MLB City Edition Series by Pinch Designer (Yankees 30/30)

Carolingian Steamroller

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Continuing the series with Tampa.

Another flag-inspired design. This time, the uniform is heavily inspired by the St. Petersburg flag. I decided to go for a sleeveless jersey, trying to reflect the warm weather of Florida.

As for the script, I decided to use only "Tampa", since I've never been a fan of the "Tampa Bay" wordmark.
Oh, and thanks to @MJD7for helping me out with the cap design!

mnKBNZh.png

So you go with the Flag of St Pete for inspiration but, specify the City of Tampa on the jersey, in which the team doesnt play in Tampa (yet)?  Interesting theory, but the execution is good.  I think the hat could be a solid color rather than crazy panels.

12 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

So you go with the Flag of St Pete for inspiration but, specify the City of Tampa on the jersey, in which the team doesnt play in Tampa (yet)?  Interesting theory, but the execution is good.  I think the hat could be a solid color rather than crazy panels.

Is there a downloadable version of the Rays' "TAMPA BAY" font available anywhere? If so, maybe Victormrey could try to whip up a "ST. PETE" wordmark to use instead. 

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Is there a downloadable version of the Rays' "TAMPA BAY" font available anywhere? If so, maybe Victormrey could try to whip up a "ST. PETE" wordmark to use instead. 

I believe it might be Kuenstler 480 Black.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

Here's another AL East team in the meantime, coming today with the Boston Red Sox:

Having visited Boston a few years ago, I can safely say it’s one of my favorite cities I’ve been to, with its abundance of history, attractions, and beautiful summer weather. With Fenway Park having such a large presence in the city, I decided to base this design off of the Green Monster. This time I used the lighter green (as opposed to forest from my past designs) and lots of white much like the Monster itself. An early concept used the pattern of the Monster’s wall sort of like the Celtics, but that was a bit too much. The sleeve stripe is inspired by @SFGiants58's wonderful Red Sox set.

RMNs4W7.png

On 23/2/2018 at 3:45 PM, AstroBull21 said:

My idea was to use St. Petersburg colours, where Tropicana Field is located, but keeping the team's current name.

As suggested by @coco1997 and using the font named by @itsmb8, here's how the "St. Pete" script looks like:
unknown.png

Should I go for it?

Next up is the Padres.

The color scheme is taken from the classic '70s-'80s Padres. The script is a reworking of the script of the Gaslamp Quarter of San Diego which is adjacent to Petco Park and one of the big entertainment centers of the city. The sleeve patch is the "All-American City" shield that once emblazoned the helmets of the Chargers. 

1K69v59.png

Let's continue the series with Cleveland.

This design is the result of the collaboration of the whole group. We wanted to combine the classy look of the Hope Memorial Bridge and its Guardians of Transportations with a colourful scheme, inspired by the Cuyahoga River and its tendency to catch fire.

Special thanks to @SFGiants58 for letting us use his amazing Guardian logo for the cap!

wf5Xo0C.png

Archived