FiddySicks

2018 MLB Season

Recommended Posts

Showalter's out in Baltimore after the season.  Had a great run, is they guy that was responsible for bring baseball relevancy back to Baltimore, and could have maybe been an asset during the rebuild.  But I can see the logic behind having a new voice to run the club during the new era.

 

As long as Duquette is gone too I won't be too upset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2018 at 10:20 PM, Bucfan56 said:

Predictions: 

 

AL West:

Stros

Halos

M’s

Rangers

AAA’s

 

 A’s will be young and terrible 

 

NL West:

Dodgers

Giants

D Backs

Rockies

Pads

 

Giants are going to bounce back in a big way and contend with the Dodgers all season. Dodgers will win the division, but the Giants will snag the top Wild Card spot. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh. You dribble and you shoot. 

 

Its not like the A’s are actually going to do anything in the playoffs anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2018 at 3:18 PM, RockyTopper said:

Atlanta has a 6 game lead in the East. They just had a pretty ugly showing in St Louis, but at least managed to split the series 2-1. They play the Phillies, who are 6 games back, in a 4 game series, then the Mets for 3, and close the season with a 3 game series in Philly. Meanwhile the Nats are almost caught up to the Phillies for second in the East.

 

The Braves will find a way to collapse. After all, Atlanta's sports tradition must endure.

They won the division today! I was just being cynical and predicting a collapse ~ironically~, it's all the big rage with the internet kids these days, honest!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RockyTopper said:

They won the division today! I was just being cynical and predicting a collapse ~ironically~, it's all the big rage with the internet kids these days, honest!

It's called a reverse jinx. It's a legitimate and effective strategy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yanks punched their ticket to the postseason last night (aka 1 game wild card game) and popped champagne like they won the division. Can't say I agree with busting out the champagne for making it to the 163rd game of the season. Celebrate sure, but champagne showers? Nah, that's for the division winners

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Olmec said:

Yanks punched their ticket to the postseason last night (aka 1 game wild card game) and popped champagne like they won the division. Can't say I agree with busting out the champagne for making it to the 163rd game of the season. Celebrate sure, but champagne showers? Nah, that's for the division winners

Especially for a team that makes the playoffs almost every year like the Yanks. I can’t remember if the 2012 O’s did it but that would be a situation in which it’d be appropriate imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm told the 91 loss Reds played the 102 loss Royals last night. If you watched that, not to mention sat through the rain delay, you deserve some kind of medal. You're a better fan than me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BREW CREW in the Postseason again! How sweet it is! More work to go though! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brewers vs. Astros in the we were in different leagues not that long ago World Series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Phils' first 8 hitters all struck out, they lost 14-0, and they gave up 10+ to the same team in 3 consecutive games for the first time in 85 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BigEd76 said:

The Phils' first 8 hitters all struck out, they lost 14-0, and they gave up 10+ to the same team in 3 consecutive games for the first time in 85 years

It's been a great few days! Rox are hot and the Dbacks and Brewers have been doing their part!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wings said:

Brewers vs. Astros in the we were in different leagues not that long ago World Series. 


The Brewers have now been an NL club for more years of my life than an AL club, and this would still be a mind:censored: to me.

That said... WOO HOO!!!  Playoff ball returns to Brew City!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm kind of hoping that the Dodgers get swept in Frisco.

 

Maybe that'll give Friedman and Zaidi a swift kick in the ass that you can't build a bullpen out of waiver claims and failed closers and that maybe with the luxury tax reset that they spend money on players that can actually fill holes.

 

And maybe use the outfield logjam as trade bait so that we can end the ridiculous "let's bench our hottest hitter for a week because we're facing a few lefties" strategy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, LMU said:

I'm kind of hoping that the Dodgers get swept in Frisco.

 

You wanna go for a swim? :devil:?

 

But seriously, good luck with that. This Giants team has been in a complete free-fall in September, trying to justify Evans’ firing/reassignment and the importance of aging stars.

 

Ah well, I can’t complain. The Giants made the most out of their window. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SFGiants58 said:

 

You wanna go for a swim? :devil:?

 

But seriously, good luck with that. This Giants team has been in a complete free-fall in September, trying to justify Evans’ firing/reassignment and the importance of aging stars.

 

Ah well, I can’t complain. The Giants made the most out of their window. 

So were the D-Backs and we all saw what just happened there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LMU said:

I'm kind of hoping that the Dodgers get swept in Frisco.

 

Maybe that'll give Friedman and Zaidi a swift kick in the ass that you can't build a bullpen out of waiver claims and failed closers and that maybe with the luxury tax reset that they spend money on players that can actually fill holes.

 

And maybe use the outfield logjam as trade bait so that we can end the ridiculous "let's bench our hottest hitter for a week because we're facing a few lefties" strategy.

 

Shush. The Cardinals elimination number is 3 and I won't feel good until it's 0. I need both of the Dodgers and the Rockies to not :censored: this up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t believe there could potentially be 2 90-win teams that miss and one sub-90 win team that makes it. 

 

The AL is crazy this year, except for, you know, the Central.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.