infrared41's Who Am I? Super Bowl LII Edition

infrared41

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, cmm said:

London Fletcher?

cmm is on the board with London Fletcher.

I. Rams (3), Bills (4), Redskins (5).

II. Fletcher is one of four players to have played in over 250 consecutive games.

III. He played college football for the John Carroll Blue Streaks. The Blue Streak is also the name of the oldest roller coaster at Cedar Point amusement park in Ohio.

IV. London.

V. Fletcher was voted the Rams rookie of the year.

jLfMmh3.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Round XI

I. The team I played for appeared in five Super Bowls.

II. Thanks to MNF, legend has it that I attended college at this astronomical university. 

III. Getting Semi-serious now, I am a member of this association's Football Hall of Fame.

IV. After football, I helped keep things clean appearing in this 1976 movie and I did some professional wrestling. 

V. Despite what you've just read, I was not a misfit on my team. In fact, I fit right in.

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

Otis Sistrunk?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1 hour ago, leopard88 said:

Otis Sistrunk?

leopard88 gets in the game with Otis Sistrunk.

I. Raiders (5).

II. On a MNF game, when talking about Sistrunk, Alex Karras misread the abbreviation for US Marines as "University of Mars." The rest is history. 

III. Sistrunk is a member of the American Football Association's Semi-Pro Football Hall of Fame. 

IV. He appeared in the 1976 film Car Wash as well as wrestling for a time in the National Wrestling Alliance.

V. Sistrunk was just one of many characters on those 70's Raiders teams. 

XZYFZl3.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Finally!  I'm usually never around at the right time for these things . . . and they're really tough when I am.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Round XII

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of 13 Super Bowl appearances.

II. I just might be the least famous person to start at this high profile position in a Super Bowl. 

III. At the time, I was also the youngest player to do this in a Super Bowl.

IV. I took over for one Hall of Famer and ended up being replaced by another Hall of Famer.

V. FWIW, I played in exactly as many Super Bowls as the prolific, record setting Hall of Famer that replaced me. 

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

David Woodley?

23 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

David Woodley?

Make it two in a row for leopard88 with David Woodley.

I. Dolphins (5) and Steelers (8). 

II. Of all the QBs to start a Super Bowl, Woodley just might be the least remembered - outside Miami, at least.

III. At the time, he was the youngest starting QB in Super Bowl history. He was 24.

IV. Woodley was Miami's primary starting QB in the years between Hall of Famer Bob Griese and Hall of Famer Dan Marino.

V. Woodley led the Dolphins to exactly as many Super Bowls - one - as Marino did.

WsslFZ1.jpg 

BB52Big.jpg

2 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

II. Of all the QBs to start a Super Bowl, Woodley just might be the least remembered - outside Miami, at least.

WsslFZ1.jpg 

Finally, my age is paying off around here.

As for David Woodley, I'm not even sure how well remembered he is in Miami.

Round XIII

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of 13 Super Bowl appearances.

II. I was just the third player in Super Bowl history to do this and the only one to do it at my position. I did it a couple times in the regular season too. 

III. Thanks to my experience in college, I was the guy my team turned to in an emergency. 

IV. I was so impressive in winning this award for freshman that the conference ended up naming it after me. 

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

Tom Tupa?

Antwan Randle-El?

1 hour ago, leopard88 said:

Antwan Randle-El?

That's three in a row for leopard88. Antwaan Randle El is correct.

I. Steelers (8) and Redskins (5).

II. Randle El was just the third non-QB and first WR to throw a TD pass in the Super Bowl.

III. He was Washington's emergency QB for a time. Maybe the Steelers too. I didn't dig that deep on this one.

IV. Randle El was voted Big Ten Freshman of the year in 1998. The award was later renamed the "Thompson-Randle El Freshman of the Year Award" by the Big Ten. 

lkY4sLX.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

That's it for tonight. We'll pick it up again tomorrow. I'll try to pick up the pace as we get closer to the Super Bowl. After 8 or 9 years of this, it's gotten tougher to come up with players I haven't already used but are still well known enough to work. 

BB52Big.jpg

Round XIV

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of eleven Super Bowl appearances.

II. I was the first person at my position to receive this honor.

III. I played a key role in one of the longest playoff games in NFL history. Had I been better, the game would have ended in regulation.

IV. I am a member of the NFL's 75th Anniversary team.

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

Jan Stenerud?

Archived