NBA 90s series(Supersonics Added 09/29 SERIES COMPLETED)

72freebie

Here we go guys, a new thread that is a follow up to my NHL 90s series last summer. This time we are doing basketball. The NBA in the 90s was a wild time for designs. Teams like the Raptors, Hawks, Bucks, and Grizzlies are the teas that stand out to me but there were many other fantastic and crazy designs. I plan to make a concept for every team in the league with designs similar to the ones I just mentioned. I plan to do all defunct teams that were around in the 90s as well as teams that are around now but weren't in the 90s. Without further ado, lets start this off with two concepts.

Golden State Warriors.

Golden State had some wild jerseys with bold lightning bolts on them n the 90s. I decided to take this to the max and use the bolts as a full jersey and shorts design. Also present is a gradient in the numbers and the road jersey being a red to orange gradient. Definitely out there but I really like how they turned out.

QZSV30Q.png

Second up is the Portland Trailblazers

Portland has always stayed with their sash design and while I do really like it, I wanted to try something implementing their logo. I made it the main design aspect with the lines extending much farther than usual and eve on to the back of the jersey. I could have seen something like this being a reality in the 90s.

0u6qYxg.png

So there's the kickoff for this new series. I am extremely excited to be doing this and I'm hoping you all enjoy it as much as the NHL series.

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FOLLOWED. FOL-LOWED. Can't wait to see what you do with traditional teams like the Celtics and Lakers and especially already extremely 90's teams like the Raptors and Grizzlies FOLLOWED.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

ill take on Portland since its the last one— i think if you drew the side views of this uniform, you'd be disappointed in how those elements start and end. i think you should think a little more about how that stripe/logo wraps around a player's body. and the sleeve and neck striping here is a little distracting, plus it crowds your large stripes. if you remove that border striping, i think what you've done with the logo-as-stripes will feel much better.

then, your numbers need a little work. im not crazy about that number font, but just removing the drop shadow will improve it a lot. the drop shadow has some tapered lines in it that the logo, which is the primary element, doesn't have and it clashes quite a bit. i think you'll have a solid concept after that. sometimes its really easy to do too much, and you just need to remove a thing or two to make a design really come to life

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Thanks for all of the positive comments to start this off. I'm going to go back and do an update for Portland eventually but in the meantime, here is the next team.

San Antonio Spurs

Obviously, I had to go with the fiesta colors for this one. It uses a pinstripe design with all of the fiesta colors from the logo. Black i also used as a dominant color in the logo and numbers. There is also a pattern on the shorts which comes from their 90s alternate logo. The colored jersey is something way out of the ordinary for the spurs but I have always wanted to try something with these colors and i'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

Zh7rAfe.png

1 hour ago, 72freebie said:

Thanks for all of the positive comments to start this off. I'm going to go back and do an update for Portland eventually but in the meantime, here is the next team.

San Antonio Spurs

Obviously, I had to go with the fiesta colors for this one. It uses a pinstripe design with all of the fiesta colors from the logo. Black i also used as a dominant color in the logo and numbers. There is also a pattern on the shorts which comes from their 90s alternate logo. The colored jersey is something way out of the ordinary for the spurs but I have always wanted to try something with these colors and i'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

Zh7rAfe.png

Wow...that's out there. I like that you used the fiesta colors though - most Spurs concepts either completely ignore them or just pay lip service. You went all-out.

Next up is the Oklahoma City Thunder.

So the Thunder weren't around in the 90's and their current identity definitely wouldn't fit back then so I decided to make a new 90s style identity for them. I kept the colors the same but went with a Buffalo logo as it represents the city very well and character logos were much more prominent in the 90s then they are now. The jerseys feature a very large crest with the buffalo on the front with a side panel design that goes from the shoulder down to the bottom of the shorts. I think this turned out pretty well and I could have easily seen something like this around in the 90s NBA.

Here is the new OKC primary logo

YfKS5lY.png

and the jerseys

leEshRA.png

3 hours ago, 72freebie said:

Next up is the Oklahoma City Thunder.

So the Thunder weren't around in the 90's and their current identity definitely wouldn't fit back then so I decided to make a new 90s style identity for them. I kept the colors the same but went with a Buffalo logo as it represents the city very well and character logos were much more prominent in the 90s then they are now. The jerseys feature a very large crest with the buffalo on the front with a side panel design that goes from the shoulder down to the bottom of the shorts. I think this turned out pretty well and I could have easily seen something like this around in the 90s NBA.

Here is the new OKC primary logo

YfKS5lY.png

If I had a dollar every time I saw a better logo for the OKC Thunder on these boards, I'd have enough to buy the team and move them back to Seattle... 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived