What can I say that hasn't been said...

In all concepts, the one thing I admire in your designs, likely becaus I suck at it, is how you can simply incorporate a second shade (like the bright green or the grey) to give your logos great depth.

This battle was over before it started, if the Mets don't join the NHL with this identical identity, I may have to boycott my favourite sport forever.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

This battle was over before it started, if the Mets don't join the NHL with this identical identity, I may have to boycott my favourite sport forever.

Aside from the misspelling of "favorite," I agree. The Mets are gorgeous, and are my favorite of the four.

I'm sticking with the Metropolitans as my favorite but the Pilots definitely give them a run for their money. Maybe I just like art deco?

I'm cold on the Evergreens and Sawbucks reminds me of the Pokemon so I wouldn't be able to take the team seriously in real life.

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

1 hour ago, Zeus89725 said:

Aside from the misspelling of "favorite," I agree. The Mets are gorgeous, and are my favorite of the four.

Can you gauge the magnitude of your love for the Mets sweater and analyse your feelings for it?
Humour me.  Do you harbour a bit, less than a tonne, of ill will toward the colour?  Has it not enough lustre or do you clamour towards a colour that breaks the mould of common hockey sweater colour schemes such as a sombre grey or my favourite a matte brown?

Not to belabour the point, and without rancour, I support the defence of the green colour with every fibre of my being.

Maybe my opinion is not worth 2 cents.  I'd say the cheque is in the mail, but my fervour died for that idea and I favoured having it cancelled.

Honour me with a response if you think my behaviour warrants it.

;)

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

39 minutes ago, greyraven8 said:

Can you gauge the magnitude of your love for the Mets sweater and analyse your feelings for it?
Humour me.  Do you harbour a bit, less than a tonne, of ill will toward the colour?  Has it not enough lustre or do you clamour towards a colour that breaks the mould of common hockey sweater colour schemes such as a sombre grey or my favourite a matte brown?

Not to belabour the point, and without rancour, I support the defence of the green colour with every fibre of my being.

Maybe my opinion is not worth 2 cents.  I'd say the cheque is in the mail, but my fervour died for that idea and I favoured having it cancelled.

Honour me with a response if you think my behaviour warrants it.

;)

tenor.gif

Also your signature is relevant right now.

Wow!  It’s been awhile since I’ve perused the concepts forum. This thread is a delight. I love all the identities but the Mets one stands out to me. Maybe it’s because I’m a Husker fan and like the simple two tone uniforms.  1 color and white. It’s not my favorite name per se, but the whole thing is just great. 

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

At this juncture, I'm of the opinion that the identity packages for the Metropolitans and Pilots are superior to those of the Sawbucks and Evergreens... and by a pretty substantial margin.

Of the four, Metropolitans gets my nod. I love its iconic simplicity. It has a look that says "major league" and "traditional", without coming across as stodgy.

The Pilots identity is also terrific, though the secondary marks - particularly, the pilot - strike me as being a bit too detailed. I may just be judging the secondaries as such in comparison to the elegantly spare styling of the Metropolitan package.

As for the Sawbucks and Evergreens, I'm just not feeling it for either one of them. 

While the Sawbucks logos are all tremendously well-rendered, there's just too much going on with regard to the wordplay and the logos accompanying the various meanings of the terms: "sawbuck" meaning a type of sawhorse... a "buck" being a male deer... "Sawbucks" being a play on Seattle-based company "Starbucks". While undoubtedly creative, it all strikes me as being a bit too clever for its own good.

In the case of the Evergreens, the design of the primary mark and "twig-with-a-twig" secondary just don't measure up to the level of the work you've generated elsewhere throughout these first four team identity packages. The primary mark just seems a bit pedestrian when measured by the standard we've come to expect from you, while the secondary in question strikes me as being a concept that likely works better in theory than in execution. Meanwhile, the squirrel logo is terrific work, but strikes me as being too "minor league" in feel to serve as anything beyond a secondary for an NHL franchise.

As always, a joy to follow your concept series, Sparky. I'm looking forward to seeing how this progresses as you introduce the remaining identity packages.

On 2/19/2018 at 9:01 PM, Zeus89725 said:

tenor.gif

Also your signature is relevant right now.

I assumed you were joking with the "misspelling" of favorite and just made more than a bit of a goofy post after that.  If you were joking I apologize for going a bit overboard in adding a bunch of word spelled like Canadians do (and Americans don't).

If you weren't joking, U.S. spelling isn't the only spelling of the English language and since the original poster who posted the concepts is Canadian my signature certainly is relevant but not to myself.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

9 hours ago, greyraven8 said:

I assumed you were joking with the "misspelling" of favorite and just made more than a bit of a goofy post after that.  If you were joking I apologize for going a bit overboard in adding a bunch of word spelled like Canadians do (and Americans don't).

If you weren't joking, U.S. spelling isn't the only spelling of the English language and since the original poster who posted the concepts is Canadian my signature certainly is relevant but not to myself.

No it was a jouke. Sourry about the miscoummunication.

On 2/19/2018 at 7:33 PM, SplashBoogie said:

I'm sticking with the Metropolitans as my favorite but the Pilots definitely give them a run for their money. Maybe I just like art deco?

I'm cold on the Evergreens and Sawbucks reminds me of the Pokemon so I wouldn't be able to take the team seriously in real life.

I was thinking the same thing with the Evergreens and Sawbucks, though the Sawbucks identity is my favorite out of the current designs shown, I couldn't take a team called that seriously. 

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

6 hours ago, CodeG said:

I was thinking the same thing with the Evergreens and Sawbucks, though the Sawbucks identity is my favorite out of the current designs shown, I couldn't take a team called that seriously. 

I dunno, I'm about to go "all in" on the Sawbucks' bandwagon. I agree we perhaps SHOULDN'T take a team called that seriously, but didn't that go out the window when the NHL named a team after a youth team in an Emilio Estevez movie?

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, dakotapalm said:

I dunno, I'm about to go "all in" on the Sawbucks' bandwagon. I agree we perhaps SHOULDN'T take a team called that seriously, but didn't that go out the window when the NHL named a team after a youth team in an Emilio Estevez movie?

giphy.gif

It was the 90s. There were a lot of questionable branding decisions.

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

5 hours ago, Midwest_surfer said:

I mean just in this picture there are eggplant helmets and stripes that point behind the collar for no reason

Don't forget the red gloves...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived