MLB by NIKE

colinturner95

Love it! Although, I'm curious to see how the alternate hat would look with a white brim instead of grey. I know they've worn it before. Otherwise, glad you left everything intact and I'm very glad the logo is streamlined and made to be the same rather than slightly different variations.

YankeesBPHats.jpg

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going Back to Cali with the Oakland A's

qsh4z1K.png

So I saw the A's were wearing throwback uniforms that were vests and I loved them and the kelly green. So that changed a few of my plans for the Athletics which is why it took me a little while longer to get them done. 

Hats - So kelly green replaces the darker green across the board. It just pops more with the yellow IMO. Same A's logo on the front. KGreen hate, yellow bill. Same goes for the helmets. The BP hat is also the alternate hat, which is the standard hat with the color flipped. 

Jerseys - As I said before and above, I loved the vest throwbacks. Which got me thinking and I think that the A's could rock vests full time. So I rolled with that thought. Vests across the board for the Athletics. Which also means undershirts in the same colors if the A's felt like mixing and matching. Athletics on the home set, Oakland on the road set and A's and the number on the Alt which I guess could also be a throwback if you wanted it to be. Elephant logo on the left sleeve of all the undershirts. Collar striping that matches the sleeve striping as well. 

Pants - Pants have the matching striping down the side. And yes I went colored pants for the A's. They have historical precedence for the yellow pants and I think for the green as well. So I went with all three colors. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Oakland looks great. I love the idea of going with a vest full time. The arm striping pattern is great and I like how it continues onto the pants. I'm really glad you abolished the dreadful all green hat they use now. I agree that kelly green is much better for the A's than forest green. It's brighter and pops better. All around great job!

Oakland looks very good. I fear you are going way to modern on some, but some others are absolutely phenomenal. Good execution here, and great presentation as always. 

14o81a1.jpg9qgwba.jpg

q4P1a0w.png

MY TEAM! Is it a tough life being a Mariners fan? Yeah it feels like every season. Anyways, I don't like the throwback/fauxback look they debuted a few years ago. If they wanted to, just throwback to the era. No need for vintage white for vintage white's sake. I really liked the socks that the M's started wearing a few years back so those drove the design choices here. 

Hats - for the life of me, I don't understand why the Mariners don't go to the navy/teal hat full time. The navy/navy hat seems so boring. So navy/teal becomes the full time hat, as well as the helmet. The teal/navy hat is an alternate hat/BP hat and because I was feeling semi-nostalgic, I included the new BP hat with the old trident logo. 

Jerseys - Jerseys are white, navy and teal. I kept the placket stripes on the white and teal and added teal stripes to the navy uniform. MARINERS on the front of the home and alts and SEATTLE on the away. I added the socks striping to the sleeves. Double outlined numbers and wordmarks on the home/away, single looked better on the alternate. BP jerseys are also semi nostalgic because of the racing stripes and the M's did experiment with those in the early years. Logo on the front, number on the chest. 

Pants - Pants are white and grey. I tried silver, but that felt too modern for this thread, so I stuck with grey. Single stripe down the pant legs on both. Socks are double striped.

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

"When the Earth starts to settle, God throws a stone at it. And believe me, He's winding up"

FUukVZx.png

By far this is definitely the most controversial design of this thread. I was always going to keep a fauxback uniform in the Rays set whether it was the light blue or the navy one. But then the more and more I worked with the Rays, the more and more I began to loathe their identity. To me, it's just super boring and devoid of life. Then I had the crazy idea of making the fauxbacks the full time look. I have a feeling this won't be well received, but I figured I'd give it a shot. 

Hats - So keeping it with the fauxback style, navy hat with blue front panel with the TB logo. Helmets get the same treatment. For the BP stuff, I really wasn't sure where to go with that since the BP jerseys were going to be based off the fauxbacks but now the fauxbacks are the main jerseys, it didn't feel right to have basically the same jerseys so as far as the BP hat goes, kept it rather simple with a navy hat, light blue bill and inverted logo. 

Jerseys - Again, kept it fauxback style, but with a few tweaks. I took the striping from the light blue and yellow fauxback uniforms and used that instead of the monochrome double striping used on the navy/light blue fauxback. Also I tweaked the wordmark so there's more color represented. Numbers right underneath the wordmarks. BP jerseys are simple, just some striping and the TB monogram with upper chest numbers. 

Pants - The pants are where the most change occurs. Now there's a white, light blue and navy blue set to round it all out. Striping is the same as the jerseys. Socks have the stripes as well. 

This is definitely a departure from where I was intending to go with the Rays, but in the end I personally think its more unique than the current identity, but let me know what you guys think.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

5 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

"When the Earth starts to settle, God throws a stone at it. And believe me, He's winding up"

By far this is definitely the most controversial design of this thread. I was always going to keep a fauxback uniform in the Rays set whether it was the light blue or the navy one. But then the more and more I worked with the Rays, the more and more I began to loathe their identity. To me, it's just super boring and devoid of life. Then I had the crazy idea of making the fauxbacks the full time look. I have a feeling this won't be well received, but I figured I'd give it a shot. 

On the contrary, this is simple and elegant fix to an otherwise dull rays design. The fauxback look (with its retro script and raglan sleeves) is really cool. I have just two minor suggestions: 1. add the light blue cap the white front panel as the home look and 2. swap the away and alternate socks so the socks always match the contrasting sleeves. 

Great job!

You've outdone yourself with the Rays! This is so much better than bland current identity. You've proven that their "fauxback" design can work as their primary look. Man, it's amazing how just giving yellow more prominence can really liven up the Rays. 

I also agree with all of @Carolingian Steamroller's suggestions above. 

You guys have patiently waited so I thought I'd reward you with the final 2 AL teams in one post

First up, Texas: 

j2s487Y.png

The original plan for Texas was to go in a much much much more modern route but at the end, I decided against it. However the design would live on in another way and I'll explain that in a little bit. 

Hats - Changed from blue/blue to blue/red with the drop-shadowed T on the main hats. On the alternate hats, T logo with the state flag in the same colors. And for the BP hat, I brought back the sheriffs badge and set it behind the T logo. 

Jerseys - The jerseys almost went in a very State Flag of Texas direction. But after looking at it for a long while, I decided against it, thinking it was almost too modern for this thread, but I loved the design so I couldn't see it go away completely. So for the normal home/away/alternates I did a double stripe that mirrors the stripes on the state flag. I think and I could be wrong but the home jerseys are the first to say RANGERS since the late 90's (?). I also retooled the wordmarks so they are drop-shadowed to match the hat logo. I also added some placket piping. For the white alt, this was the leftover from the original design. I thought that it was too cool to be thrown out and could be used as a "state pride" kinda thing.  BP jersey keeps the state pride idea with the T - Flag logo. 

Pants - Pants have the same double stripe down the side, socks do as well 

And finishing up the AL, Toronto: 

FBaRy1R.jpg

I'm a big fan of the Blue Jays relatively new-ish look. Though I can't believe its almost 6 years old already. Because of that, I really didn't change a whole lot. Just a couple minor things. 

Hats - Two hats/helmets for full time use, white front panel and all blue. For days where American teams celebrate something American, they have a red hat and helmet set to wear complete with a maple leaf. BP hat mixes and matches with blue hat, white bill and white and red maple leaf. 

Jerseys - Two full time jerseys, white and blue. Double striping matches the split numbering and lettering found throughout the identity. I also added some striping around the collar. For the Canadian uni's used TORONTO on the chest with the maple leaf where the blue jay goes and put the blue jay on the sleeve. BP jersey has the blue jay front and center, large stripes up higher on the sleeve and truncated collar striping. 

Pants - Pants come in two colors and two striping color variety. Double stripe down the leg and stripes on the socks. 

C&C welcome on both!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived