of the home jersey, paired with blue socks. I think worn once or twice a year it would be a relatively inoffensive alt and way less intrusive than black. The color rush uniform is the standard home jersey paired with red pants and socks.

Im curious to hear what everyone thinks. I think this is a sharp look on its own merits but is it too much of a departure from Niners tradition? As always, thanks for having a look and let me know what you think.

Niner fan so this is near and dear to my heart.  LOVE the updated interlocking SF.  Like the wordmark font.  Iffy on the number font.  I'd like to see other digits.  The navy jerseys and drop-shadows are just ... I mean I love the risk-taking but not feeling it.

mainescarf.png

Archived