Patriot uniforms

verno

going to guess it has to do with the size, cut, and tailoring of the jerseys. note this was on some of the smaller players, not the big uglies. its instances like this when you might have to say these jerseys were a solution for a different problem of a different day and is now time to evolve. maybe that means just putting the TV numbers on the sleeves instead of shoulders, but if you care about such things as uniformity, aesthetics, maybe even practicality (does this make the numbers harder to read?) its not an acceptable design

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

The inserts start off the same width until they get tailored. Gronk asked for a smaller insert, Butler asked to bring in the yoke. 

I don't think that's accurate.. Gronk has different sleeves and cuffs than Butler, which would suggest a different cut altogether

4 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

I bet it's all about jersey size. They make one size patches, but not one size jerseys. Oh well.

I think it's this simple. Every player's number is the same size, but their jerseys aren't so the biggest player on the Patriots will have more shoulder real estate to fit the number than a smaller dude like Danny Amendola.

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

I don't think that's accurate.. Gronk has different sleeves and cuffs than Butler, which would suggest a different cut altogether

The cuffs would be different based on if they asked for open, skill and athletic cut. Then depending on who made changes to the uniform will explain why the sleeves get put back together differently, especially if there's an insert of elastic material into the sleeves. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The cuffs would be different based on if they asked for open, skill and athletic cut. Then depending on who made changes to the uniform will explain why the sleeves get put back together differently, especially if there's an insert of elastic material into the sleeves. 

I understand that.. And I'm saying the two jerseys pictured are different cuts.. Gronk's is the skill cut, and the other is the more popular lineman cut.. The evidence is in the sleeve, cuff, and obviously the shoulder insert.. We have 2 NFL jerseys framed in our head coach's office of former players.. One is a Seahawks skill cut Ron Parker jersey, and the other is a Vikings lineman cut Ed Robinson jersey.. There's a clear difference, and I think that's the primary cause for the Patriots' shoulder stripe issues

1 minute ago, WavePunter said:

I understand that.. And I'm saying the two jerseys pictured are different cuts.. Gronk's is the skill cut, and the other is the more popular lineman cut.. The evidence is in the sleeve, cuff, and obviously the shoulder insert.. We have 2 NFL jerseys framed in our head coach's office of former players.. One is a Seahawks skill cut Ron Parker jersey, and the other is a Vikings lineman cut Ed Robinson jersey.. There's a clear difference, and I think that's the primary cause for the Patriots' shoulder stripe issues

I agree, the insert should have started with the same amount of material but the jerseys cuts will still influence how much has to be taken out when fitting the jerseys. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived