Recommended Posts

Next...fold the tab on the upper "Seattle" strap, and slide it into the slot between the eyes...

Flip it over & flatten out the tab...This will lock in the 2 pieces...

 

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next...slide the back strap through the "sparky" slots...Centre the strap.

 

-Slide on the back tentacles.

 

-Insert the ends of the back strap into the side slots. Adjust to size.

 

-Once size is adjusted, Slip the hockey sticks in behind the strap and out the bottom slot. This will lock in the straps.

 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

 

Et Voila!....Enjoy!

 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thaipod said:

WHAT THE WHAT?!?!?  That's amaze-balls, Sparky!

 

Thanks for the 👍  thaipod...

 

Okay kids...Here are more "printer-friendly" versions of the graphics...

 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, what really sucks about this whole thread is that I’m inevitably going to be disappointed with whatever the NHL team comes out with because it’s not gonna have the same amount of passion put into it as you’ve put into everything here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This tread is amazing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2020 at 3:42 PM, Midwest_surfer said:

You know, what really sucks about this whole thread is that I’m inevitably going to be disappointed with whatever the NHL team comes out with because it’s not gonna have the same amount of passion put into it as you’ve put into everything here

Thanks Midwest...I really enjoy doing this stuff. I like coming up with an identity (colours/name/logo) and then asking "Now What?" and taking it a few steps further. I think that Seattle is putting together a good creative team, and whatever name they go with...they're gonna do it up right.👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off, great work on this Sparky, and welcome to the NHL Seattle!  It's 45 years overdue, if you ask me.  As a Canucks fan, I can't wait to get this rivalry off the ground and running.  The old Vancouver/Seattle/Portland rivalries from the Western Hockey League in the 50's and 60's were some of the best of their era.

 

Personally, I'd like to see them go with something that's reflective of the region and it's history rather than choosing a gimmick like the Kraken.  Starting games with "Release the Kraken" might sound cool now, but wait until you're hearing it 41 times a year, year after year.  I don't think Kraken will be any more sustainable than "Mighty Ducks".

 

For my money, Steelheads is the way to go.  It's the state fish, it's a fittingly aggressive choice for hockey and you could incorporate any of several colour schemes.  I love the logo Sparky did for that name, best of any suggested logo I've seen so far for any of the team names.  In fact, if they do indeed go with my second choice, the Sockeyes (which I think they ultimately will), I'd love to see them use the same logo, as Sparky as also detailed with the black, red and teal unis.

 

I also really like the Pilots concept with the winged-S logo, the bomber jacket colour and black and white striping.  Brilliantly simple and unique that just works wonderfully on several levels.  I wonder if anyone has suggested the Seattle Sentinels yet, which could also incorporate an aviation logo and colour scheme?

 

Honourable mention to the Totems; love the nod to history, just not thrilled with any of the logo designs I've seen so far.  Also to Sparky's Metropolitans concept, although I do find it slightly derivative of the current Vancouver Warriors lacrosse team.

 

And finally, a nod to the Evergreens concept.  This would be an excellent option for a team in Portland, Oregon, should the NHL ever expand there. Which of course, they certainly should!

 

J in Delta 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello gordfish!...& welcome to the boards!

Thanks for the excellent post. Good points all. I like your Sentinels suggestion with the brown and winged "S"....(Hmmm).

Of the 2 "fish" names, I kinda lean towards Sockeyes, probably only because I live about 20 miles upstream (😀) from the Mississauga Steelheads OHL team, so the name, to me, sounds a little common....But it's a solid name. I like the Pilots name also, but it didn't get a lot of traction, and in Seattle, it seems that "Pilots" has more of a nautical meaning.

I do like the Krāken...I'm a little weird that way...But I always like to take a concept past the name, logo, colours...and explore the "what-can-be-done-with-it?" factor.

That, to me, is where the Krāken identity kicks butt. It's a great nautical name IMO, that can bring in so many seafaring, oceanic elements for logos, merchandise, game experience, promotions, etc...

spacer.png

I do get the opposition to it, although I think too many get caught in the "Release the Kraken-phobia"...Yes that clip would be used, but not to the extent that most fear.

I've done up many pages of concept for the Krāken and have only referenced it a couple of times.

It's been an interesting process gordfish...so many options & no clear-cut winner.

I'm also looking forward to the Seattle-Vancouver rivalry!

Thanks for dropping by.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping this is all a psy-ops and Sparky is actually the head of creative for the team, and this thread is how they tested out all their ideas. A person can dream that a team could be so clever.

 

I second the motion of disappointment if the logo/scheme is not from this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2020 at 6:51 PM, jdavidev said:

I'm hoping this is all a psy-ops and Sparky is actually the head of creative for the team, and this thread is how they tested out all their ideas. A person can dream that a team could be so clever.

 

I second the motion of disappointment if the logo/scheme is not from this thread.

Thank you J! You're right...a person can dream.😉

 

 

Last week Greg Wyshynski from ESPN, wrote an interesting article on the Seattle name game. In that piece, he stated...

"We had heard recently that while Seattle's brass had initially bristled at the moniker,

a marketing presentation late last year, centred around Kraken, blew them away."

 

I've always felt, that while Krāken wasn't the best-sounding or the most-relevant-to-the-region of the contenders (Sockeyes, Evergreens, Emeralds, Totems, etc.), it still had enough relevance, it was the most renowned (if the owners truly wanted a "global brand"), and it provided the most interesting marketing and promotional opportunities. I believe Mr. Wyshynski... that a persuasive and imaginative pitch could sell the name. Now, I don't know who, or what group, made the above-mentioned pitch, but it seems, if rumours are accurate, that they made an impression.

Krāken's a risky option; the other names are much safer...but if done properly, it could be unique, classic, bold.

I put together a compilation of KrākenStuff from the past little bit. 

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I WANT A KRAKEN SKI MASK!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how you take the time to completely flesh out every project you do, it makes them feel all the more exciting and real. I also feel like one of the few people who's on your side in the whole "Seattle Kraken" situation, but I don't know how you can see work like this and not understand the potential that nickname has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, henburg said:

I love how you take the time to completely flesh out every project you do, it makes them feel all the more exciting and real. I also feel like one of the few people who's on your side in the whole "Seattle Kraken" situation, but I don't know how you can see work like this and not understand the potential that nickname has.

Thanks for that henburg...VERY MUCH appreciated.👍

I think more people are Krāken fans than we realize, though.

However, if you state your preference for the Krāken monicker over at the "Seattle NHL Brand Discussion" thread, you kinda get shouted down and ridiculed by the mafia over there.

It's too bad the CCSLC has become so caustic, because you used to get the Frazer Davidson's, the Buc's, and the Brandon Moore's (people actually working and well respected in the sports design world) dropping by more frequently....which was great, to hear opinions from those in the industry...Oh well.... 

I think with the Krāken name, a lot of the critics don't have the imagination to get past the (admittedly cheesy) "Release the Kraken" schtick. Yeah, that'll get used, but not to the extent that many would have you believe. Hell, I've posted many pages of Krāken concept, and I think I've only referenced that line a couple of times.

I agree 100% with you, that the name has a ton of potential. For a name that is so (apparently) horrible...It sure is hangin' around isn't it?😃

I'll keep kickin' the hornets nest over there...it's kinda fun.

Thanks again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sparky chewbarky said:

However, if you state your preference for the Krāken monicker over at the "Seattle NHL Brand Discussion" thread, you kinda get shouted down and ridiculed by the mafia over there.

I'm the mafia now? Better than the Nazi two other people accused me of being, I suppose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IceCap said:

I'm the mafia now? Better than the Nazi two other people accused me of being, I suppose. 

 

Overall, things need to be toned down on the boards, Ice Cap. I'm all for good debate on concepts, names, ideas, etc....I'm okay with constructive criticism on my concepts, but it often crosses the line into personal attacks. Just because  people disagree with other's opinions, doesn't mean they're "annoying" or creating a false narrative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, sparky chewbarky said:

Overall, things need to be toned down on the boards, Ice Cap. I'm all for good debate on concepts, names, ideas, etc....I'm okay with constructive criticism on my concepts, but it often crosses the line into personal attacks. Just because  people disagree with other's opinions, doesn't mean they're "annoying" or creating a false narrative.

In all fairness? The Seattle NHL thread in Sports in General isn't the place for feedback for your concepts. That's this thread 🙂

As for that thread? I really haven't seen anyone crossing any lines. If you feel something does? Report it so mods other than I can review it. Don't come here and start calling everyone who disagrees with your opinion on the name "Kraken" the "mafia."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, IceCap said:

In all fairness? The Seattle NHL thread in Sports in General isn't the place for feedback for your concepts. That's this thread 🙂

As for that thread? I really haven't seen anyone crossing any lines. If you feel something does? Report it so mods other than I can review it. Don't come here and start calling everyone who disagrees with your opinion on the name "Kraken" the "mafia."

Save me your lecture.

I know what the different threads are for.

I have absolutely no problem with the varied opinions in the Seattle debate. I enjoy it.

It's when comments from you and your Get-A-Long-Gang ( sorry, "mafia" was the wrong word) cross that line with me and other members that pisses me off.

I'll DM you, rather than clutter things up here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sparky chewbarky said:

It's when comments from you and your Get-A-Long-Gang ( sorry, "mafia" was the wrong word) cross that line with me and other members that pisses me off.

I'll DM you, rather than clutter things up here.

If you wish to DM me then DM me, Don't use your own concepts thread to trash others behind their backs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.