8BW14

7 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

You did. Accidental double post on my end.

I see what you're saying about the stripes now. I hadn't thought of that, I was just using an old helmet design that I thought was cool.

Well there's that and I saw another thread that had a similar design to that helmet plus it would make their helmet a lot better.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FwAE7to.png

A while back someone on the boards pointed out some of the flaws with the current Panthers logo and ever since then, the wonkey left eye and slightly out of perspective lower jaw/teeth has driven me nuts. So, I have made some tweaks, I think i fixed the perspective issue and made the shape of the left eye more similar to the right one.

5UFmpi5.png

The uniforms feature black helmets, which I am picturing with a high gloss finish. The new striping pattern is based on "speed lines", the Panther's whiskers, and the detailing on the wordmark. The pants stripe wraps around the front of the pants onto the knee and the collar striping would be a detail unique to the Panthers in the NFL.  The Panthers' bold electric blue is strong enough, IMO to be used for sleek, modern single-color numbers on the jerseys. The primary home pants remain silver and the primary home pants are now black.

7AQ5Hbj.png

The alternate jersey remains blue and is an inverse of the black jersey. I introduced blue pants into the rotation and thy are shown here with the blue jersey, but wouldn't necessarily be worn with the blue jersey. The Color Rush uniform is the "Black Panther" uniform, paired with all-blue socks to balance out all of the black.

Here are some of the uniform combos paired with alternate pant options:

mWEogsp.png

So, please feel free to let me know what you think, I always appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks for taking the time to have a look.

I’m not a big fan of the number font. It just doesn’t really fit the teams identity in my opinion. I also think the logo gets kinda lost in the black helmet. Other than that, I love how the away jersey looks with blue pants. 

13 hours ago, CheeseBurger22 said:

I’m not a big fan of the number font. It just doesn’t really fit the teams identity in my opinion. I also think the logo gets kinda lost in the black helmet. Other than that, I love how the away jersey looks with blue pants. 

The number font is based on the wordmark, a sans serif italic font. I actually thought it worked really well. What would you have in mind to change it to? The idea behind the black helmet was kinda for it to get "lost". All you see is the highlights of the black fur flashing in the light, or maybe I'm over thinking that.

5 hours ago, Chawls said:

The white jerseys need an outline on the numbers. 

IPWNDEO.png

I want to avoid outlines on the numbers, so here is a white jersey with black numbers and blue pants as the primary.

And here it is with black pants:

tww90nP.png 

3 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

he number font is based on the wordmark, a sans serif italic font. I actually thought it worked really well. What would you have in mind to change it to? The idea behind the black helmet was kinda for it to get "lost". All you see is the highlights of the black fur flashing in the light, or maybe I'm over thinking that.

If you’re going for a more modern look for the team then I completely agree with the number font, other than that I really don’t know what you should change it to. And I like the idea you were going with for the helmet. Everything makes sense now that you’ve explained it, so, thanks!

On 4/18/2018 at 11:31 AM, 8BW14 said:

FwAE7to.png

A while back someone on the boards pointed out some of the flaws with the current Panthers logo and ever since then, the wonkey left eye and slightly out of perspective lower jaw/teeth has driven me nuts. So, I have made some tweaks, I think i fixed the perspective issue and made the shape of the left eye more similar to the right one.

5UFmpi5.png

The uniforms feature black helmets, which I am picturing with a high gloss finish. The new striping pattern is based on "speed lines", the Panther's whiskers, and the detailing on the wordmark. The pants stripe wraps around the front of the pants onto the knee and the collar striping would be a detail unique to the Panthers in the NFL.  The Panthers' bold electric blue is strong enough, IMO to be used for sleek, modern single-color numbers on the jerseys. The primary home pants remain silver and the primary home pants are now black.

7AQ5Hbj.png

The alternate jersey remains blue and is an inverse of the black jersey. I introduced blue pants into the rotation and thy are shown here with the blue jersey, but wouldn't necessarily be worn with the blue jersey. The Color Rush uniform is the "Black Panther" uniform, paired with all-blue socks to balance out all of the black.

Here are some of the uniform combos paired with alternate pant options:

mWEogsp.png

So, please feel free to let me know what you think, I always appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks for taking the time to have a look.

I don't get the point of having the home pants be silver but then not having the color anywhere else in any of the uniforms. It looks like you're trying to de-emphasize silver; perhaps you should just remove it entirely for this concept?

19 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I don't get the point of having the home pants be silver but then not having the color anywhere else in any of the uniforms. It looks like you're trying to de-emphasize silver; perhaps you should just remove it entirely for this concept?

Well I kept the silver pants because the Panthers have always worn silver pants and the teeth/eyes are still silver in the logo, so I kept the silver pants as the primary home pants. To be honest, they don't look good with the blue or white jersey, but I'm still hesitant to get rid of silver entirely. 

4 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

Well I kept the silver pants because the Panthers have always worn silver pants and the teeth/eyes are still silver in the logo, so I kept the silver pants as the primary home pants. To be honest, they don't look good with the blue or white jersey, but I'm still hesitant to get rid of silver entirely. 

Huh. Hadn't noticed the remaining silver in the logo.

• 2 weeks later...

R1HT8D1.png

So here's a new one today. This concept is more of a tweak that fixes some problems that have come up with the uniforms over the years. When the New York Giants first unveiled their current uniforms, they were damn near perfect. Since then, they have chipped away at the uniform's greatness by changing the pants stripes and adding a pair of white pants that don't really fit the old-school aesthetic I thought they were going for.

rY15T6A.png

The first order of business was fixing the pants stripes so the red stripe flanked by two blue stripes "matched" the red stripe on the blue helmet again. On the home uniforms, I moved the TV numbers to the sleeves because I don't think there's any reason to have blank sleeves if you can put numbers there. I flip-flopped about what to do with the Giants' white jerseys. I don't really dislike the throwback design with all of the red, but I finally decided that it was time for something new. The new white jersey is another throwback inspired look, based on the white jerseys from the 1960's. The throwback alternate/Color Rush jersey is a throwback to the 1940's when the Giants wore a Michigan-like winged helmet design and red jerseys. I thought it fit the Giants' aesthetic and would be unique to the NFL.

Well, thanks for taking a look and please feel free to let me know what you think. May the Fourth Be With You. 

• 1 month later...

Literally the only thing I would change to the Eagles is the color of the collars and sleeve cuffs...make them silver on the home and away and green for the color rush...is it possible to do that through your template to see or no?

On 5/4/2018 at 6:30 AM, 8BW14 said:

R1HT8D1.png

So here's a new one today. This concept is more of a tweak that fixes some problems that have come up with the uniforms over the years. When the New York Giants first unveiled their current uniforms, they were damn near perfect. Since then, they have chipped away at the uniform's greatness by changing the pants stripes and adding a pair of white pants that don't really fit the old-school aesthetic I thought they were going for.

rY15T6A.png

The first order of business was fixing the pants stripes so the red stripe flanked by two blue stripes "matched" the red stripe on the blue helmet again. On the home uniforms, I moved the TV numbers to the sleeves because I don't think there's any reason to have blank sleeves if you can put numbers there. I flip-flopped about what to do with the Giants' white jerseys. I don't really dislike the throwback design with all of the red, but I finally decided that it was time for something new. The new white jersey is another throwback inspired look, based on the white jerseys from the 1960's. The throwback alternate/Color Rush jersey is a throwback to the 1940's when the Giants wore a Michigan-like winged helmet design and red jerseys. I thought it fit the Giants' aesthetic and would be unique to the NFL.

Well, thanks for taking a look and please feel free to let me know what you think. May the Fourth Be With You. 

What is that white jersey and the red jersey helmet?

Big Baller Brand is successful

• 3 months later...

So, since the Jets announced that they would be updating their uniforms/logos next season, I'v been thinking a lot about the concept I did back in April and I liked it less and less. I think it had just a little bit too much going on, so I simplified everything. 

First, I made some changes to the logo. The new jet silhouette is simpler and has a lower profile atop the NY monogram.

JzZ4CDf.png

TQOPMZS.png

fHQf8mD.png

The double stripe has been a constant throughout the Jets' uniform history, so I chose to go with a simple uniform design, prominently featuring the double stripe design. The color rush design is a mono-green uniform with a geometric camo pattern. The second alternate uniform is a throwback to the Super Bowl III winning uniforms, when the Namath led-Jets stunned the Baltimore Colts. The Jets also get a custom block number font, based on the number font used on the tail ID of US fighter jets

MiXMGzT.png

Please feel free to let me know what you think, any and all feedback is welcome. Thanks for taking a look.

5 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I like that design but I think it could be improved by going with a backwards facing tail fin on the logo like the F-117. I thought it was mountain when I first saw it.

42BPxps.png

6AgbvfC.png

6rtY2u1.png

Better? I think it's an improvement. The tail fin did look clunky compared to the change you suggested,thanks. 

Here's a new one for your viewing pleasure

YTjFsyL.png

DBd8Y4r.png

rQweFHC.png

I've always liked the Denver Broncos uniforms to be honest. They were on the cutting edge of design when they debuted  and I think they have aged well over the years. I'm also not opposed to a new design but I haven't ever seen one that I actually prefer to the current duds, so here's my take. Blue pants are added to the regular rotation as the primary road option, paired with orange socks of course, to avoid the leotard look. The sleeves feature the mane of the bronco logo and the orange and blue jerseys retain their home and alternate designations, respectively. The Color Rush-or whatever you wanna call it- alternate jersey is sky blue as a nod to the old royal/sky blue helmets of the Orange Crush days.

Well let me know what you think and thanks for having a look.

Archived