NFL concepts based off of ridiculous Internet rumors (Falcons, Panthers added)

RO_

On 2/20/2018 at 11:39 PM, JViking5 said:

The Titans uniforms are well done but the color combo is just awful. The gray numbers on the red jerseys just hurt!

Yeah those are tough to read, though when I first starting making these I tried adhering to the rumors as closely as possible, which stated silver numbers/blue stroke (it also said red numbers/blue stroke for the silver alt but it looked even worse). I'll be updating the Titans later.

3 hours ago, Dan O'Mac said:

As far as the Jaguars goes... no. There does not need to be sublimated jaguar spots. So many people have done that on these boards, and they're "minor league" to me. It's an attention grab at the expense of a good look.

I agree, for some reason the jaguar spots always look off to me. I thought about adding them to this concept but decided to keep it pretty tame, since word on the street the new unis will be more conservative.

Alright, two more teams!

Dallas Cowboys

The rumor: C H R O M E

I remember this image was floating around for a bit:

284d5c1781089aea4e3b8096389641b1.jpg

and many thought these were the new Cowboy duds, so I used elements from this for mine. Chrome helmet, sublimated stars on the sleeves, silver strokes on the numbers. Like the Broncos I used colors from the past that are sort of an in between to the two shades of silver and blue they currently use (silver is more of a silver/blue, and the blue is a dark royal, not quite navy). Although in a bit of irony because the helmet is chrome it still doesn't really match. Silver alt and the color rush stays the same.

Had a hell of a time getting the chrome effect to look right so I finally broke down and downloaded a free layer style from giallo86 on deviantart. Link

1vFuH1c.png

WCapy12.png

sDET7aF.png

Qqasnto.png

Las Vegas Raiders

The rumor: Gold accents

Some rumor popped up stating the Raiders will be adding gold outlines to the numbers and logo as well as the helmet/pant stripes. They used gold way back in the day so why not? I tried using Vegas gold (cause ya know, Las Vegas Raiders and all) but it didn't look very good so I tried something a little brighter, closer to those Colorado throwbacks.

In addition to the gold, added a wordmark on the chest to differentiate this set from the ones worn in Oakland. Gold alt jersey added. Color rush is still the whiteout with all the gold removed, and added black to the pant stripe to match the rest

jM67yRj.png

DTQiddK.png

zLhIzI1.png

Alright, who's next?

So, the other night while figuring out who to do next I had an idea to make this Dolphins concept even more 'Miami'. Let's keep orange in the palette as a logo-only color and do something like this with the sun:

yjpqhKi.png

0e3VYqF.png

DWc0o2H.png

Thoughts?

On 2/23/2018 at 2:38 PM, ATolly66 said:

If you want to go crazy, you could make the entire helmet in the style of the fading sun. 

Hey there's an idea, maybe for some crazy alt

Just a small update tweaking the Dolphins and Titans slightly (added the alts in spoilers to reduce clutter):

Z0LZVo1.png

Spoiler

Tp2k0LN.png

jrI3HbU.png

eTlTDfq.png

Spoiler

6bEvOM4.png

6t6xnLP.png

hknpEiI.png

bMqspkX.png

Alright, next team up is:

Green Bay Packers

The rumor: The 1994 uniform update

I guess this one is less ridiculous internet rumor and more of scrapped redesign. So apparently in 1993 then-GM Ron Wolf proposed a uniform update for the Packers that would have replaced their current yellow gold with a darker, metallic shade. According to this these new unis would have had no stripes anywhere, logos on the sleeves, and gold outlines on the numbers. I mocked it up without stripes and wasn't crazy about it, so this is what I ended up with. Added white pants as an alt, kept the navy throwback, and added a green color rush

aY7SH36.png

Alts:

Spoiler

oBaCUeb.png

4ZLRjdl.png

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I like it. I'd be curious to see an alternative history when the metallic gold switch actually happened. 

Y'know it's funny, I actually had three different versions and wasn't sure which one to go with, but looking at them together it does sort of look like a faux-alternate history:

BKD99Mw.png

m80VSod.png

rRDS8pY.png

On 2/28/2018 at 12:43 PM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Falcons with the addition of gold trim 

Sure, here we go:

Atlanta Falcons

The rumor: return of the throwback, new uniforms for the new stadium

This one may be a bit of a stretch as I wasn't able to find a lot on the Falcons when it comes to uniform rumors. But before unveiling their current alt they teased the return of a throwback, and I also seem to remember that they might update their uniforms alongside the new stadium, so let's combine those two.

This is a bit of an update to an old concept I made a while ago that's sort of a modern update on their red helmeted throwbacks. Red helmet returns, with a black primary jersey. Gold also returns as an accent color. The alt is still a throwback and the color rush is red.

Ra7LT92.png

Alts:

Spoiler

xPTqv9M.png

MLKh2I9.png

dp9xLBo.png

I have another team done as well:

Carolina Panthers

The rumor: New owner, new uniforms?

I believe owner Jerry Richardson said that as long as he owned the team, the uniforms would never change. But now that he plans to sell the team it seems almost inevitable that they will. Reading through the wonderful Jaguars rumor thread I feel like the recent mockups that have been popping up would be a decent look for the Panthers, with a few tweaks. I know black helmets/tapered pointy stripes for the Panthers is a bit of a cliche at this point but I think it fits the theme of this concept series pretty well.

Black helmet/uniforms with Carolina blue accents, silver only remains in the logo and as an outline on the numbers. Carolina blue alt, blue pants are an option with all three jerseys now, and the color rush is silver:

km6Zq9D.png

Alts:

Spoiler

LGyKLmY.png

uIqIEGO.png

lxUOZyv.png

5nFZx1T.png

Archived