2 in one stadia idea in Minnesota

DaytonBlue

I was researching something the other day and wanted to look at this site I saw a long time ago. It had this proposal to build one stadium in Minnesota for both the Vikings and Twins, but it would actually be two stadia, with one roof that moved back and forth. The stadia would also share luxury seating and concourses, similiar to the Marlins now almost dead proposal to build a baseball stadium onto the orange bowl. The site also had a depiction of what reliant stadium and minute maid park in houston would look like if they were done in this manner. If any of you have heard of this site, please let me know where it is, and if this should be in the request, my apologizes. It's not for a logo so I thought'd it'd go here.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

The Marlins stadium proposal is near dead?Last that I heard of it was when someone on here posted just a couple of months ago and said it was pretty much a done deal and that ground could break as early as November.If you have any updated word on this I'd love to hear it as I'm really interested in them getting a new stadium.

98Falcons.png

It had this proposal to build one stadium in Minnesota for both the Vikings and Twins, but it would actually be two stadia, with one roof that moved back and forth.

That proposal is very similar to the original design of the Truman Sports Complex in KC. The two stadiums were to have a rolling roof that would rest between them when neither was in use and slide to the appropriate one when needed. It is said that the only reason that it didn't happen was a construction strike caused cost overruns that made the idea too expensive. Just goes to show how far ahead of there time that the stadium planners actually were.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

The Marlins stadium deal come closer to being done when the auctioned off the Miami Arena, which was part of the funding deal. They will try for the 30 mil again in the spring. But with a majority Republican house they deal should go through, and a credible source has told me there is a plan B in place. The city has to cross the t's and dot the i's on certain issues. Groundbreaking could begin in spring of 2005. The stadium will have an aquarium and a entertainment atrium. The stadium's target date for opening could be moved to 2008.

The Orange Bowl conjoined stadium idea was quickly shot down for several reasons.

Here is a web site set up by my friend Capefish from marlinsbaseball.com on this issue.unofficial marlins ballpark page by capefish

1997 | 2003

on a side note...the New Busch Stadium is going up nicely. Its not a hole in the ground anymore and there are towers (best way to put it) already up.

drove by last night looking for a billboard that I designed. (didn't find it..)

on a side note...the New Busch Stadium is going up nicely. Its not a hole in the ground anymore and there are towers (best way to put it) already up.

drove by last night looking for a billboard that I designed. (didn't find it..)

PC, I wish I would have known you were going to be down there last night as I was around there as well (took my daughter to see the Wiggles at Savvis).

As for the KC dome plan, I thought the proposal was actually made after the stadiums were up. My understanding was that it was going to be a fabric, tarp-like structure that would have been on a pivot that would have "swung" from stadium to stadium depending upon who was playing where and in what weather. In retrospect, I'm glad they didn't do it because it would have looked downright weird and really wouldn't have offered a tremendous amount of protection against the elements as rain would still be able to blow into the stadium, maybe not onto the field, but certainly onto the fans.

Archived