2018 MLB Season

FiddySicks

The Home Run Derby and All Star Game have become a trash event ruined by Cubs fans. Javi Baez shouldn’t be an All Star. Kyle Scwarber is a waste of a roster spot he should be in the HRD in the AAA event. Oh, and he sucks at defense. The Cubs catcher who claims to be a better player than Yadi is a joke and embarrassment. Contreras isn’t even a top 2 defensive catcher in the damn division. The players and media should pick who goes to the All Star game, not Cubs fans. 

If people want to see Cubs players so bad, they should go to Chicago. If they wanna see Javi Baez blow his arm swinging for the fences, go to Chicago. Don’t force your team upon others. 

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep hearing here that Machado to Phillies will be announced Wednesday , that it’s done, but Orioles want him to be on ASG in their uni. No link tho, but there’s a Baltimore beat writer on radio right now saying it too. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 7/14/2018 at 4:08 PM, SabresRule7361 said:

Red Sox = Paper Tigers

i don’t care how many wins they have or how gaudy their stats are.

This is a team built for the regular season  and not the postseason. 

Don’t trust them.

You actually do care how many wins they have, hence your poem. Their success has prompted you to post this.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Keep hearing here that Machado to Phillies will be announced Wednesday , that it’s done, but Orioles want him to be on ASG in their uni. No link tho, but there’s a Baltimore beat writer on radio right now saying it too. 

The talking heads are all confused right now.  Within the last hour I've seen Morosi say he's heading to Philly while Heyman has him going to LA.

Which of course means that he's probably going to be a Brewer.

VmWIn6B.png

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

1 hour ago, LMU said:

The talking heads are all confused right now.  Within the last hour I've seen Morosi say he's heading to Philly while Heyman has him going to LA.

Which of course means that he's probably going to be a Brewer.

Apparently the O’s have a deal in place with someone but are waiting for medical/paperwork stuff. I don’t really care where he goes but I guess I’d prefer the Dodgers bc I think they have better prospects (not sure on that) and I think he’d have a bigger chance to resign there (aka not the Yankees). 

spacer.png

Apparently some of the family he had in attendance took off their Hader jerseys and were given blank ones. Yikes. You'd think at this point agents or the clubs would go through these guys' social media history and delete stuff like this.

What an unfortunate thing to happen on what should be the biggest night of his life. Good!  :censored: him. 

IUe6Hvh.png

5 minutes ago, See Red said:

What an unfortunate thing to happen on what should be the biggest night of his life. Good!  :censored: him. 

What a PR and clubhouse nightmare. This clown is gonna have "John Rocker stink" on him for the rest of his career.

So it's gotta be asked... Brewers gotta cut him loose tomorrow, right?

6uXNWAo.png

5 minutes ago, the admiral said:

No, they shouldn't unperson an All-Star because he was retarded on the internet as a teenager.

I think teenagers were self aware enough in 2012 to not post n-bombs. We had experience of social media meltdowns even then.

And I think it's part of the game for all pro ball players to go back and clean up their social media. There's an industry for that service and everything. His agent probably should have given him a hand a while ago.

I know you (and Bill Maher) aren't big fans of the outrage machine, and I share your concern that all of us can be othered out of existence. But at the same time, free speech isn't free, you know? The consequences for posting anti-gay and anti-everything tweets are pretty clear and have been for some time.

On the topic of baseball, has the ASG become the baseball version of the NBA all star game? Do pitchers just not give a :censored:? Or are hitters that good?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

So suspend him or make him wear some sort of hairshirt. Or fire him for cause, the cause of having been dumb online before the age of majority, and let the strongest players' union in sports think about what kind of precedent they're going to stand for. Unions are still more beholden to their members than they are to media creatures who live on Twitter, right?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I have no idea how his comments will even play in baseball. The sports has seen a major demographic shift in its makeup over the past couple of decades and I'm not sure what audience or audiences it is even appealing to.

I think an apology and everyone moving on is probably okay.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

UGH.... just, why?!

I honestly don't know what I want here.  On one hand, I detest prejudice and am incredibly disappointed to know someone on my team said such ignorant things.  On the other, I cringe to think of what homophobic trash would be attached to my name had Twitter been a thing when I was 17.

I know there are several worthwhile organizations here in Milwaukee dedicated to combatting racism and homophobia.  Hopefully Hader can reach out to some and work out some sort of arrangement... likely one that would entail financial support.  As much as that may seem like a cop out, I honestly don't know what else can or should be done here.  All I do know is if he's too toxic for the Brewers, then he ought to be too toxic for the other 29 teams.

Archived