Bagel

YouTube Video Logos

Hey everyone. I have a YouTube channel where I post fan recap videos (think Steve Dangle) for the Chicago Blackhawks. I have two types of videos:

Hawks Recap - game recaps

CReBODv.jpg

Hawkie Talkie - where I recap Blackhawks/NHL news and other hockey stuff

E9CpWDz.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the logo I created for the Hawks Recap videos but the logo I created for Hawkie Talkie seems lacking. I'm a developer, not a designer, so I'd love to get feedback from you guys.

Thanks!

The first one's fine, but the second one is a bit much.  The H needs more definition with serifs so it's a bit clearer to deduce, but I get what you're going for.  Needs something to give it a Blackhawks flavor, too.

Agreed, it's not an easy read. 

Are you opposed to just going with a system? The HR logo is basic, but nice. Why not just do the same thing for HT?

@CS85 I'll see what I can come up with to define the letters a bit more and add a bit more Blackhawks-ness to it.

@DDR I thought about a system-like approach but I want these two logos to be easily distinguishable from each other especially since they'll be displayed in video thumbnails. I want to try and give them their own unique feel.

I like it, but it looks like it says "FT" to me. I'd try to use the same style of lettering as the first one so it kind of ties it all together. The walkie-talkie shape idea is a good one, it just needs a little more refinement.

Kinda went a different route with this next iteration as I was hitting roadblocks with the other.

DuWiPh5.jpg

Thanks for all the feedback so far. Keep it coming!

This reads better as an HT, but the first one reads a little better as a walkie talkie.  I would be interested to see how the interlocking letters look with rounded corners (i.e., something of a combination of the first and last versions).

Maybe a lower case h and t could work?

I like the last version of the HT logo first too, but would agree that I'm nto sure how well it reads as a walkie talkie.

What about something along these lines (did a 5 second mockup in Paint since it probably would be hard to illustrate through words)?

4WKeT7xXcSJyceHKhGSxb8lMqp-Zu5QXridIv6t6