PyeongChang 2018

KDubK414

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, LMU said:

Made all the better thanks to the tweet being created by a guy who shares a name with someone who signed the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. #Murica

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

10 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

So, how about them Germans? Who would of thought that it would be them against 'Russia' in the Men's Ice Hockey Gold Medal Game?

Was up watching the game. Canada came out a bit lethargic and Germany was incredibly opportunistic and the bounces went their way. After up 4-1, I though Canada would win after Germany basically went into a shell just hoping to hang on. Still got the penalty shot. Though, for Germany, 2 minutes of killing the clock on the power play probably would have worked better and been the better result.

Makes the Men's game a bit less interesting. I mean, can Germany do it again? OAR has played well and a Canada-Russia matchup seemed destined to happen. Oh well.

Will Canada win Bronze? Women's hockey loses gold, women's curling doesn't qualify and men's curling goes out thanks to Team USA and then whiffs on the Bronze. And now Men's Hockey is in a stupor going after the Czech Republic for Bronze. Will they lay an egg, too?

2 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

Was up watching the game. Canada came out a bit lethargic and Germany was incredibly opportunistic and the bounces went their way. After up 4-1, I though Canada would win after Germany basically went into a shell just hoping to hang on. Still got the penalty shot. Though, for Germany, 2 minutes of killing the clock on the power play probably would have worked better and been the better result.

Makes the Men's game a bit less interesting. I mean, can Germany do it again? OAR has played well and a Canada-Russia matchup seemed destined to happen. Oh well.

Will Canada win Bronze? Women's hockey loses gold, women's curling doesn't qualify and men's curling goes out thanks to Team USA and then whiffs on the Bronze. And now Men's Hockey is in a stupor going after the Czech Republic for Bronze. Will they lay an egg, too?

What's funny is that outside of hockey and curling, Canada is having one of its best olympics ever. But because they failed in the two sports they care about most, it probably won't be looked at as such.

spacer.png

An interesting statistic...

NBC is (already) reporting that 77,000 people live streamed the USA-Sweden curling final, which had a start time of 1:35 a.m. here on the U.S. east coast.

Traditionally, live streaming audiences tend to represent about 2% of the overall viewing audience for sports events.  If this holds true in this case, it means that the gold medal game drew between 3.5 and 4 million U.S. viewers in total.  Or about half of what Game 7 of the 2011 Stanley Cup Final drew - in primetime.

Those would be some impressive numbers.

nav-logo.png

3 hours ago, Mac the Knife said:

An interesting statistic...

NBC is (already) reporting that 77,000 people live streamed the USA-Sweden curling final, which had a start time of 1:35 a.m. here on the U.S. east coast.

Traditionally, live streaming audiences tend to represent about 2% of the overall viewing audience for sports events.  If this holds true in this case, it means that the gold medal game drew between 3.5 and 4 million U.S. viewers in total.  Or about half of what Game 7 of the 2011 Stanley Cup Final drew - in primetime.

Those would be some impressive numbers.

I was live streaming it while in bed because I don't have TV in my bedroom. So if there's others like me, the numbers may be a little off.

Congrats to the US curling team though. Unfortunately I fell asleep and missed the second half of the match, only to wake up right when they were awarded their medals. I have a feeling these guys are going to be everywhere over the next few months.

spacer.png

10 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

Unfortunately, Deutschland is just going to have to be happy accepting their gold medal by default once the "Russian" team is found guilty of doping. 

and if that is the case, null and void the whole tournament (make everyone return there medals).  might be a way to stop doping.  

so long and thanks for all the fish.

On 2/22/2018 at 1:59 AM, Silent Wind of Doom said:

So, they play "Born in the USA" for the win.  Not the best choice, but it got me thinking...  What were they going to play for the Canadians?

"Tom Sawyer" if they won in regulation, "Takin' Care of Business" in the event they worked overtime.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

OAR won the Olympic Gold Medal in men's hockey. I missed the game. Did they play any music or raise some sort of flag? I know they can't have the russian stuff so what did they use?

They used OAR. Looooooooove me, faaaaster than the devil

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

OAR won the Olympic Gold Medal in men's hockey. I missed the game. Did they play any music or raise some sort of flag? I know they can't have the russian stuff so what did they use?

They played the Olympic anthem and raised a white flag with the Olympic rings on it, but the players sang the Russian anthem.

Archived