infrared41's Who Am I? Super Bowl LII Edition

infrared41

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, infrared41 said:

Nope, but you've got the right idea. 

Carl Eller

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Just now, sc49erfan15 said:

Wally Hilgenberg.

sc49erfan15 with the win. Wally Hilgenberg is correct.

I. Vikings (4) and Lions (0).

II. Hilgenberg was a member of the Vikings "Purple People Eaters" defense. According to Pro-Football Reference, he played right LB. 

III. He was one of 11 players to have played in all four of Minnesota's Super Bowl appearances. 

IV. When the Chiefs beat the Vikings is Super Bowl IV, a lot of people said that the game legitimized the AFL. I'm guessing Wally and his teammates aren't crazy about that.

V. Hilgenberg was traded from the Lions to the Steelers in 1968, but the Steelers waived him before he ever played a game for them. Had he not been waived, etc., he would have played in four Super Bowls with the Steelers and been on the winning side.

F7FNcUw.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Never heard of him but whil looking into this I learned that kicker Fred Cox invented the Nerf football.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

I inexplicably had a bunch of 1970s Wally Hilgenberg cards. No idea why, because I purposefully plundered my local card shop's 7-for-$1 box for 1970s 49ers. A few of his cards from different years feature the exact same photo. That's all I got.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

Round VI

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of four Super Bowl appearances.

II. I was right in the middle of a colorful time in this team's history.

III. I am one of just 11 players to have played in every one of this team's Super Bowl appearances.

IV. You could say that my teammates and I helped legitimize this league, but we would have preferred not to.

V. Had I not been waived, I probably would have played in the same number of Super Bowls, but with a different team and with 100% better results.

Who am I? 

Stab in the dark:  Don Beebe.

nav-logo.png

Round VII

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of ten Super Bowl appearances.

II. I was the first and, so far, only player to do this in College Football.

III. I was the first player in NFL history to do these three things in the same game.

IV. I was a big part of one of the most controversial plays in NFL Playoff history. In fact, I caused it. 

V. One of my postgame locker room speeches was so good that part of it was inscribed on our Super Bowl rings.

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

Charles Woodson?

POTD (Shared)

43 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Charles Woodson?

Charles Woodson it is.

I. Raiders (5) and Packers (5).

II. Woodson was the first "primarily" defensive player to win the Heisman Trophy.

III. He was the first player in NFL history to record a sack, two forced fumbles, and an interception in the same game.

IV. It was Woodson who hit Tom Brady in the 2001 playoffs causing the fumble that wasn't a fumble and introduced us to the infamous "tuck rule*."

V. Part of Woodson's postgame speech after beating the Bears in the 2010 NFC Championship was inscribed on the inside of the Packers Super Bowl rings. It says "1 Mind, Goal, Purpose and Heart."

L5ucZLO.jpg

*A rule that I'm still convinced was made up on the spot. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Round VIII

I. The team I played for has appeared in eight Super Bowls. 

II. I am one of just four players to have done this with my team.

III. Fans of the band RUSH would get a kick out of the two Super Bowls I played in.

IV. My college coach and I ended up being co-workers. 

V. "Where am I from?"

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, burgundy said:

Tom Jackson

Burgundy gets in the game with Tom Jackson.

I. Broncos (8).

II. Jackson is one of four Bronco players to have appeared in both Super Bowl XII and Super Bowl XXI.

III. Mention Super Bowls 12 and 21 to most RUSH fans and you'll get "hey, 2112" the title one of RUSH's most popular albums.

IV. Jackson played for Lee Corso at Louisville.

V. On NFL Primetime, when a player from Louisville was in a highlight, Chris Berman would say "where's he from, Tom?" to which Jackson would reply "Louisville."

QOy8sQC.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Round IX

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of nine Super Bowl appearances.

II. I am the only player in NFL history to do this at my position. 

III. I am the last full-time player in NFL history to do this at my position. 

IV. I played a key role in one of the longest playoff games in NFL history.

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

Mark Moseley?

POTD (Shared)

55 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Mark Moseley?

Yup. 

I. Eagles (3), Oilers/Titans (1), Redskins (5), and Browns (0).

II. Moseley is the only kicker to win the NFL MVP award. He won it in the strike shortened '82 season with the Redskins.

III. He was the last full-time "straight on" as opposed to "soccer-style" kicker. Dirk Borgognone, another straight on kicker, appeared in two games in 1995. 

IV. Moseley kicked the game winning field goal in double OT for the Browns in the 1986 Divisional Playoff game against the Jets. 

I2GtW0o.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Damn.  I was just about to guess Moseley.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Round X

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of twelve Super Bowl appearances.

II. I am one of just four NFL players to have done this.

III. My college team shares a name with this vintage Ohio roller coaster.

IV. I share a name with a city that is more popular with the NFL than the NFL is popular with this city.

V. I was this team's rookie of the year. Not bad considering I was an undrafted free agent. 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived