Dayton Dynamo rebrand

DaBestoftheWest

The Dayton Dynamo are a semi-pro soccer team in Dayton, OH. Their original logo is nice, but while they take 2018 off to pursue going pro in 2019, I decided why not see if I can make it more unique. The stripes are from the Dynamo's away jersey in their first season in 2016. The barber shop stripes became their staple and last season they had 4 jerseys featuring them (3 of them were subtle). The propellors with their swooshes come straight from the original Dynamo logo. DJ Switzer from Wrong Side of the Pond created the logo, and says the propellors are inspired by the ones on the Wright Flyer. The gear represents the manufacturing industry on both the flag and seal of the city, so I wanted to incorporate it into this logo.

I need some help though. While this is the idea I like, the font is absolutely terrible and I don't really know how to find something that would look great. So this is just a placeholder for now. 

So please, I'm open to any help and ideas, especially with the wording up top.

Hj962nR.png

So the name was resurrected, eh?  I remember them being in the same league as the Wave back in the day.

I think you should consider looking at small airplanes...it is then that you will figure out what the typeface should look like.  Obviously, you know this here is the Mr. Right Now font, and there is a Mr. Right out there.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

16 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

So the name was resurrected, eh?  I remember them being in the same league as the Wave back in the day.

I think you should consider looking at small airplanes...it is then that you will figure out what the typeface should look like.  Obviously, you know this here is the Mr. Right Now font, and there is a Mr. Right out there.

Yeah the Dynamo name came back for that reason! It was the name that resonated with soccer for the most people in a survey. I thought about airplanes but I think with the propellor thats enough airplane visually. And you're right, we need a version of the Bachelor to find the right font.

Archived