Denver Broncos Logo Refresh *2/8 = Overhauled (Less Realism, more Design)

hettinger_rl

7 minutes ago, stumpygremlin said:

The size of the D versus the size of the horse are off. The D looks too big relative to the horse, which makes the horse inside look too small. It gets worse because the horse's head and legs look too big for the body.

That said, I like where you're going.

This was an observation I was concerned about. It's not that the horse is "small" compared to the D or "Large" compared to other body parts, so much as that part of it's body is blocked by the left side of the D. The old logo looked terribly mal-nurished because they just tried to keep the horse's back away from the left side rather than deal with this kind of issue. Horses rarely get so vertical as the old logo suggests. My horse is in a more natural pose. So without the visual information of the horse's back your eye may see the vertical part of the D and interpret it as the horse's back.

latest?cb=2011020502064029oshn6.jpg

wild-horses-01-615.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

I love the D keep it, the jaw seems a little too circular and large like a squirrel with nuts in its mouth id suggest reducing the blue shadow on that. Also the eye seems too proportional as well. It has a very realistic size. Enlarging the eye a tad to give it a more logo like feel will definitely help.

On 2/2/2018 at 4:04 PM, CreamSoda said:

If you look at the image you posted, that horse on the left resembles the actual D/horse logo much more than your logo does. 

The horse is straight up vertical....

I disagree:

29mniuu.jpg15ft6js.jpg29pya20.jpg

It has more verticality than mine but not as much as the classic broncos mark. You have to look at where the spine is directed.

Not gonna lie, this is probably the only time I've ever was less than stunned at your designs. IMO, your horse reminds me of a more of a Shetland pony than it does a bronco, and I think the western-style D is a bit too T H I C C for my tastes, at least compared to the horse.

On 2/2/2018 at 9:55 PM, llfhockey said:

I love the D keep it, the jaw seems a little too circular and large like a squirrel with nuts in its mouth id suggest reducing the blue shadow on that. Also the eye seems too proportional as well. It has a very realistic size. Enlarging the eye a tad to give it a more logo like feel will definitely help.

On 2/3/2018 at 8:10 AM, Zeus89725 said:

The D is perfect, but yeah, the body of the horse is too small. That's the only change that really needs to be made here. Other than that, it's perfect.

Made a few adjustments:

Old                                                                             New

29oshn6.jpg 2jf7yq.jpg 9gcas9.jpg

Decided to add a white border to the D. Should it also be on the inside of the D or not?

wikear.jpg   fkxjlf.jpg

Despite the photo reference, in your logo the horse feels like it's falling forward. Stuck somewhere between jumping through the D and standing tall in it. You can fix it in a number of ways, your choice. Either 1) :censored: the head back a bit to make it more clear that it's upright and intends to be upright, 2) rotate the entire body back so that it's standing straight up like in the original, or 3) give it a more forward motion so that it appears to be jumping through the D. 

I love the Western D. It looks like it would fit with the Broncos' pre-1997 script logo. However, while the OG Bronco-through-the-D was too vertical, yours didn't look vertical enough, at first. It looks better with the adjustments you've made, to the point where I don't even notice the former issue with verticality.

15 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

The mane needs a trim, then looks great

Its a bronco, not a show pony. ;)

2 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

As usual, each update has this looking better and better. What would the horse look like with an orange mane?

21j7n7q.jpg

Gets lost in the D.

16 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

I like it a lot. I wonder if it would still look good without the shading: right now it seems a tad too complex.

r22hk9.jpg 35de329.jpg

It works out ok, but seems too bland.

Archived