MLB City Edition Series by Pinch Designer (Yankees 30/30)

Carolingian Steamroller

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's team is the Royals.

The Royals honor the most storied franchise in Negro National League history with a uniform style and colors echoing those of the Kansas City Monarchs. As KC is often referred to as the “Heart of America,” (the city is located near the geographic center of the U.S. mainland) a crowned version of the popular heart logo appears on both the cap and uniform sleeve. Many thanks to @BigRed618 for allowing me to use his KC heart logo from his Royals redesign.

hJkQLh8.png

Since my beloved Mariners announced Ichiro is returning, I'm posting Seattle today.

I decided to use "Emerald City", which is the city's main nickname. Using this as a main colour, I added brown, inspired by the famous coffee industry of coffee shops of the city, and off-white, to create a more balanced look. Also, I added the base of the Space Needle on the sleeves, using its top as cap crown.

FV3hpYJ.png

This one’s pretty simple. Much like the Rockies’ current BP cap, this design goes all-in with the famous Colorado flag. The sleeves showcase the mountains from the similarly stylized Denver city flag. The undershirt, belt, and socks are red to brighten up the uniform a little bit. Comment below what you think!

6PhMvs8.jpg

Let's start the week with the Texas Rangers.

The Ballpark at Arlington is roughly halfway between Dallas and Ft. Worth while being just a stone's throw away from the Jerry-Dome. So for the Rangers we went with a Cowboys theme based on their "Little Giants" uniforms which they've used for Thanksgiving games and as the base of their Color Rush uniforms. Silver and navy replace royal blue and red and a three stripe 1-2-1 pattern. The script and numbers use an outlined 3D effect based on the old Washington Senators. 

gc5ybvh.png

My favorites so far:

- Baltimore

- White Sox

- Minneapolis

- Detroit

- Toronto

- Washington

- San Diego

- Philly

- Cleveland, mark 2 (on p. 5)

- Colorado

Big fan of the series, and you really nail the looks for these. Awesome series.

spacer.png

Today's the Diamondbacks turn.

I decided to use Claret and Cream as colours, inspired by the Phoenix flag. Instead of using their current "Arizona" script, I designed a "PHX" one, using their font style. The top front of the jersey, as well as the pants and socks feature a striped gradient, inspired by the Sunrise from the Arizona State flag.

fyYjZDH.png

On 2/20/2018 at 11:13 PM, coco1997 said:

Up next, the Blue Jays.

From @Paul Lucas: Ô Canada!!! That was the idea behind this concept for “Canada’s Team.”  Actually, it’s pretty much the Toronto city flag. This design features a zippered front and the ‘Toronto’ script reminiscent of the 1952 Toronto Maple Leafs road uniform, thanks to @Discrimihater.

6ZySgw2.png 

I like the use of the city flag, and the homage to the Maple Leafs Baseball Team, but no reference to "the 6ix" or "T-dot"?

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Today we have the North Siders. 

The flag of Chicago is pretty much ubiquitous across the whole city. It's on buttons, bags, t-shirts, coffee mugs, signage and anything else bought or sold. It's easy to see why with its striking sky blue (standing for lake and river) and four bright red, six-pointed stars (standing for four major events in city history). It's almost a cliche. 

We taken that theme for the Cubs. The classic cubbie face is interposed onto a red star for the cap and sleeve patch. The 1931 script is used for jersey with four stars on the opposite panel. Since the original 1931 logo was only on one side of the jersey, it was appropriate to repeat the effect but with a twist. We took advantage of the crossed placket to snag some extra space for the "Cubs" script by putting piping on only one side of the placket inspired by a Hanshin Tigers throwback. The numbers are a cleaned up version of the 76 White Sox font to best match the 1931 Cubs script. 

nxg5mux.png

On 2/27/2018 at 3:19 PM, Victormrey said:

Let's continue the series with Cleveland.

This design is the result of the collaboration of the whole group. We wanted to combine the classy look of the Hope Memorial Bridge and its Guardians of Transportations with a colourful scheme, inspired by the Cuyahoga River and its tendency to catch fire.

Special thanks to @SFGiants58 for letting us use his amazing Guardian logo for the cap!

wf5Xo0C.png

Fantastic - much better than the non-gradient version. That script says "2003-10 Cavaliers" to me, which isn't a bad thing and is very much a city thing.

On 3/1/2018 at 2:24 PM, Victormrey said:

After such a great turnaround for the Phillies, it's time for Cincinnati, another design inspired by the city flag. This time, I wanted to combine the flag's classy "C" with one of the club's older uniforms, so I decided to use the famous sleeveless jersey. Also, to top off the design, I decided to add the three waves from the flag on the socks.

PapnKcu.png

If this said "Reds" somewhere on it, I would want a whole set based on it...heck, I kind of do anyway!

Angels are up today.

The symbolism from this set comes mostly from the colors. The periwinkle base comes from Disneyland being a main attraction in Anaheim, the orange comes from Orange County, and pastel yellow is used as an accent. Overall the combo creates a very angelic scheme, inspired by @Bruins‘ set for the Angels. The sleeves have the PCL Angels’ unique striping, the jersey reads “Anaheim” across the front to accomodate for the removal of it from the official name. The cap has @SFGiants58‘s Orange County logo, and the sleeves have the classic California logo. 

zKQns7x.jpg

Archived