2018 MLB Season

FiddySicks

St Louis sweeps LA. Arizona beats Anaheim, and Colorado beats SD. LA is now 3 back of COL and 4.5 back of AZ. Jansen returns from injury, yet is responsible for 2 of the losses. The Dodgers feel like my Giants from 2 years ago. Probably the best team in the division, but the bullpen has singlehandedly sabotaged them.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mets and Nats fans: was there constant consternation every day since 2015 about Daniel Murphy not approving of people being gay? Cubs fans with media gigs are getting insufferable and it's been less than a week. It's two sides of the same coin with Cardinals fans and having to have the best character of anyone. Athletes are kind of dumb, he could have said and done far worse, and teams don't really care about this stuff. Sorry Theo didn't run the trade by you first, I guess.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

Mets and Nats fans: was there constant consternation every day since 2015 about Daniel Murphy not approving of people being gay? Cubs fans with media gigs are getting insufferable and it's been less than a week. It's two sides of the same coin with Cardinals fans and having to have the best character of anyone. Athletes are kind of dumb, he could have said and done far worse, and teams don't really care about this stuff. Sorry Theo didn't run the trade by you first, I guess.

Not a Mets fan but read the New York papers and listen to New York sports radio daily.  I don't remember there being anything near the level of consternation Cubs fan media types in the New York media.  There were articles in the papers and it was probably mentioned on the radio but it didn't last long, maybe a day or so.  I actually forgot about the comments until I read an article in the Scum Times yesterday rehashing it.  By the end of 2015, the biggest story with Murphy was his craptastic defense in the World Series.

UPDATE: I guess Murphy said something about how he wants everyone to feel welcome at games, which is a somewhat more artful "I'm sorry if anyone was offended," but whatever. The narcissism of these people who think they and their sensibilities need to be consulted and flattered in the construction of a baseball roster is off the charts. I can't fathom how anyone could be a Cubs fan through so much but abandon the team over this. I'm not impressed by his character myself, but the Cubs need more hitting if the Cardinals have vowed never to lose another game, and a five-week waiver claim on some Christian doofus being conflicted on his attitude toward homosexuality should not be taken as some sort of betrayal. The Cubs never stood for anything in the first place.

In my experience reading your experiences, don't Blackhawks media people and bloggers have a tendency to be sanctimonius as hell? Given that there's probably a pretty decent overlap with the Blackhawks and the Cubs, this doesn't seem like a huge surprise development. It could just be a broader Chicago thing for all I know. In any case, if there are Cubs fans turned off by this I would've thought they would have already been turned off by their Ted Cruz look-a-like chief owner whose political donations don't exactly paint him as being all that much better than the actual Ted Cruz is. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Kramerica Industries said:

In my experience reading your experiences, don't Blackhawks media people and bloggers have a tendency to be sanctimonius as hell? Given that there's probably a pretty decent overlap with the Blackhawks and the Cubs, this doesn't seem like a huge surprise development.

The whole "sanctimonious Blackhawks blogger" scene is way too hard to explain to the genpub but it's basically a by-product of being a Hawks fan but also a devoted Score listener from like the last decade and having to reconcile the love of the team with the Score's weird but very strident anti-Blackhawks stance. But yeah, a lot of the same people from Patrick Kane Rape Truth are back for this one.

22 hours ago, ninersdd said:

St Louis sweeps LA. Arizona beats Anaheim, and Colorado beats SD. LA is now 3 back of COL and 4.5 back of AZ. Jansen returns from injury, yet is responsible for 2 of the losses. The Dodgers feel like my Giants from 2 years ago. Probably the best team in the division, but the bullpen has singlehandedly sabotaged them.

In Jansen's defense:

*He's thrown straight from the DL for heart issues into two tied-in-the-ninth situations, which he's never done well in.

*Roberts/Friedman/Zaidi love to skip rehab starts and launch guys right back into the fire.  See: Buehler, Walker.

*Kenley's wife gave birth on Tuesday.  He was thrown out there probably extra amped to the point where his typical 92-93 MPH cutter was replaced with 96 MPH straight-as-an-arrow heat.

VmWIn6B.png

On 8/15/2018 at 1:39 AM, Bucfan56 said:

The A’s are good to where it doesn’t make any sense, and the Giants are only 5 back in a pretty weak division. I dont really expect much from either team in terms of a playoff run, because they both have playoff teams ahead of them who ate head and shoulders above them, but at least the last two months or so are still interesting here! 

So that's why Posey's out for the rest of the year...no more eating heads or shoulders, man.  Stick to delivering babies ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

10 hours ago, the admiral said:

Yanks got McCutchen, the world is a terrible place.

Eh, he wasn’t exactly lights out in SF this year (still better than most of the team, which is elderly/inexperienced/on the DL), and he really deserved to be on a contender. He was literally the only guy the Giants had with real trade value that wasn’t “locked in” with a contract.

On 8/30/2018 at 4:00 PM, Bucfan56 said:

I absolutely LOATHE iPhone’s autocorrect. 

It's not only that - this board has its own autocorrect (at least in mobile - I haven't noticed it on PC), that repeats words and make absolutely baffling changes at times.  I mistype here more than any other site I post in.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived