7 hours ago, sparky chewbarky said:

Thanks MSO94.

Okay, Hobogrish...@TuckerOnSports, over on twitter, saw a letter "F" for Fathoms in a logo from the "SeaLions" concept I did.

So, I expanded on that idea...Might be another "nautical-name" option for sure...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Awesome- I saw it on Twitter today - thx

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, MSO94 said:

Also How did your book go. 

Did it get published yet  ?

Thanks M...No, the book didn't get published. I'll try another one someday🙂..."If at first you don't succeed..." eh?

2 hours ago, Hobogrish said:

Awesome- I saw it on Twitter today - thx

Still working on it, H...

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2019 at 8:09 PM, Hobogrish said:

Just keeps getting better

On 3/24/2019 at 11:33 PM, MSO94 said:

I really love the Sea Lions logo

Thanks guys!

On 3/24/2019 at 5:24 PM, kinznk said:

I would like to see the Evergreens uniform with brown socks and some brown stripes on the jersey. It would be like the trunk and some branches on an evergreen tree.

Hi k...I tried that a while back with my Ontario Beavers concept....It didn't look too bad...I'll see if I can find the images 🙂

Okay, amigos...I just realized that I've been poking away at this "Battle of Seattle" thing off and on, for over a year! 😶...I really need to wrap this up soon.

But anyway, just to show the progression...a year ago #NHLSeattle_ (the official site of the Seattle NHL group) ran this set of original 18 logos, repping 9 different concepts...

spacer.png

Well...a year later, "The Battle" has expanded to 14 concepts with over 30 logos...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...

All is good stuff ... looks incredible, sparky. Nice!

Although the following has zero bearing on those concepts and designs, I've lived here for 15 years now, and this town's identity is not a 'Metropolitan' one .... I think maybe 'Timbers' or something like it might better represent the area's personality.

But what do I know? The L.A. Lakers and Utah Jazz have both done pretty well .....

wS7MJ6T.png

On 2/7/2019 at 8:55 PM, sparky chewbarky said:

...Not sure if I'll get the time H...

The new sweaters are gonna be an Adidas product, so I did up a new template to simulate how the concepts would look in that format...

Here's a couple for the "Evergreens"...

FuWXojp.jpg..A couple for 

Geez, Sparky .... that's frickin gorgeous!

And of course all the pro teams here include green ... even the Sonics. 

At least until those backward Oklahomans sent green south in favor of that imponderable mish-mash of colors.

wS7MJ6T.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2019 at 8:31 AM, Black Dragon said:

What would Seattle sockeyes look like with black and red 

Hello BD...I did up an indigenous-style "Sockeyes" in a brick-red, aqua, black & white...The colours still need a bit of tweaking', but I think it's got potential...

spacer.png

On 5/4/2019 at 11:26 AM, BroncoBuff said:

Geez, Sparky ....

Thanks Bronco...I like the idea of Seattle doing something with plaid. It's got to be very simple...not like a Don Cherry-ish plaid 😃...

Evergreens could be a very crisp, clean green & white option...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Love that last Evergreens' set with the plaid-esque stripes.  I think that one is a winner.  I'm not the biggest fan of the main Evergreens logo.  Feels like it lacks some depth to it, like it feels more corporate than sports related.  Not sure.

On 5/17/2019 at 4:19 PM, jdavidev said:

Love that last Evergreens' set with the plaid-esque stripes.  I think that one is a winner.  I'm not the biggest fan of the main Evergreens logo.  Feels like it lacks some depth to it, like it feels more corporate than sports related.  Not sure.

Thanks jd...Yes, I think there's some potential to a "plaid-cut" uniform for Seattle...IMO it's do-able, as long as it suggests "plaid" in the simplest way possible. I've used traditional hockey-sweater seams/lines, and the right placement of colours to create the tartan look. The "E" logo is clean, but you're right...maybe a bit too "corporate"?...still working on it 🙂...

I tweaked the nautical "Pilots" concept a tad...I've added black to the palette, and I've borrowed a couple of Sea Lions logos. One of the 'Lions is holding a compass pointer towards the NorthWest. The other is holding a flag that looks like a "P" (Pilots), but is also the nautical flag for the letter "S" (Seattle)...

spacer.png

1 minute ago, wildwing64 said:

Is there a reason for the square behind the Pilots logo? I must admit that it looks awkward on the white uniform.

Hi wildwing...The nautical flag for the letter "S" (Seattle), is a blue square on a white background. I thought that I could add a little extra colour on the front of the sweater, while basically turning the entire front of the away jersey into a symbolic letter "S"...But, I do agree with you...it looks a little "patch-ish"...

3 hours ago, sparky chewbarky said:

Hi wildwing...The nautical flag for the letter "S" (Seattle), is a blue square on a white background. I thought that I could add a little extra colour on the front of the sweater, while basically turning the entire front of the away jersey into a symbolic letter "S"...But, I do agree with you...it looks a little "patch-ish"...

I love the color scheme, looks dope.  Maybe the away jersey is calling for a solid chest stripe?  Always loved the sea lions logo.  Probably my favorite of yours.  That and the "S" Kraken one, too.

Wait, no, I also love the Sockeyes as well.  Especially the secondary Sock-o mascot logo

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2019 at 2:06 PM, jdavidev said:

Wait, no, I also love the Sockeyes as well.  Especially the secondary Sock-o mascot logo

Thanks jd...the "Sockeyes" made my Final Four...

The Battle of Seattle - Final Four

spacer.png

As we near the late-summer announcement of a Seattle NHL team identity, I'd like to focus a bit on the 4 best options (IMO).

I think that any of these 4 names/identities would give Seattle a unique look, and provide the franchise with the most possibilities in marketing, merchandising, and promotion.

I'm gonna keep the "Kraken" in the mix (in spite of rumours that the name is "off the table").

I'm including "Sockeyes" (appears to be the front runner)..."Evergreens" (the least contentious of the bunch)...and "Pilots" (a great nautical option).

So, here goes...my "Final Four"...

#4...Seattle Sockeyes

I'm fully expecting a "Sockeyes" name with a Louis Gong logo...

IMO, it's the better option of the 2 "fish names", as it's more unique than "Steelheads".

I'm suggesting a palette of pacific-green/brick-red/black, with an indigenous-inspired logo ("Sockeye" is the anglicized version of "Suk-kegh"-meaning "red fish").

Logos, Home and Aways...

spacer.png

...A couple of Home and Away Alts...

spacer.png

Mr. Tod Leiweke mentioned in a recent interview, the "rustic, pioneering spirit of the PNW". 

I think that fusing the native-style logos with a red plaid, creates an interesting, rustic aesthetic...

spacer.png

spacer.png

..up next... in at #3...the Seattle "Pilots"... 

Archived