8BW14

niner fan here as well.... if the blue was limited to drop shadow and was more....blue jeany, it MIGHT work better, but as it is, that's gonna have to be a no from me, dawg

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

So this one is a little bit blasphemous. The design itself is pretty traditional as far as football uniforms go, but it definitely breaks from tradition for this particular team. I was originally inspired by this picture:

And the curiosity of what the 49ers would look like if blue became a complimentary color in their identity as an homage to Levi Strauss' blue jeans and the San Francisco Bay. Red is for the stereotypical bandana or red plaid shirt associated with prospectors and gold is, well, for gold.

The new logo is a little different than the current logo apart from the colors. The new wordmark and number font is Rockwell bold, which I think has a bit of an old west feel and compliments the logo really well. Some people don't like drop shadows but I think they have their place in sports and I think they work really well with the old west aesthetic of the 49ers.

I found it somewhat difficult to incorporate blue in a capacity that didn't just feel tacked on or like it was pushing red aside. Blue is an accent stripe on the classic sleeve stripes and used as a dropshadow in the numbers. I'm not sure I like the blue facemask but I know I don't like red, too bright, and grey wasn't right for this look IMO.

The alternate jersey is just an inverse of the home jersey, paired with blue socks. I think worn once or twice a year it would be a relatively inoffensive alt and way less intrusive than black. The color rush uniform is the standard home jersey paired with red pants and socks.

Im curious to hear what everyone thinks. I think this is a sharp look on its own merits but is it too much of a departure from Niners tradition? As always, thanks for having a look and let me know what you think.

Interesting idea. I don't like the shadows on the sleeve stripes, though. I would either drop them entirely or switch to a variation of the pants/helmet striping like the Niners did in 2017. 

d1c5906f0e434ce0a254223d1f466818.jpg?ito

4 hours ago, SNBSlugger said:

Niner fan so this is near and dear to my heart.  LOVE the updated interlocking SF.  Like the wordmark font.  Iffy on the number font.  I'd like to see other digits.  The navy jerseys and drop-shadows are just ... I mean I love the risk-taking but not feeling it.

Fair enough. I can appreciate the sentiment. I'll put up a full set of numbers. To be honest, if someone gave me the keys to redesign the 49ers in the real world, I'd play it pretty safe by just dumping the black from the logo, getting rid of the black jersey and pants and changing the sleeve stripes back to 3 stripes. It's really such a good look it doesn't need to be messed with much. Just thought I'd try something a little different for creativity's sake.

I'm glad you took a risk!  I appreciate what you were going for, and you had a great narrative to explain your reason for the creation.  It's a great story that makes sense.  You're right though.  It really is an outstanding design already I'm not sure what else could be done.  Totally correct on the sleeve stripes too.  They are a mess in real life.

mainescarf.png

Here's a less ambitious 49ers concept. It's pretty much the classic uniform with custom numbers and a cleaned up logo:

FVpL3rn.png

UdqrznA.png

3230Zfb.png

3dExj2a.png

The gold alternate jersey is the biggest departure from the Niners traditional look. I decided to to with the dropshadow on the gold jersey to give the white numerals plenty of contrast against the gold jersey.

So that's my second go at the 49ers, played it pretty safe but I think turned out nice. Thanks for taking the time to have a look, and, as always your feedback is always appreciated. Thanks again.

3 minutes ago, hecticbro said:

If the blue in the Niners concept was for Levis, then you should have given them Levi Blue pants! ;)

"With a sublimated denim pattern and faux dirt stains to remember all of the hard work Americans put in to dig gold out of the California rivers and mountains During the Gold Rush of 1849", or something like that. That's so bad it just might happen.

BEt1EkN.png

Here's a new one today, the Cincinnati Bengals. I brought back the old tiger logo because I think it's just really good, much better than the B, anyway, and I couldn't come up with anything better. I  created a new wordmark with tiger stripes running through it as well. l I also thought I'd try something a little different in the background for the logo presentation to give it a little more pizzazz. 

With the uniforms, I challenged myself to step outside the box a little bit and stay away from the run-of-the mill Bengals concept with sleeve cap or shoulder stripes and do something that I hadn't seen before.

ojqtRYm.png

I updated the helmet stripes slightly, to make them more aggressive and match the jersey and pants striping more closely. The striping pattern is inspired by the shapes of the stripes in the logo which use wide strokes and jagged lines. The orange shoulder yoke is carried over from the black jersey to the white jersey as well. I've always had an irrational love for the old pre-stripey helmet Bengals uniforms so I used this as an opportunity to bring them back as an alternate throwback uniform. It's just such a simple, no nonsense football uniform and that's something I can really appreciate. The Color Rush is all orange, cuz, you know, tigers are orange and Color Rush is silly. Theoretically, the orange pants and jersey could be paired with the white or black pants and standard socks, too.

0xhJKOy.png

So there you have it, the Cincinnati Bengals. I'm curious to see hear everyone's thoughts on these so please feel free to offer any feedback, positive or negative. Thanks for taking a look.

14 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I like what you've done with the Bengals but I would drop the extra white on the bottom of the yoke on both the black and orange jerseys. I just kinda floats out there so it's probably superfluous. 

Would it be better if it was orange on all of the jerseys? I was trying to define the lower stripe on the black jersey with the white stripe.

Okay, got something new today, a Dallas Cowboys concept. We all know the Cowboys are the butt of a ton of jokes around here for their greenish pants and multiple blues, but that stops here. Everything is metallic blue(silver), deep royal blue and white, no navy, green-silver or gray-silver. The star is iconic, but I did change the outline on a dark background from white to silver. I'm also using a new wordmark font for Dallas.

JS0Fg48.png

xYDiTaQ.png

7iP3IZb.png

The primary white uniform looks pretty much the same, but the devil is in the details. The pants are now metallic blue to match the helmet. The classic serif number font returns and the double stripes are now accented with silver, dumping the unnecessary black outlines. The blue jersey now matches the white jersey both in shade of blue and template. single-color block numbers and double stripes are a callback to the blue jersey the cowboys wore in the 1970's. The Big Star jersey is the solution to the one helmet rule for the Cowboys. The idea is for it to be worn on Thanksgiving. The Color Rush uniform is a little bit out there: all silver everything, the helmet decals and stripes on the jerseys and pants are metallic blue, but not quite chrome. The numbers have a sublimated bandana pattern in them because I thought it would be cool, honestly.

Well, that's what I've got for America's Team, so let me know what you think. As always, thanks for taking a look.   

5UwjMKC.png

Here's my take on a new Chargers logo. I think they should take the move to LA as an opportunity to really refresh their brand and separate their look from the San Diego Years. Nike speak here: The logo and colors are meant to evoke the energy and power of a lightning storm. Emphasizing bright colors, I decided to promote powder/Pacific blue to the primary color, pairing it with sunshine yellow. A dark, graphite gray gives some contrast to the bright primary colors. The wordmark is pretty similar to their current, just slightly updated because, frankly, the wordmark is really good IMO. Uniforms will be following shortly, along with a new helmet bolt.

So, let me know what you think as always and thanks for taking a look.

1 hour ago, ScreamingViking said:

I do love your LA Chargers logo, and the colours. The wordmark should be altered somewhat; the existing one is cool, but no longer matches the new identity established by the logo. Maybe incorporate the powder-blue/sunshine-yellow bolt into the font, and add the graphite outline.

u3SJ3sL.png

Here are two new wordmark ideas, taking your suggestions into account and I think they were good ones. Not sure which one I like better though.

Archived