infrared41's Who Am I? Super Bowl LII Edition

infrared41

9 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Jan Stenerud?

Make it four in a row for leopard88 - which I think may be a "Who Am I?" record.

I. Chiefs (2), Packers (5), and Vikings (4). 

II. Stenerud was the first full time kicker to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

III. Chiefs - Dolphins in the '71 playoffs. He missed a FG with 35 seconds left in the game. Had he made it, the game probably doesn't go to OT. 

IV. Stenerud is a member of the NFL's 75th Anniversary Team.

KuXVYAf.jpg 

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m usually never around when you post these, so I don’t have a shot. My timing has been lucky this year. 

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Round XV

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of four Super Bowl appearances.

II. With a first name like mine, I would have been a perfect fit at Notre Dame.

III. For a time, I held the NFL's single season record in this statistical category. It's currently held by this former division rival and Hall of Famer. 

IV. The player from the previous clue and I are tied for the record for doing this the most times in a single season.

IV. Myself and this 3 time SB Champ and Hall of Famer are the only players in NFL history to do this in back to back seasons. 

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

10 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

I think I'm too young for most of these clues... either that or I'm just bad at trivia games. B)

Or maybe you're just bad at Super Bowl history. B) Seriously though, I do try to mix it up a little, but as the title of the thread says it's "Super Bowl trivia for the old school crowd." I tend to focus on Super Bowls from the 60's thru the 90's, but I do throw in a few from the 2000's. In fact, the player in round XV is a 2000's era player. 

BB52Big.jpg

Neil Rackers?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

It was a fairly wild guess.

Meanwhile, Neil is a pretty Irish name.

...and he is a two time season leader in FG attempts.  

Round VXI

I. The team I played for has appeared in 5 Super Bowls.

II. Many thought I should have won the MVP in one of my Super Bowls. One of my teammates said I basically played a perfect game. 

III. This late Sports Reporter was responsible for choosing the MVP in that Super Bowl.

IV. I was a key member of this numerically named defense.

V. Super Bowl XLII was the latest in the season that my old teammates and I did this yearly ritual. 

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

8 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Round VXI

I. The team I played for has appeared in 5 Super Bowls.

II. Many thought I should have won the MVP in one of my Super Bowls. One of my teammates said I basically played a perfect game. 

III. This late Sports Reporter was responsible for choosing the MVP in that Super Bowl.

IV. I was a key member of this numerically named defense.

V. Super Bowl XLII was the latest in the season that my old teammates and I did this yearly ritual. 

Who am I? 

Nick Buonoconti (sp?)

10 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Manny Fernandez?

Kaz is in the game with Manny Fernandez.

I. Dolphins 

II. A lot of people felt that Fernandez deserved to win the Super Bowl VII MVP over actual winner, Jake Scott. His Miami teammate Nick Buoniconti said that in Super Bowl VII Fernandez "played the most dominant game by a defensive lineman in the history of the game." 

III. According to Wikipedia, the late, great Dick Schaap was responsible for choosing the Super Bowl MVP. The story goes that Schapp was out late the night beofre, was bored by the game, and because he wasn't paying attention, pretty much missed Fernandez's dominant performance. 

IV. Before the Bears "46" defense, there was the Dolphins "53" defense.

V. As most of us know, each season, members of the undefeated '72 Dolphins break out the champagne after the last undefeated team loses a game in the NFL. Thanks to the Patriots, it took all the way to Super Bowl XLII for the Dolphins to pop the cork for the 2007 season. 

wDeKema.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

Round XV

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of four Super Bowl appearances.

II. With a first name like mine, I would have been a perfect fit at Notre Dame.

III. For a time, I held the NFL's single season record in this statistical category. It's currently held by this former division rival and Hall of Famer. 

IV. The player from the previous clue and I are tied for the record for doing this the most times in a single season.

IV. Myself and this 3 time SB Champ and Hall of Famer are the only players in NFL history to do this in back to back seasons. 

Who am I? 

Priest Holmes

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

2 minutes ago, slapshot said:

Priest Holmes

Slapshot is on the board with Priest Holmes.

I. Ravens (2) and Chiefs (2).

II. "Priest" Holmes.

III. Holmes once held the record for most TDs scored in a season (27). That record now belongs to LaDainian Tomlinson (31).

IV. He and Tomlinson are the only two players in NFL history to score two or more TDs in a game 10 times in the same season.

V. Holmes and Emmit Smith are the only players in NFL history to score 20 or more rushing TDs in back to back seasons.

tjooO66.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

You weren't kidding about being literal.

Round XVII

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of 15 Super Bowl appearances.

II. I am one of just two players to have done this in three different decades - the 70's, 80's, and 90's.

III. At the time, I was the oldest player to reach this statistical milestone in a season. In fact, I managed to grab a few "oldest to.." marks towards the end of my career.

IV. In college, I won the NCAA championship...in this track and field event. I was no Carl Lewis, but I wasn't bad. 

V. I am a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

James Lofton?

3 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

James Lofton?

leopard88 finds the endzone again with James Lofton.

I missed the Raiders on the combined Super Bowl appearances so the actual total is 20.

I. Packers (5), Raiders (5), Bills (4), Eagles (3), and Rams (3). 

II. Lofton scored a TD in the 70's, 80's, and 90's. The only other player to do that was Drew Hill.

III. In 1991, he was the oldest WR to reach 1,000 yards in a season. He was also the oldest player to have 200 yards receiving in a game. He has a couple other "oldest to.." marks as well. You can see the rest on his Wikipedia page. 

IV. Lofton won the NCAA Championship in the long jump in 1978.

V. He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2003.

aSOTuW4.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Archived