Jump to content

The New XFL


LeeTraylor
 Share

Recommended Posts

Great work so far on the New XFL project. By the way, I have some locations to consider for your 8th team (or for possible expansion).

 

  • Albuquerque, NM (Dreamstyle Stadium)
  • Annapolis, MD (Navy-Marine Corps Stadium)
  • Birmingham, AL (Legion Field or New Stadium at BJCC)
  • Blacksburg, VA (Lane Stadium)
  • Charlottesville, VA (Scott Stadium)
  • Corvallis, OR (Reser Stadium)
  • Des Moines/Ames, IA (Jack Trice Stadium)
  • Eugene, OR (Autzen Stadium)
  • Huntington, WV (Joan C. Edwards Stadium)
  • Jackson, MS (Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium or New Jackson State Stadium)
  • Lawrence, KS (David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium)
  • Little Rock, AR (War Memorial Stadium)
  • Louisville, KY (Papa John's Cardinal Stadium)
  • Memphis, TN (Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium)
  • Morgantown, WV (Milan Puskar Stadium)
  • New Brunswick/Piscataway, NJ (High Point Solutions Stadium)
  • Orlando, FL (Camping World Stadium or Spectrum Stadium)
  • Raleigh, NC (Carter-Finley Stadium)
  • Reno, NV (Mackay Stadium)
  • Salt Lake City, UT (Rice-Eccles Stadium)
  • Shreveport, LA (Independence Stadium)
  • Stillwater, OK (Boone Pickens Stadium)
  • Syracuse, NY (Carrier Dome)
  • Tucson, AZ (Arizona Stadium)
  • West Point, NY (Michie Stadium)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JH42XCC said:

Great work so far on the New XFL project. By the way, I have some locations to consider for your 8th team (or for possible expansion).

 

  • Albuquerque, NM (Dreamstyle Stadium)
  • Annapolis, MD (Navy-Marine Corps Stadium)
  • Birmingham, AL (Legion Field or New Stadium at BJCC)
  • Blacksburg, VA (Lane Stadium)
  • Charlottesville, VA (Scott Stadium)
  • Corvallis, OR (Reser Stadium)
  • Des Moines/Ames, IA (Jack Trice Stadium)
  • Eugene, OR (Autzen Stadium)
  • Huntington, WV (Joan C. Edwards Stadium)
  • Jackson, MS (Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium or New Jackson State Stadium)
  • Lawrence, KS (David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium)
  • Little Rock, AR (War Memorial Stadium)
  • Louisville, KY (Papa John's Cardinal Stadium)
  • Memphis, TN (Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium)
  • Morgantown, WV (Milan Puskar Stadium)
  • New Brunswick/Piscataway, NJ (High Point Solutions Stadium)
  • Orlando, FL (Camping World Stadium or Spectrum Stadium)
  • Raleigh, NC (Carter-Finley Stadium)
  • Reno, NV (Mackay Stadium)
  • Salt Lake City, UT (Rice-Eccles Stadium)
  • Shreveport, LA (Independence Stadium)
  • Stillwater, OK (Boone Pickens Stadium)
  • Syracuse, NY (Carrier Dome)
  • Tucson, AZ (Arizona Stadium)
  • West Point, NY (Michie Stadium)

 

Interesting selections.

 

I wonder why the WLAF and other leagues never tried Albuquerque.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, neo_prankster said:

 

Interesting selections.

 

I wonder why the WLAF and other leagues never tried Albuquerque.

Someone did actually, the PSFL(back in '92) had a team ready to go in NM, they were to be called the New Mexico Rattlesnakes. The PSFL was to be a spring summer league, they had 10 teams ready to go, even one in Utah(Pioneers)!!. the bottom fell out about 2 weeks before play was to begin. The league made it a point to sign at least 3-4 recognizable names per team plus some of their coaches were well known names at that time (for example Walt Michaels(ex Jet, USFL's Generals) in Tampa, Darrell Rogers(ex-DET Lion_) in Arkansas). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, mkg74 said:

Someone did actually, the PSFL(back in '92) had a team ready to go in NM, they were to be called the New Mexico Rattlesnakes. The PSFL was to be a spring summer league, they had 10 teams ready to go, even one in Utah(Pioneers)!!. the bottom fell out about 2 weeks before play was to begin. The league made it a point to sign at least 3-4 recognizable names per team plus some of their coaches were well known names at that time (for example Walt Michaels(ex Jet, USFL's Generals) in Tampa, Darrell Rogers(ex-DET Lion_) in Arkansas). 

 

I wonder if a NM team would have to front load their home games, I mean have the bulk of their home schedule in the early part of the season to beat the heat. Would that make sense?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Seemed well balanced on the schedule. Granted, Albuquerque is no Phoenix weatherwise however They were to have 4 games in May at home lol just as it was heating up(supposedly Albuquerque averages 93 degrees a day in May)

 

Here's a link below to a  website called Remember the PSFL...They have Rosters,Schedules,Helmets(!!!!) and other info

 

https://sites.google.com/site/rememberthepsfl/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, mkg74 said:

 

Seemed well balanced on the schedule. They were to have 4 games in June at home lol

 

Here's a link below to a  website called Remember the PSFL...They have Rosters,Schedules,Helmets(!!!!) and other info

 

https://sites.google.com/site/rememberthepsfl/

 

Pretty interesting that Arena Football legend Barry Wagner almost played outdoor ball in the PSFL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, neo_prankster said:

 

Pretty interesting that Arena Football legend Barry Wagner almost played outdoor ball in the PSFL.

Yes, This league was to be a USFL part 2 without the mistakes the USFL made, take things slow.

It's a Bummer the WLAF and or PSFL never took flight, seems people want spring ball more than ever, well its like they fookin had it at one time lol...people were just too brainwashed  for the NFL, but to it's credit the NFL was a much better product back then than the albatross we have now....imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mkg74 said:

Yes, This league was to be a USFL part 2 without the mistakes the USFL made, take things slow.

It's a Bummer the WLAF and or PSFL never took flight, seems people want spring ball more than ever, well its like they fookin had it at one time lol...people were just too brainwashed  for the NFL, but to it's credit the NFL was a much better product back then than the albatross we have now....imo

 

That reminds me. I've been thinking about doing an Alternate History of the WLAF on the Sports Fan Fiction forum but I don't know where to start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

 

That reminds me. I've been thinking about doing an Alternate History of the WLAF on the Sports Fan Fiction forum but I don't know where to start.

That would be great, i would suggest continuing in '93 as if it was thriving and go from there....alot of endless possibilities the real WLAF had there, too bad it failed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In case you're looking to expand to other international cities, here are some suggestions:

 

  • Adelaide, Australia (Adelaide Oval)
  • Amsterdam, Netherlands (Johan Cruyff ArenA)
  • Auckland, New Zealand (Eden Park)
  • Barcelona, Spain (Estadi Olimpic Lluis Companys)
  • Brisbane, Australia (Lang Park)
  • Brussels, Belgium (King Baudouin Stadium)
  • Cape Town, South Africa (Cape Town Stadium or Newlands Stadium)
  • Cologne, Germany (RheinEnergieStadion)
  • Dublin, Ireland (Aviva Stadium)
  • Durban, South Africa (Kings Park Stadium or Moses Mabhida Stadium)
  • Dusseldorf, Germany (Esprit Arena)
  • Frankfurt, Germany (Commerzbank-Arena)
  • Glasgow, Scotland (Hampden Park)
  • Greater Tokyo Area, Japan (Ajinomoto Stadium, Tokyo Dome, Saitama Stadium 2002, or Saitama Super Arena)
  • Hamburg, Germany (Volksparkstadion)
  • Hong Kong, China (Hong Kong Stadium)
  • Istanbul, Turkey (Sukru Saracoglu Stadium, Turk Telekom Stadium, or Vodafone Park)
  • Johannesburg, South Africa (Ellis Park Stadium or Johannesburg Stadium)
  • London, England (London Stadium or New Stadium at Northumberland Park)
  • Madrid, Spain (Wanda Metropolitano)
  • Manchester, England (City of Manchester Stadium or Old Trafford)
  • Melbourne, Australia (Docklands Stadium or Melbourne Rectangular Stadium)
  • Monterrey, Mexico (Estadio Universitario or Estadio BBVA Bancomer)
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada (Stade Olympique)
  • Moscow, Russia (Otkritie Arena)
  • Naples, Italy (Stadio San Paolo)
  • New Delhi, India (Dr. Ambedkar Stadium)
  • Nuremberg, Germany (Max-Morlock-Stadion)
  • Osaka-Kobe, Japan (Nagai Stadium, Osaka Dome, Universiade Memorial Stadium, or Misaki Park Stadium)
  • Paris, France (Parc des Princes)
  • Perth, Australia (Perth Stadium)
  • Port Elizabeth, South Africa (Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium)
  • Pretoria, South Africa (Loftus Versfeld Stadium)
  • Rome, Italy (Stadio Olimpico)
  • Rotterdam, Netherlands (De Kuip)
  • Seoul Capital Area, South Korea (Asiad Stadium, Incheon Munhak Stadium, or Goyang Stadium)
  • Stockholm/Solna, Sweden (Friends Arena)
  • Sydney, Australia (Sydney Football Stadium)
  • Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Rogers Centre or BMO Field)
  • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (BC Place Stadium)
  • Vienna, Austria (Ernst Happel Stadion)

 

Edited by JH42XCC
New cities and stadium options added
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:32 PM, neo_prankster said:

 

Interesting selections.

 

I wonder why the WLAF and other leagues never tried Albuquerque.

 

It's interesting that many of these leagues did not try Albuquerque, and yet continuously tried Memphis, Birmingham and Las Vegas, although Vegas is no longer going to be a part of that.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.